Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
It'll happen soon enough. I'm more worried about the dates we set for it all this year. I'm worried it is going to take longer for mail to arrive. I think we need to prepare to be flexible. But most of all I'm worried about those who always come into it at the last minute just before Thanksgiving. It's on the 26th this year, I believe. That's giving me pause. I'm open to thoughts and suggestions.

Reactions: Solice

DixieBelle

Rudolph is my Jam!
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Oct 14, 2011
USA
I would love to be a part of this. How?

I agree that mail is taking much longer than usual. I think maybe the dates need to be shifted and maybe start early or something like that.

-sun-

KimB

Elf Supervisor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
My suggestion is have the final list November 1. It took five weeks for my cousin in Canada to receive a card from me. Last year it took less than one week.

Doesn't everyone love early Christmas cards? So if they arrive early, no big loss. My guess is that everyone will be sending their packages our very early this year.

This is also an election year with lots of mail-in ballots expected. I think the USPS will be swamped.

Reactions: Solice

Christmasplease

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Aug 9, 2015
Canada
It did take many many weeks for the Cards I sent in April to be received.

I’m in, for an earlier date this Christmas.

Reactions: KimB

Minta

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
I am open to any dates. I am ok with receiving cards after Christmas .. even weeks after Christmas. It just means that Christmas Love/Cheer gets spread out and enjoyed even longer :)

WintersElf

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
MMC Premiere
Christmas Talk Alum
Jul 31, 2015
WinterWonderland -Florida
am i the only nernous nelly about getting so many cards in mail...we do have a virus that is full of germs that anyone can catch even on a letter...maybe by then things will be better..we have 5 new cases in our tiny town this week...one didnt make it..im still scared..i would say im in but right now..im not..

KimB

Elf Supervisor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
So far, scientists believe the virus spreads directly from person-to-person especially indoors. I saw a ranking from "most likely" to "least likely" and mail was toward the bottom of the list. If you really want to be extremely careful, you can wipe the envelopes down or spray Lysol on them.

At first, I was wiping down everything I bought at the grocery store with a Lysol wipe but with more information, I felt OK not doing that.

Of course, it's always prudent to weigh risk/reward. That's why I always wear my mask and keep social distance, even when I'm wearing the mask.

Reactions: ponytramp

Christmasplease

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Aug 9, 2015
Canada
I am up for what the majority want to do. I too LOVE getting cards after Christmas, but truth be told, I would be a little “Blue” if I didn’t receive ANY before Christmas.

I am very, very cautious, even during normal times. I do believe there are ways to receive/open cards safely, even during “Coronatime”.

Stay safe everyone. I’m “distance” hugging my MMC Family right now!!!!

• Love
Reactions: ponytramp and KimB

xmastidings

Santa's Mentor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Previously Maryland, now Connecticut
well, I wish I could foresee the future, but I cannot. Right now, who knows where things can be come this Fall and then heading into winter. Myself, I’m not taking any chances, better to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. If I were in your shoes and had to make a decision, I would push the kickoff date to earlier and then if any cards get mailed out later than that date, well, there’s a risk in doing so of not getting there on time before Christmas

I personally think this thing is going to rear it’s ugly head once more come the colder months. And everything’s going to lock down once again unfortunately. Better buy you t/p and t-bones now while it’s available.

But then again, who knows.

Reactions: ponytramp

ponytramp

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
Sep 21, 2019
new england
Here's another point of view. If mail was a source of transmission we would all have the virus since we all get mail.

Of course I still quarantine everything that I bring into the house. I don't touch it for 3 days. After that I feel safe touching it. If it's something that I have to touch before the 3 days is up then I just wash my hands after touching it.

I hope this gives people peace of mind. :)

Of course we can't be too careful when it comes to this thing. I pray they come up with a vaccine.

Like Kim I also wear my mask and even with the mask practice social distancing.

I agree with xmastidings. I do think things will get worse again in the fall. I will make sure I have provisions.

I hope I'm wrong about it getting worse!

Be safe and healthy everyone.

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image

Free Kringle Radio

Click for a pop out player