Any special plans for Labor Day Weekend?

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
Just wondering if anyone of you have any special plans since it will be a 3 day weekend for most of us. I myself am not doing much..sticking close to home..maybe go to a few garage sales. I don't think our weather here is going to be that warm and it looks as if we may get some rain too!

Ms_Speedy_Elf

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 13, 2008
We had planned to go to my b/f brother's house for a few day's ,BUT since his brother lives in Cape Coral,FL annd there are not one ,but 2 BIG storm's looming down that way we DEFINATLY (sp?) won't be going .

Soooo, I guess that we'll just stay here,maybe have a cookout,watch NASCAR ...don't know what else.

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
We are going to my FIL's tomorrow afternoon for a cookout and we will have a small cookout at our house on Monday.
Between this weekend and next weekend I will be doing a major cleaning of our house to get ready to decorate for the fall/halloween. Those decoration will go up in a couple weeks. Plus I want to clean the windows and get them ready to be winterized.

SparkleNana

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
May 19, 2008
After a really busy summer, we are praying for a quiet weekend. Cleaning and decluttering actually sounds good to me! And - for fun -- I would love to work on my Christmas Notebook!

MarthaK

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Sep 5, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
It has been a long week at work. I am looking forward to the 3-day weekend to clean house, run some baggy clothes to Goodwill (I've dropped 45 lbs so far this year), and do some investigating into replacing the carpet in my den. My elderly dog did a number on it before he passed and I want to take care of that by painting the areas over with Kilz before replacing the carpet...which was old and ugly before this latest insult. New carpet for the holidays!

Then, on Sunday, I will go with my b/f to the breeder to see Libby, his new yellow Labrador Retriver. Libby and her litter mates are only 5 weeks old and not due to come home until the end of September, but he still has to watch them and decide which of the 6 adorable white-yellow females is Libby.

MsChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 8, 2008
Maryland, USA
My Aunt is in town from Arizona. We have 2 cookouts tomorrow and 2 on Monday. Lots of cleaning also.. some of my fall stuff is going out this weekend!

RadioJonD

♪♫~Guru of Yule Audio~♫♪
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2005
Moon Winx Motor Lodge
radiojond.tumblr.com
Twelve hours of overtime. That means a twelve hour shift today and a double shift (sixteen hours) tomorrow. Why can't people behave?

Ms_Speedy_Elf

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 13, 2008
Twelve hours of overtime. That means a twelve hour shift today and a double shift (sixteen hours) tomorrow. Why can't people behave?

Sorry to hear that JonD

novelist

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2007
connecticut
cheesyToday we are going to my husband's brother's house for a cookout. I'm bringing pasta salad, it's always a big hit. Tomorrow we'll just stay home. I'll probably do my usual laundry, and for supper we will cookout. Whatever anyone's plans are, i hope you all have a safe and happy holiday!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image