Any "special" plans?

JanaBanana

*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess,
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2007
Just curious if anyone has special plans for Valentines this year?

Santa's Helper

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 14, 2007
Out there
Nothing for us. We just get cards and that's it usually.

MsChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 8, 2008
Maryland, USA
Not yet. My Hubby usually takes me out to dinner but we wont go on Valentines Day since its normally way too crowded. I might see if he will make me a romantic dinner this year cheesy

Faith4always

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 17, 2008
Lafayette, LA USA
Actually, our church is having a Valentine's Banquet at a nice, place here in Lafayette. We may or may not attend. I just don't know yet. cheesy
We always get the kids special chocolatey treats!

Paul_C_NB

Mistletoe Hanger
MMC Member
Jan 4, 2009
Quispamsis, NB, Canada
I'll be going out for dinner with family....but only because my Sister's birthday is on February 14th. How I hate looking for those Valentine birthday cards, there's only about 3 different ones & they usually aren't that great. :-?

JanaBanana

*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess,
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2007
I really need to plan something... think think think!

trackrebel

candy cane hustla
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2008
Germany
sports.groups.yahoo.com
We won´t do anything....haven´t done so last year...and probably won´t this....we don´t have the money....so the biggest chance is....I will cook something special...if that at all....:D

Rob

Elf Supervisor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Apr 3, 2008
Kentucky
Some Ideas for Valentines Day

Here are some ideas I found that are for the whole family.

We leave valentines (cards, small gifts, candies, homemade coupons) in special holders on the kids' doorknobs for them to see in the morning when they wake up. Have a breakfast of heartshaped pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream. The kids get to help Mom make and decorate a heart-shaped cake (in a heart-shaped pan)during the day. Have sandwiches for lunch cut out into heart shapes with cookie cutters. For dinner order out and eat by candlelight. Play a family-friendly variation of spin the bottle, where the person who spun the bottle had to say one thing they love about the person the bottle "landed on.

Kids put out their shoes the night before, then fill them with sweet treats in the morning. Hide little notes on valentines and red/pink construction paper around the house bearing little poems, words of love, etc. The kids have a great time finding them and they could be hidden anywhere!

Have a traditional Valentine's family date night. Everyone dresses up. Mom buys boutineers for her boys and go to a fancy restaurant and celebrate the love you share as a family.

Do a scavenger hunt around the house with a giant Hershey's Kiss at the end. send each person on their own hunt. They have to track down several clues before they get to their prize. Generally write the clue, plus have a clip art picture to help them solve the clue. ( pictures are especially helpful when they dont know how to read yet.)

:rudolph:

Last edited:

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Nice ideas!

Here are some ideas I found that are for the whole family.

We leave valentines (cards, small gifts, candies, homemade coupons) in special holders on the kids' doorknobs for them to see in the morning when they wake up. Have a breakfast of heartshaped pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream. The kids get to help Mom make and decorate a heart-shaped cake (in a heart-shaped pan)during the day. Have sandwiches for lunch cut out into heart shapes with cookie cutters. For dinner order out and eat by candlelight. Play a family-friendly variation of spin the bottle, where the person who spun the bottle had to say one thing they love about the person the bottle "landed on.

Kids put out their shoes the night before, then fill them with sweet treats in the morning. Hide little notes on valentines and red/pink construction paper around the house bearing little poems, words of love, etc. The kids have a great time finding them and they could be hidden anywhere!

Have a traditional Valentine's family date night. Everyone dresses up. Mom buys boutineers for her boys and go to a fancy restaurant and celebrate the love you share as a family.

Do a scavenger hunt around the house with a giant Hershey's Kiss at the end. send each person on their own hunt. They have to track down several clues before they get to their prize. Generally write the clue, plus have a clip art picture to help them solve the clue. ( pictures are especially helpful when they dont know how to read yet.)
I like to hand out valentines to everyone I know. I decorate my bus and give the kids a treat bag too. For my family we will have some special treats and exchange cards. I love those heart shaped candies with the sayings on them and we always have a bowl full on the table.

joyful

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 25, 2006
northeast USA
A lot depends on our situation here. If we still have our house guest, we probably will go out for dinner. If we have our house back to ourselves, then I will make a nice romantic dinner and special atmosphere here at home. Hubby and I enjoy our home and our time here alone.

Mumof2

One Happy lil Elf
MMC Lifer
Oct 23, 2007
Boston, Ma
www.facebook.com
I think this year We will have a family dinner date,we will get dressed up,eat dinner,exchange lil gifts. another option my kids wanna do is a valentine's bowling date at our local bowling alley. Im kinda torn at this point.

MsChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 8, 2008
Maryland, USA
I think this year We will have a family dinner date,we will get dressed up,eat dinner,exchange lil gifts. another option my kids wanna do is a valentine's bowling date at our local bowling alley. Im kinda torn at this point.

The bowling idea sounds like a lot of fun!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
We were supposed to have our annual bowling bash on Valentines Day this year - "bring your sweetie bowling to celebrate Valentines Day" it said on the invitations...but we were informed by the guys at the bowling alley (2 days AFTER sending out 150 invitations!!!!) that they scheduled us for the wrong date... They put us down for Feb. 21st instead of Feb. 14th! It has been the same weekend - Daytona 500 weekend/Presidents weekend - for 7-8 years now!! Ah well, honest mistake. The bowling alley is already booked on the 14th, so we have to get ahold of everyone & let them know the invitations are wrong & the bash is Feb. 21st! Thank goodness for email!!!!!!!!!!

So I guess that means we have NO plans for Valentines Day now!! :yahoo:

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England
nothing planned as of yet, we don't tend to go out for dinner because it's so crowded everywhere, we will probably just get a takeaway and a nice box of chocolates, watch a good film and exchange little gifts. my OH is really good with valentines, he makes a fuss over me and makes me feel very special, i wish he'd do it more often, lol! cheesy

momnan30

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Hubby has to work that evening, but we don't really plan things anyway. I hate to pay inflated restaurant prices on Valentine's Day. But, I did go all Martha Stewart this year and made all my own Valentine cards! Guess, what I discovered? I'm not that crafty! Sorry, Martha! I posted some pics in my albums, don't laugh!

Last edited:

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
As I had mentioned in another thread we usually don't get into all the hype of V-Day. We sometimes go outto dinner and sometimes I cook a "special" dinner at home like lobster, salad some wine that sort of thing. This year s/o is working nights. So my sister and I have decided (since her s/o just started a new job in another state and won't be here) to take my daughter, her two boys and our two nieces to the hot springs. We will have dinner there and then do a little swimming and relaxing! This will also give my brother and his wife a break from the girls as they had planned to go to Deadwood S. Dakota to stay a couple nights and do a little gambling, dining, sight seeing that sort of thing. So it should be a good time for everyone! cheesy

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England
annette that sounds lovely and it's so nice of you to take your nieces so that your brother and his wife can have a nice break.

Steven

Belly shakes like Jelly
MMC Emeritus Member
Jan 9, 2008
Barbourville, KY
We are going to Misaki in Knoxville, Tn this weekend. We planned to make a 3 day trip to Gatlinburg, but that we decided to save the money to make it easier to pay for our cruise.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image