Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Anyone have good gluten free cookie recipes?

Discussion in 'Christmas Food' started by lifeoflauri, Oct 13, 2015.

1. lifeoflauri

lifeoflauri MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

Looking to make the holiday cookies this year since we are the gluten free family members. Helps to avoid the other relatives bringing things that may make my kids sick. However, there are only a couple of cookies I've made GF so looking for about a dozen or so recipes to try if anyone has had SUCCESS with them in the past. Thanks.

MsRose and DoYouHearWhatIHear like this.
  2. Christmas-A-Holic

Christmas-A-Holic MMC Goodwill Ambassador Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa MMC Donor

Hi, lifeoflauri! I have gluten allergies and have posted a gluten free flour blend on another section of the forums. It hasn't failed me yet! :)

Here is the link: Gluten Free Flour Blend

MsRose and DoYouHearWhatIHear like this.
  3. whychristmas

whychristmas Webmaster Partner, <a href="http://www.whychristma Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa MMC Partner

4. DoYouHearWhatIHear

DoYouHearWhatIHear Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Premiere Member

I'm gluten free as well! But also dairy free...and a whole bunch of other frees. Would you still like some of those recipes, or just plain gluten free? Good to see someone else around here who adapts! I also have a gluten free biscuit recipe!

MsRose likes this.
  5. DoYouHearWhatIHear

DoYouHearWhatIHear Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Premiere Member

CAH it's SO nice to see that I'm not alone in the gluten avoidance! We'll have to trade some recipes!!

MsRose and Christmas-A-Holic like this.
  6. Christmas-A-Holic

Christmas-A-Holic MMC Goodwill Ambassador Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa MMC Donor

It's the most annoying allergy I have along with being allergic to dairy! Too many articles say people need to be tested by an allergist to confirm it's really an allergy and not an intolerance. That's what I did and it was confirmed an allergy - blah! I love food but it doesn't love me and it becomes a daily struggle to eat normal. We get invited to dinners and it appears I'm a picky eater when in reality I want to eat everything but can't! Thank goodness people understand! I pray that this goes away someday! I can only hope! Okay, I'm done ranting! Things could be way worse than this. Back to my Christmas smiles!!! :D

So yes, we do need to exchange recipes. If you have anything to share please post away on here! :)

7. K.G.

K.G. Chestnut Roaster MMC Member

My mum makes a delicious gluten free and sugar free christmas cake as we have a lot of diabetics in the family as well as gluten free
    Also we make almond cookies (traditional thing we do in my country) which are gluten free but I am allergic to them so I cant eat them

MsRose likes this.
  8. K.G.

K.G. Chestnut Roaster MMC Member

Anyone wants the recipes let me know

MsRose likes this.
  9. MsRose

MsRose Christmas Card Fanatic MMC Donor MMC Member

I am so happy I stumbled upon this thread. I've been gluten-free for a few years now, stopped baking at the holidays because of it.
    I'm looking for a good G free chocolate chip cookie recipe?
    Thank You for starting this thread

K.G. likes this.
  10. lifeoflauri

Thanks. I will definitely check this out.

Christmas-A-Holic likes this.
  11. lifeoflauri

We typically use enjoy life chocolate chips with the Nestle recipe subbing in Pamelas all purpose flower for a chocolate chip cookie. Not from scratch per say, but this recipe works great for my kids.

MsRose likes this.
  12. lifeoflauri

i would love the recipes. We have diabetes in the family as well.

MsRose likes this.
  13. lifeoflauri

We eat very little dairy, no nuts and only grains on special ocassions like holiday cookies. However, my son has been wishing to replicate sausage gravy and biscuits so a decent biscuit recipe would go well to satisfy that!! Thanks.

MsRose likes this.
  14. lifeoflauri

15. MsRose

MsRose Christmas Card Fanatic MMC Donor MMC Member

I can't wait to bake some G free chocolate chip cookies! First few batches will be for Thanksgiving.
    Thanks for the tips :snowball

16. Fire_Goddess

Fire_Goddess Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class MMC Premiere Member

This is not a cookie recipe but it is a really amazing scone recipe. I follow a paleo diet, which is a grain-free diet, and therefore gluten-free.
    I've made this recipe with both raspberries and blueberries.
    If you don't like a strong vanilla taste, only use 1tsp vanilla.
    I also use almond flour instead of grinding cashews.
    Enjoy!
    http://fedandfit.com/2013/07/28/paleo-blueberry-scones-2/

17. Fire_Goddess

Fire_Goddess Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class MMC Premiere Member

the website won't let me edit my above post :(
    I just wanted to add that the scone recipe is also dairy-free.