Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Are you getting the midsummer tingle?

Discussion in 'Christmas Countdown' started by Moley, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Moley

Moley Tinsel Straightener MMC Premiere Member MMC Member

About this time every year my winter/Christmas tingle begins. It may be warm here in the UK, but I've just bought a fleece jumper and blanket which were on sale.

2. prancer

prancer Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

I start getting the tingle when QVC Christmas In July is on...Thats just under 5 weeks away Moly:eek:

SnowflakeMom, Holiday and snowflake22 like this.
  3. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Yup.
    It starts every year around this time for me!

Holiday and snowflake22 like this.
  4. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa MMC Donor Louann Jeffries Award

Right now I'm fired up for the Fourth of July ... anytime after that, the tingle may hit!

SnowflakeMom and Holiday like this.
  5. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

With the really hot weather starting, as well as Hallmark Christmas in July - I'm getting super excited!!!

snowflake22 likes this.
  6. shrcpark

shrcpark Chestnut Roaster MMC Premiere Member MMC Member

I usually get it on the longest day of th year in the summer and germt a summer tingle on the shortest day of the year.

Holiday likes this.
  7. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

So true! When August hits, Christmas always crosses my mind as I know once the kids return to school in September, the countdown begins!!!

8. Moley

Moley Tinsel Straightener MMC Premiere Member MMC Member

August is when you notice the nights beginning to draw in.

9. prancer

prancer Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Summer is almost done and dusted...I am sooo ready for Fall now:)

10. Festive Spirit

I am NOT ready to say goodbye to summer yet!! Life is rushing by , I just want everything to slow down. My son starts high school in the fall and I am just not ready to let go!! lol

11. homefortheholidays

homefortheholidays Tinsel Straightener MMC Premiere Member

So ready for Fall! As soon as school starts back so does my official countdown to Christmas. I am usually over summer right after the 4th of July!

Christmasplease likes this.
  12. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

I get it, my son starts high school next month too!

Festive Spirit likes this.
  13. Festive Spirit

Where does the time go right?? Weren't we just dropping them off for their first day of school?

14. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa MMC Donor Louann Jeffries Award

I'm ambivalent ... I'm getting tired of the heat and humidity, but I'm not ready to give up long hours of daylight and no threat of ice and snow on the roads.

15. shrcpark

shrcpark Chestnut Roaster MMC Premiere Member MMC Member

Add me to freshmen class of 2022. My son starts in the fall and he does not even care. I will miss the slowness of the summer since the school year brings a lot of activities to our household. I'd like to see a change of pace and enjoy the slowness of summer roll into the swiftness of fall.