Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

"Ber "

Discussion in 'Christmas Talk' started by Nash, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Nash

Nash Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Yesssssssss finally here , the "Ber" months does anyone else get excited at this time of year whilst others are complaining about the end of summer (here in uk) , I myself love it when SeptermBER 1st comes

2. angelpugs

angelpugs Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

Loving it here leaves are changing and falling it's true beauty. 7930086_f5c0b.gif

3. *Vixen*

*Vixen* Reindeer Pooper Scooper Merry Forums Member

You will hear no complaining from me about the end of summer. I love when this time of year comes around!

ponytramp likes this.
  4. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

No complaints!

Can’t handle the summer heat, son’s bday is Sept. 1, and I’m getting ready to wrap!!

5. Solice

Solice Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

The bers - my favorite time of the year :rudy

6. JollyHeather

JollyHeather Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Great to see the BER's!
    The candles can burn again, soon the leaders start turning and the temp starts to drop! Love it!

7. ballcoach

ballcoach Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer

The best time of year....who cares if it is summer! I'm right there with ya!

vicki530 and Christmasplease like this.
  8. Nash

Glad to see we all getting a tad excited now lol

9. vicki530

vicki530 Mistletoe Hanger Merry Forums Member

Hey there, Nash! I'm a northern transplant to the southern USA, and let me tell you, I envy you. The heat and humidity here is downright killer. I look forward to the "Ber.." weather, no matter how minimal it may be here in the Fall and Winter months.

10. Nash

Morning Vicki , hope your well flower we have had quite warm start to the Ber months (Warm for UK anyway) but today (21.09.19 @05 39am) its chucking it down with Rain lol and people think im strange that in this day of global warming etc I long for my childhood seasons where Summer was hot , Autumn(fall) was colourful , spring was fresh and pleasant and winter was Dark and COLD , seems all seasons get mixed up theses day , often in one week

Christmasplease likes this.
  11. KimB

KimB Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I'm on the East coast of Florida. I enjoy this time of year because I can still swim in the heated pool and prepare for the holidays.

For me, Christmas is spiritual, fun, and a state of mind.

Christmasplease likes this.
  12. Nash

Our "ber" months have now turned a touch wet this year as we enter the second Ber but still with the odd unseasonal warm sunny day

13. Lynn68

Lynn68 Santa Clausologist MMC Lifer

It's literally the ber months already. Actually today is brrrrrr because we're being dumped on by 40-50 cm (15 - 19 inches) of snow. I was enjoying the brisk fall weather, so snow this early is depressing. Calgary is definitely not ready for this yet.

14. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

SNOW!!:eek:

15. angelpugs

angelpugs Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

Have to agree with Nash,here we have temps in the 30's one day then back up to about 80 and some days it can still be a bit humid it's been crazy weather here.It's been 33-36 in a few mornings then goes back up in temp during the day many here are still out walking in shorts as some days it can be humid then it will drop off again and now we're getting lots of rain.

16. Contented

Contented Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

I love the fall.I like putting soft blankets on the bed.Getting out my soup pot and making some delicious soups and stews.Going to Friday night football games with my husband down at our local high school.Setting on the front porch alittle more. Getting ready for Halloween then Thanksgiving and before you know it here comes wonderful Christmas.-merry-

Nash likes this.
  17. Nash

I love it at this time of year , yesterday we put clocks back an hour which means darker in evening which i like(people think im mad) but i know soom houses will be decorated and lights will be on looking great

*Vixen* likes this.
  18. *Vixen*

*Vixen* Reindeer Pooper Scooper Merry Forums Member

Same here. I also enjoy when it gets dark earlier. I enjoyed an extra hour of sleep too!

19. Petronius

Petronius Santa's Sleigh Designer Merry Forums Member

When September comes, my first cousins in Australia end up getting Spring.

sugar142286 likes this.
  20. Nash

Oh well just 9 months to go now good people till I can wax lyrical about the good old BER months

RadioJonD likes this.