Best Thanksgiving Movies

ElfBot

MMC Newshound
Oct 17, 2005
Thanksgiving movies do not represent a popular or broad niche — especially compared to Christmas or Halloween. But they do exist. Here are our top five:1. Planes, Trains and Automobiles — Director John Hughes built his reputation on a string of 1980s comedies such as Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club and, of course, this classic [...]

More...

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
In our house, we like to watch the Marx Brothers in "Horse Feathers"---because the plot hinges on a Thanksgiving Day football game between two colleges. (And because we enjoy the Marx Brothers.) ;-)

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Over the last few years we have started watching Son in Law (Pauly Shore) as a Thanksgiving movie. Takes place over Thanksgiving week. A couple years ago I found a very rare copy of Mouse on the Mayflower on DVD with the original commercials from the early 70's on it so that is in the rotation also.

Christmas-A-Holic

MMC Goodwill Ambassador
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Jun 21, 2009
Deep in the Heart of Texas!
I see the 2 I love to watch around Thanksgiving are on the list. Miracle on 34th Street and Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. Miracle on 34th Street is my favorite Thanksgiving/Christmas movie. The beginning of it kicking off with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I tend the watch that movie more around Thanksgiving than any of my other favorite Christmas movies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image