Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Cake for Christmas

Discussion in 'Christmas Food' started by Jamesfelix, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Jamesfelix

Jamesfelix Merry Forums Newbie MMC Member

I need help regarding the food items to be arranged for this Christmas. We are planning to order some chocolate bars from Giddy YoYo which is my daughter's favourite. I also need help regarding the cake to be prepared. We have also invited our near friends and relatives. Does anyone know how to prepare yummy chocolate cake?

Holiday and Christmasstar like this.
  2. Fire_Goddess

Fire_Goddess Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class MMC Premiere Member

I don't like chocolate cake, so unfortunately I can't really help with that but if you're interested I have an amazing gingerbread cake.

HollyJolly and Christmasstar like this.
  3. whychristmas

whychristmas Webmaster Partner, <a href="http://www.whychristma Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa MMC Partner

4. novelist

novelist Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer

I'm making a carrot cake from scratch for Christmas this year.

Fire_Goddess likes this.
  5. Fire_Goddess

Carrot cake is one of my favorites, as long as there are no raisins (I'm allergic). Homemade cakes are the best.

6. mommytotwo

mommytotwo Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

Anyone care to share their carrot cake recipe? I tried making it from scratch using a recipe that I found online, that was given by a popular t.v. chef. But when it was baking, it overflowed, and did not even bake. Didn't try it after that. But I do enjoy carrot cake, with a nice cream cheese frosting.

7. WintersElf

WintersElf Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Talk Alum

I love homemade carrot cake..but no recipe for a good one..no one other than me in my family like it.so i dont make it.

8. NcGunny

NcGunny Candycane Wrangler MMC Emeritus Member

My friends wife makes Tunis cakes. They come out almost like the Tasty Cakes with the sponge base a chocolate frosting. She gave us 2 last year and I ate 1 of them in one sitting..lol. So good!!!

9. Robert glenn

Robert glenn Christmas Fan MMC Member

I'm making a chocolate cake for Christmas this year, just for my little sister she really love to eat chocolate cake.

10. whychristmas

whychristmas Webmaster Partner, <a href="http://www.whychristma Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa MMC Partner

I love it!!!! They are pretty amazing :) Just the smell of them is something magical. Buttery chocolate goodness :)

11. WintersElf

WintersElf Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Talk Alum

yummy chocolate cake..i can eat it as long as its with a yellow cake base..i cant do too much chocolate like with frosting and cake.thats way over load for me...with some cute christmas decorations or candies on top would be great.

12. HollyJolly

HollyJolly Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa MMC Donor

I'm interested!!!

13. Fire_Goddess

HollyJolly can you send me a private message so that I will remember to send you the recipe. I'm at work now and don't have it with me. I also just got back from vacation, which is why I did not respond sooner. Sorry about that.

14. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

This is not just chocolate, but chocolate peanut butter...and it starts with a choc cake mix, not homemade. But it sure is a treat. Something only made for special occasions. Very rich!!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake

Cake:

1 devils food cake mix

1 box choc. fudge instant pudding

3 eggs

1 ¼ C. water

½ C. smooth peanut butter

½ c. vegetable oil

½ C. (9 oz.) semi-sweet choc. chips

Frosting:

½ C. butter or marg. Softened

1 C. smooth peanut butter

¾ C. whipping cream

1 T. vanilla

4 C. powdered sugar

6 T. cocoa

¾ C. chopped peanuts (opt.)

For cake:

Preheat oven to 350º. In large bowl combine cake mix, pudding, eggs, water, peanut butter, & oil. Using low speed mixer, beat until moistened. Increase speed of mixer to medium & beat 2 minutes longer. Stir in choc. chips. Pour batter into 2 greased 9” round cake pans. Bake 30-35 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of pan. Cool in pans 10 minutes & invert to wire rack to cool completely.

For Frosting:

Beat butter & peanut butter until smooth. Beat in cream & vanilla. Gradually add sugar & cocoa. Spread onto cakes, sprinkling peanuts between layers & on top & sides of cake. Store in air tight container to keep moist. 20 servings.

15. Contented

Contented Elf Choir Book Distributor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

It sounds wonderful!

16. Kerry Judge

Kerry Judge Christmas Fan MMC Member

Hi, I am searching for some new advice and designs.