Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Can't believe it's almost Halloween and Hallmark Christmas Movies will be starting soon....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Maebeary, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Maebeary

Maebeary Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

It seems like summer had just begun and now it's October. Rick and I took a cruise from New York to Maine and Canada and returned on the last day of September. The years seem to go by quicker and quicker. Last week, we passed a house with Christmas lights on. Rick made a comment about it. He grew up with one week of Christmas. The tree went up the week of Christmas and came down the next day or so. I grew up with the decorations coming out and the tree going up on the day after Thanksgiving. I still start decorating the day after Thanksgiving. I was never into the shopping. The tree goes up during the 1st full weekend of December. Sometimes, he surprises me and says, "Let's get the tree up!" earlier....but never in November. It's my favorite time of the year and I don't hesitate with listening to my music early. I have about 200 Christmas cds/tapes/records. Rick knows he can start hearing it at any point in November. I'm not really sure where I was going with this but that's okay. My health now makes decorating difficult but I still love doing it. Last year, not everything went up. I did what I could....it's my job. Oh well.....my goal is to come here a bit more often.

2. novelist

novelist Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

My husband and I are on the same page regarding decorating for Christmas, etc. We both enjoy it so much. I haven't played any Christmas cd's yet, I'm trying to hold off a little longer! LOL! I start watching Christmas movies on Hallmark as son as they are available. One week to go! I can't wait!

3. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

Looking so forward to Hallmark Christmas movies. It's still hard to believe it's this time of year!!!

sugar142286 and Minta like this.
  4. George Broderick Jr.

George Broderick Jr. Santa's Mentor MMC Lifer MMC Partner Christmas Crew

34 new ones... and don't forget the 14 new ones on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries! Plus, old favorites... Holy Holiday Binge Watching, Batman!

sugar142286, Minta and Maebeary like this.
  5. novelist

I love that we have two Hallmark Channels to choose from. So many good moves on both.

6. Maebeary

I know. I love that they have 2 channels showing Christmas movies. There were some really good ones last year.

7. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew

Glad to see you back more. I agree about time seeming to go quicker and quicker ... not a fan of that at all but I am excited about the new Hallmark Christmas movies.

Maebeary and sugar142286 like this.
  8. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer MMC Donor Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Talk Alum 2018 Ornament Exchanger Santa's Elf

I’m not sure if the Hallmark Christmas movies come on at the same time here in Ontario.

Maebeary and sugar142286 like this.
  9. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

When my husband and I first got together, we wasn’t big on the Christmas thing. It was a tradition in my home growing up, that we decorate Black Friday. I carried this on to my family as well. As the years go on and DH and I only get busier with our family and work schedule, we decorate earlier November and like to enjoy it more. None of decorations come down until the Epiphany, since in the Catholic Church, this is the official end of Christmas. We’re looking forward to playing Hallmark as well!

Maebeary likes this.
  10. Maebeary

Not only do the new movies start but 24 hour a day movies showings. I do think they are still showing Home and Family, though. I went through channel guide to record the new ones. I chose a few older ones, too....but I still have some recorded from 2 years ago when they started showing them commercial free. I only kept about 5 from 2 years ago but kept all of the commercial free ones from last year. Hubby has one movie recorded. Ooops....I promised him I'd leave him some room on the DVR. I give him 10%. lol

11. GhostOfChristmasPast

GhostOfChristmasPast Reindeer Pooper Scooper Merry Forums Member

I look forward to the Hallmark Christmas movies each season. Festive, subtle humor, even some romance. What more can ya want!

12. novelist

I have been enjoying movies these past three days on both hallmark Channels. Im looking forward to watching more today.