Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Celebrating Rudolph Eve/Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Meceka, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Meceka

Meceka MMC Associate Editor Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa MMC Donor Louann Jeffries Award

This year let's celebrate both Rudolph Day Eve and Rudolph Day so there will be twice the merriment! How are you going to celebrate? It will be such fun sharing what we do!

2. Meceka

Meceka MMC Associate Editor Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa MMC Donor Louann Jeffries Award

Today, I am going through the December issue of Food Network magazine looking for new dishes to make. So many of the dishes look good, it is going to be hard to narrow things down. :)

Minta and Holiday like this.
  3. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Christmasologist MMC Lifer

Tonight I am going to watch Christmas Inheritance on Netflix...it got good reviews from Holiday! :)

NovaMan, Meceka, Minta and 1 other person like this.
  4. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

♥ I hope you love it!! I have 15 minutes of it yet to watch!! I just can't seem to sit & watch the whole thing at one time!!! LOL!! I think it is SO good!!! Love the "Inn"!

Minta likes this.
  5. Holiday

Well, this doesn't sound very Christmassy, but today I took down the Christmas tree at work. (I can't believe my boss wasn't growling!!) And at lunch I also took down the Christmas tree in the sunroom! :( BUT a new tree is being delivered today & between tonight & tomorrow I'm going to decorate it for winter!! :D
    I also watched more of Christmas Inheritance & plan to finish after work!!

NovaMan, Meceka, Minta and 1 other person like this.
  6. Holiday

I should get my Food Network & TOH magazines out fro December too! Let us know what you decide to make!

Meceka and Minta like this.
  7. Maureen

Maureen Merry Forums Super Administrator Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa Louann Jeffries Award

I think I shall head to bed after walking the hounds and FINALLY read my BBC Good Food Magazine (Christmas Edition) which I got in November but still haven't had time to read!!!

Meceka, Minta and Holiday like this.
  8. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor Christmas Crew MMC Lifer

Haven't had much time to do anything today but hoping tomorrow to be able to go through a magazine or two.

Meceka and Holiday like this.
  9. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

Going to put on Rudolph!

Meceka, Minta and Holiday like this.
  10. RadioJonD

RadioJonD ♪♫Mistletoe Mix-ologist♫♪ Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa Christmas.com Alum Christmas Talk Alum

Happy January 2018 Rudolph Day!

I'm sure there are enough versions of Johnny Marks' "Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer" for three to five years worth of Rudolph Day listening without any repeats!
    Maybe we should post a YouTube each RD to see how many versions we can come up with. Shall we?

Certainly not to take away from this thread, but each Rudolph Day I try to remember to add new Christmas audio content to this thread. That's been my RD tradition for a few years.

Today, it's "Scratchy Grooves."

NovaMan, Meceka, Maureen and 5 others like this.
  11. Meceka

Merry Rudolph Day! Tonight I'm going to start watching "A Different Kind of Christmas" starring Shelley Long and Barry Bostwick.

Holiday and RadioJonD like this.
  12. NovaMan

NovaMan The Maritimes Christmas Ambassador MMC Premiere Member MMC Member

I am reading
    Cape Breton's Christmas: Book 2 — A Treasury of Stories and Memories

[​IMG]

Meceka and Holiday like this.
  13. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

I listened to my santa radio app!

Meceka, Holiday and NovaMan like this.
  14. Holiday

I have that on DVD. Haven't watched it for a long while. What did you think?

15. Meceka

I liked it. The overall theme of forgiveness and family at the end made it worth watching.

Holiday and NovaMan like this.
  16. Meceka

Two weeks and Rudolph Day will be here! Are you making plans? :)

Holiday, NovaMan and RadioJonD like this.
  17. Edge612

Kind of cool that the 2nd AND 3rd Rudolph Days will fall on weekends...actually the entire 24/25th will be Sat/Sun back to back months!

Holiday and SnowflakeMom like this.
  18. Meceka

That is cool!

Holiday and Edge612 like this.
  19. Meceka

One week to Rudolph Day! :)

Holiday likes this.
  20. Edge612

Yeah any big plans next weekend for the 2nd Rudolph Day 24th/25th weekend?

Holiday likes this.