Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Celebrating the Ber months

Discussion in 'Christmas Together' started by Festive Spirit, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

We made it full circle and now here we are, the first day of September and the start of our favourite time of year. Autumn's magic is in the air with a hint of all the wonderful Holidays that will soon follow. It's the season I love most like so many of you. For me, the arrival of fall is a new chapter, it's time to pause and take a breath, slow down and nest, celebrate harvest, prepare and plan for the Holidays. So much to look forward to with crisp air, changing and fallen leaves, Jack O Lanterns, apple cider, cosy evenings, Bonfires, family gatherings, twinkling Christmas Trees, sugar cookies, festive music and the first snowfall are only a few.

September opens the door to things to come, and I am excited and grateful to be back to the start again with you all. I wish each of you a happy, healthy and magical final quarter of 2018 or as we say 'The Bers'. May the season and the holidays be everything you want it to be.

Please feel free to join in the chat and share your own Ber related topics!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  2. Festive Spirit

[​IMG]

3. Festive Spirit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  4. Festive Spirit

[​IMG]

Holiday, aleighanne, Minta and 4 others like this.
  5. snowflake22

snowflake22 *Harlowe's Mom* MMC Lifer Louann Jeffries Award

I agree with everything you said, Autumn Magic is in the air!
    It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!!

Merry ‘Bers!!!

C230B826-A194-4F92-BC2E-3EECC7FAED2B.jpeg EC5BF7AE-8142-4A01-A42F-8F868BFF97A4.jpeg

Holiday, aleighanne, Minta and 3 others like this.
  6. snowflake22

snowflake22 *Harlowe's Mom* MMC Lifer Louann Jeffries Award

76003DFA-4300-4044-A6B7-A2F17DDA67A7.jpeg 71F5DA2F-4004-4710-B372-008650CD148B.jpeg

Holiday, aleighanne, Minta and 4 others like this.
  7. Festive Spirit

Amen!
    And it wouldn't be the the same without you guys!!

Holiday, aleighanne, Minta and 2 others like this.
  8. ballcoach

ballcoach Elf Choir Book Distributor MMC Lifer

Happy September 1!!!

Holiday, aleighanne, Minta and 3 others like this.
  9. Ornamentmaven

Ornamentmaven Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger 2018 Ornament Exchanger

Welcome to the "Bers"! Just love these months leading up to Christmas day! Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas shopping, decorating, and celebrating! I also get to celebrate my birthday and anniversary. The very best time of year!

10. Festive Spirit

Happy September Coach! Have a great season!

11. Festive Spirit

Even better you get to celebrate even more special occasions!!

12. Festive Spirit

[​IMG]

13. Festive Spirit

What is your weather like? Has fall arrived early? Is summer still holding on? Can you feel a shift in seasons?

Around mid August we had signs of autumn with a major cool down. This weekend saw a drastic rise in temperature and this warmth is predicted to stay for a few weeks in the lower 20s (C) along with dry and pleasant days.

I can see the beginning of change in leaf colour here and there but nothing drastic yet. What about you ???

[​IMG]

14. angelpugs

angelpugs Christmasologist MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum 2018 Ornament Exchanger

It looks like fall here many trees are changing,leaves are falling,and already doing fall baking and craft making,such excitement here. ac9cfb2787b9547e46e5e9e335d3ee2a.jpg

15. 'Tis the season

'Tis the season Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer MMC Donor

Yeah the 'bers have arrived!! Autumn bulb planting one of my favourite early autumn rituals is on the cards this week.

16. XmasDreams

XmasDreams North Pole Network Help MMC Lifer MMC Donor ATC Alum Christmas Crew

The temps here in TN forgot that the Bers started. THis coming week will be mid to high 90's with temps feels like 100. some trees did change here, but atlas it was more like dry and not from the temps changing.

Holiday and Festive Spirit like this.
  17. Ornamentmaven

Ornamentmaven Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger 2018 Ornament Exchanger

Still pretty warm here in Northeast PA. Will be in the low 90's this week. Leaves not changing color yet, but we do have one huge tree - still green to the eye - but has started dropping yellow leaves - I hate raking!

18. XmasDreams

XmasDreams North Pole Network Help MMC Lifer MMC Donor ATC Alum Christmas Crew

Run them over with lawnmower and mulch the grass for free :)

Holiday, shrcpark and Festive Spirit like this.
  19. Festive Spirit

That is a good idea. What do you plant?

Holiday likes this.
  20. Festive Spirit

We are supposed to have a warm week here too but not hot like you so I'm happy about ours. I can imagine you are anxious for a cool down- it won't feel like fall unless it does right!

Holiday and XmasDreams like this.