Christmas card exchange

Fire_Goddess

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Premiere Member
Nov 9, 2015
Canada
Any tips for sending out cards? It's my first year participating. How many cards does everyone send out?

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Any tips for sending out cards? It's my first year participating. How many cards does everyone send out?
There are no rules for how many, really. Send as few or as many as you please. Postage is a hardship for some, so they choose a few to send to; others send to everyone on the list. The point is to enjoy sending and receiving them!

GingerMel

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Nov 1, 2006
Clinton, CT
I try to send them to everyone on the list. In the years when I haven't had the money/time, I did not participate. One year my solution to that was that I sent cards to everyone who sent me a card. That way, if someone sent me a card they would definitely get one in return but I didn't spend the money to send them to every single person on there. Like I said though, I try my best to send them to everyone on the list.

JollyHeather

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Sep 11, 2015
Netherlands
I always send to the whole list and i make my own cards but that's only to have an excuse (i not really need) to do something Christmassy from summer on. :ornarment

Fire_Goddess

Premiere Member
Nov 9, 2015
Canada
Homemade cards are nice. I look forward to getting yours. I bought some cards this week, sadly I don't have time to make any.

Reactions: MsRose

Head Elf

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Jul 8, 2007
N.E. Arizona
I send to everyone on the list, but I understand those that can't afford the postage. I make my cards all year long, and enjoy this part most....

Fire_Goddess

Premiere Member
Nov 9, 2015
Canada
Sadly Canadian postage is expensive, especially outside the US and Canada. For the US, what is the cost of an international stamp (for example to Europe)?

Fire_Goddess

Premiere Member
Nov 9, 2015
Canada
How many cards to you usually receive?

Fire_Goddess

Premiere Member
Nov 9, 2015
Canada
For the US, an international stamp is $1.10 - considering how far it could travel, not too bad of a deal!
That's not bad. $1.10 US ($1.46 CAD). An international stamp in Canada is $2.50.

GingerMel

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Nov 1, 2006
Clinton, CT
In previous years, the number of international stamps I had to buy was like 13-14 maybe, so I would always go ahead and send them to all the international addresses even though they cost a little more than a dollar apiece. I think it's super awesome to receive cards from other countries. I love it personally so if I can do that for someone else, I will.

Fire_Goddess

Premiere Member
Nov 9, 2015
Canada
In previous years, the number of international stamps I had to buy was like 13-14 maybe, so I would always go ahead and send them to all the international addresses even though they cost a little more than a dollar apiece. I think it's super awesome to receive cards from other countries. I love it personally so if I can do that for someone else, I will.
That is understandable. I like getting mail from other countries too. I'll just have to wait and see what the budget is like. :snow:

JollyHeather

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Sep 11, 2015
Netherlands
I love sending cards so i send world wide. Do understand that it can run in high numbers. Just do what you can and enjoy receiving those who can...

WintersElf

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Premiere Member
Christmas Talk Alum
Jul 31, 2015
WinterWonderland -Florida
I think i got in over my head this year....i signed up for all of here..everyone..then i have my actual family,,friends,,penlpals...my facebook CT friends...and THE ANGEL PROJECT and our program too...i think its heading over 200 people or more.....i spent a ton on stamps...and still need more..i think next year ill stick to one...hahaha i didnt realize the international ones are way exspensive...i feel bad for all yall over seas who have to buy for all us USA peeps....but ill be happy to recieve lots of cards i hope...

Reactions: K.G. and MsRose

Fire_Goddess

Premiere Member
Nov 9, 2015
Canada
I found some old stamps today, which works out perfectly for international cards, because I can use 1 old stamp and 1 current local stamp to make the right amount needed to send a card abroad. They are 2010 Vancouver Olympic stamps :) but I only have 5 :(

JollyHeather

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Sep 11, 2015
Netherlands
I think i got in over my head this year....i signed up for all of here..everyone..then i have my actual family,,friends,,penlpals...my facebook CT friends...and THE ANGEL PROJECT and our program too...i think its heading over 200 people or more.....i spent a ton on stamps...and still need more..i think next year ill stick to one...hahaha i didnt realize the international ones are way exspensive...i feel bad for all yall over seas who have to buy for all us USA peeps....but ill be happy to recieve lots of cards i hope...
No worries there! I just love to do this and see the card doors getting more and more like favourite doors in the house! Thank you for sending to this side of the pond as well!

Reactions: K.G. and MsRose

JollyHeather

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Sep 11, 2015
Netherlands
I found some old stamps today, which works out perfectly for international cards, because I can use 1 old stamp and 1 current local stamp to make the right amount needed to send a card abroad. They are 2010 Vancouver Olympic stamps :) but I only have 5 :(
Oh wow! Now there are some special stamps!