Christmas card exchange

MsRose

Christmas Card Fanatic
MMC Donor
MMC Member
Aug 2, 2015
Somewhere Over The Rainbow USA
I can totally relate to winters elf
Over the many years I've been doing Christmas cards, I start sorting them in July.
I had already made some major commitments, with a few charities that I've been with for years
With that said, this being my first year on the MMC exchange…
I opted for just US list.
I have lots of family and friends in Europe so I'm already in deep with postage. LOL
With that said anyone who sends me a card internationally I will send them a card as well XO
I'm hoping that next year Jeff will consider an option, to check off…
Will send to those who send to me.
I really hated marking off that I will not send it to the whole list.
And because this was my first year I had no idea how many international people would sign up.
Some Christmas card exchanges can have up to 100 or 200 people internationally and that could be expensive commitment for me.:)

Fire_Goddess

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Premiere Member
Nov 9, 2015
Canada
Over the many years I've been doing Christmas cards, I start sorting them in July.
I had already made some major commitments, with a few charities that I've been with for years
I have lots of family and friends in Europe so I'm already in deep with postage. LOL
With that said anyone who sends me a card internationally I will send them a card as well XO
And because this was my first year I had no idea how many international people would sign up.
Some Christmas card exchanges can have up to 100 or 200 people internationally and that could be expensive commitment for me.:)
It's the same for me. I'll send to all Canadians because it's the cheapest for postage, and I have enough stamps for 5 international cards (non-US). After I've sent out those, I'll see if I want to send out more.

Reactions: K.G. and MsRose

K.G.

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 25, 2015
malta
Since no else is from my country everyone is 'international' for me but still I am sending a card to everyone here...in fact I have already written most from the list Jeff sent us and posted the ones who want their card in November. I have been buying stamps all year round so that I won't get a big shock but I will have to buy more soon anyway.
I am also doing another exchange this year in which 260 people signed up but I don't know if I will be able to send a card to everyone over there...if I did I think that would be around 400 cards this year! It would be quite a record. I hope to receive a nice amount back, even if not from everyone it doesn't matter.

WintersElf

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Premiere Member
Christmas Talk Alum
Jul 31, 2015
WinterWonderland -Florida
i did half the international list...then ran out of stamps...so i will finish that list as soon as i get more international stamps..hopeing in the next few days...the mail will pick up tomorrow the ones i did today which is actually most of them..i still need like 8 more stamps..plus regular stamps.about more books of those...

JollyHeather

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Sep 11, 2015
Netherlands
yup :)

I also found some old Christmas stamps, but I don't think that I can use them.
Funny, the past few years i have used all sorts off old stamps for local mail. Some of them where even over 15 years old. And they where delivered because i used the right amount. Had to do some calculations from guilders to euro first though. :rolleyes:

JollyHeather

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Sep 11, 2015
Netherlands
It's the same for me. I'll send to all Canadians because it's the cheapest for postage, and I have enough stamps for 5 international cards (non-US). After I've sent out those, I'll see if I want to send out more.
It's for me also just for 2 other people in the Netherlands so i decided to send to all but do understand the costs can go sky high. For me it can also be an option to send a digital card to me if that helps. The e-mail address is on the list. Sure i love the cards on my card door but i also love the love of thinking of each other. ::surprise

Fire_Goddess

Premiere Member
Nov 9, 2015
Canada
It's for me also just for 2 other people in the Netherlands so i decided to send to all but do understand the costs can go sky high. For me it can also be an option to send a digital card to me if that helps. The e-mail address is on the list. Sure i love the cards on my card door but i also love the love of thinking of each other. ::surprise
Thanks for the offer, but I've already picked out who I'm sending cards to. It was a relatively random selection. I'll be sending you a card in the mail. Lets face it, it's just more fun :)

Fire_Goddess

Premiere Member
Nov 9, 2015
Canada
Me too and same here!
This is my first Christmas card exchange with everyone here on the Merry Forums and I am looking forward to it. Bring it on!
It's my first exchange as well and I'm getting excited.

Funny, the past few years i have used all sorts off old stamps for local mail. Some of them where even over 15 years old. And they where delivered because i used the right amount. Had to do some calculations from guilders to euro first though. :rolleyes:
I know that that I can use them, but because of the value, it's a bit more tricky. The value is too high for sending to the US (I don't really want to waste money).

JollyHeather

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Sep 11, 2015
Netherlands
Thanks for the offer, but I've already picked out who I'm sending cards to. It was a relatively random selection. I'll be sending you a card in the mail. Lets face it, it's just more fun :)
True in the post is more fun!
And I'll be looking forward to see your card coming!
;)

JollyHeather

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Sep 11, 2015
Netherlands
It's my first exchange as well and I'm getting excited.

I know that that I can use them, but because of the value, it's a bit more tricky. The value is too high for sending to the US (I don't really want to waste money).
Good thinking!

Reactions: MsRose

JollyHeather

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Sep 11, 2015
Netherlands
I have put all my cards ready to finish tomorrow. Than i can do the final writing and can sort them so people will get then around their preferred time. Then all i need to do is get the stamps! :jump

Fire_Goddess

Premiere Member
Nov 9, 2015
Canada
I have put all my cards ready to finish tomorrow. Than i can do the final writing and can sort them so people will get then around their preferred time. Then all i need to do is get the stamps! :jump
How do you know people's preferred times?

Reactions: MsRose

JollyHeather

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Sep 11, 2015
Netherlands
How do you know people's preferred times?
It's in the first list in one of the column at the and. It's after the address and how many years people participated. The options are "November", "early December" or "just before Christmas".

Fire_Goddess

Premiere Member
Nov 9, 2015
Canada
It's in the first list in one of the column at the and. It's after the address and how many years people participated. The options are "November", "early December" or "just before Christmas".
Thanks. I did not notice that the excel spreadsheet was that wide. I see it now.