Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Christmas Cards

Discussion in 'Traditions & Memories' started by Christy Carol, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Christy Carol

Christy Carol Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer

Do you send them...I mean by snailmail? I still love sending Christmas cards!! With stamps being as expensive and email being so much more handy it doesnt seem like people send them like they used to but I still send mine every year regardless.

This year I am gonna make photo cards to send. We went Saturday to PetSmart and bought our pooch a cute little outfit to wear!! I havent decided what I am gonna use as a backdrop yet but I am gonna set up some of my animated decorations around her. Needless to say she is less than thrilled at this adventure...you should have seen her in the store. She was trying to hide behind BF's legs and we caused quite a crowd of people ooh'ing and ahh'ing over her and me in hysterical laughter. This might be interesting. I will post the picture I use if and when this takes place.

2. Ervserver

Ervserver Guest

yup I make cards and send them snail mail. I think it's a tradition that is becoming extinct however

3. mrshamm

mrshamm MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

I always send cards by snail mail. I think we're also doing photo cards this year with either a family pic or just a pic of the kids because I'm camera shy (I haven't lost the baby weight from either kid yet...50 from Xander and 30 from Triniti...So, I don't want ANY photos snapped of me.)

A lot of people in our family send them out but overall it does seem like the tradition is nearly dead.

4. Ervserver

Ervserver Guest

GOSH do you suppose anyone send Christmas cards via email ! I've not had that happen to me yet.

5. mrshamm

I get all kinds of them. Mostly from our college friends or old high school friends.

6. sheepsnot

sheepsnot Guest

I do it all the time, though it does seem like I'm taking the easy way out. It actually takes longer than signing a real card and putting it in an envelope, but doesn't have the same feel.

7. ChristmasAngel84

ChristmasAngel84 Twinkle Light Checker Merry Forums Member

We send out Christmas cards the old-fashion way here!

:cool:

8. joyful

joyful MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

Yes I send christmas cards through the post office. Christmas only comes once a year and many times that is the only contact I have with some people.

If people would realize how much a card means to some, especially the elderly. We use to minister in Nursing and Personal Care Homes and we always gave out Christmas cards to the people, they loved it. In their day receiving a Christmas card in the mail was a special event and they still love to receive cards.

I enjoy receiving so I send.

:D

9. ChristmasFanatic

ChristmasFanatic Tinsel Straightener Merry Forums Member

We send out a bunch, not as many as some folks I'm sure, but enough that my hand cramps, since I seem to be the one to fill 'em out and address them! My tradition is to put on, White Christmas and watch that as I fill out the cards.

I could kill myself, we purchased a couple of boxes of cards, last year, after Christmas and do you think I can find them? I may have packed them away with the Christmas decorations, but in the mean time, we purchased a couple of more boxes. :eek:

10. megarrick

megarrick Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

My family still sends out Christmas cards through snail-mail. It brings so much joy and Christmas spirit to our house seeing our bookshelf full of beautiful cards from friends and family.

:eek:

11. silver bells

silver bells Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

I still send Christmas cards. I had gotten into the tradition of sending Anne Geddes Christmas cards but in the last few years, I've been unable to find them. I also used to add a Christmas letter but that just got to be too much so I don't do that anymore.

12. mrshfromjersey

mrshfromjersey MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

I still love to send out Christmas cards. I send some email cards on top of the paper cards because some of them are really funny.

13. Ervserver

Ervserver Guest

Does everyone save their Christmas cards they get? I think my grandma has thousands of em

14. megarrick

megarrick Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

we do. we have a 2 drawer oak filing cabinet and 1 drawer is dedicated to old christmas cards

[​IMG]

15. Christy Carol

Christy Carol Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer

I used to, stopped and then started saving them again last Christmas.

16. Ervserver

Ervserver Guest

I would like to as I feel guilty throwing them out but on the other hand they would pile up.

17. TwinkleLights25

TwinkleLights25 MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

I enjoy writing up Christmas cards for people. Mom works at a Photo place, so she got my hubby & I 40 cards for us. She used a couple different pictures from our wedding. Prob. won't be giving 40 cards though, and some will be mailed, some will be given in person, and its good to have extras just in case.

18. mrshamm

we save all of the photo cards and all of the ones that have really nice messages. .00000000000000000000

19. mrshamm

we save all of the photo cards and all of the ones that have really nice messages.

20. ChristmasAngel84

ChristmasAngel84 Twinkle Light Checker Merry Forums Member

We save all our cards every year! :grin: