Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Christmas Cards

Discussion in 'Traditions & Memories' started by novelist, Nov 19, 2016.

1. novelist

novelist Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

What kind of Christmas Cards do you like to send? I tend to go towards traditional cards, outdoor scenes, with snow, skaters, churches, houses beautifully decorated, etc. This year, the two style cards I'm sending, are snowmen and the other is a Christmas stocking.

Holiday and MsRose like this.
  2. MsRose

MsRose Christmas Card Fanatic MMC Donor Merry Forums Member

I always start buying my Christmas cards December 26 for the following year.
    So I have a huge variety , I tend to stay away from religious ones or ones with too much glitter !

Holiday likes this.
  3. sugarmuffin25

sugarmuffin25 Christmas Fanatic Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger

I don't have a specific kind I buy, but I do find that I buy too many! So, I keep a list every year of who gets which card and that way I can still use the cards I have but I make sure no one gets a repeat! My mom thinks I'm crazy for doing that but I love writing Christmas cards so much that it doesn't bother me! I just finished all of mine the other day and now the stack is waiting to be sent!

4. WintersElf

WintersElf Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Talk Alum

i have tons of different ones...i do however love glittered ones or i glitter them myself.snowy ones for sure.

5. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger 2018 Ornament Exchanger

The ones with a message about Jesus' birth.

Holiday likes this.
  6. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

I would agree with all of the above! And sometimes we do picture cards w/ the dog! :)

7. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer MMC Donor Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Talk Alum 2018 Ornament Exchanger Santa's Elf

I love ones about or with:

- Jesus’ birth
    - indoor decorated homes
    - outdoor decorated homes
    - Christmas gifts
    - glitter
    - Santa
    - animals in snow
    - decorated streets
    - winter wonderlands
    - fresh fallen snow with evergreens
    - snow globes

Holiday likes this.
  8. Ornamentmaven

Ornamentmaven Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger 2018 Ornament Exchanger

Whatever strikes my fancy at the moment!

shrcpark and Holiday like this.
  9. WintersElf

WintersElf Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Talk Alum

Usually I love to do my own snowy glitter ones..but seems ast few years ive been bummed out since lost my dad and older brother moved to another state.so its been sad here...I do like the outdoors snowy scenes..church scenes.santas and kids playing with pets and snow...

sugarmuffin25 likes this.
  10. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger 2018 Ornament Exchanger

I LOVE Christmas cards. I love to receive them all the time.

sugarmuffin25 likes this.
  11. Maebeary

Maebeary Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

There was a time when I only bought ones with a teddy bear. I've grown out of that somewhat......but I will buy them if I see them.

Christmasplease likes this.
  12. WintersElf

I really like santas and outdoor snowy scenes..and churches.

novelist likes this.
  13. RavenHardt

RavenHardt Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger 2018 Ornament Exchanger

I love funny ones personally

14. amypep

amypep Merry Forums Newbie Merry Forums Member

We dress the kid and the dog up as characters from Christmas movies and make cards out of the pictures. They've been The Grinch and Max, Heat Meiser and Cold Meiser, Scrooge and the ghosts of Christmas and Ralphie and Randy from A Christmas Story so far.

15. angelpugs

angelpugs Christmasologist MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum 2018 Ornament Exchanger

I love those with country,snowy scenes cards with trees,snowmen,churches,anything country-vintage white snowy scenes.

novelist likes this.