Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Christmas Commercials 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Festive Spirit, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

Christmas commercials are all over our screens now here in the UK and the wait for the biggest one is over. Some of you will know how excited we get over the John Lewis advert every year.

I post it every year so here it is ....

Please post your favourites! I love seeing adverts from all over the world.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    Martine, GingerMel, made582 and 3 others like this.
  2. snowflake22

snowflake22 *Harlowe's Mom* MMC Lifer Louann Jeffries Award

I always enjoy seeing you post the new holiday John Lewis advertisement~
    Thank you, Sam!!

Festive Spirit and e_xander like this.
  3. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

My pleasure! I look forward to sharing the adverts with you all every year!

snowflake22 likes this.
  4. VictoriaLT

VictoriaLT Christmasologist MMC Lifer

Now THIS is the best Christmas ad I have seen in a long time!

I should probably say that it is too bad it was banned for being "too political" but what I really want to say is that I am not surprised by this at all. We live in the age when people are manipulated by mass media, and politicians want us to keep it that way. This ad is the visual representation of capitalism. There is no such thing as "too political".

Politicians though have probably forgotten that there is a thing called social media. They may have banned the ad on television but people are still spreading the message on SM sites because people THINK for themselves and they CARE.

I am an environmentalist and I have been looking into environmental impacts of industrial agriculture for years, and it makes me super mad when every attempt by food giants like "Iceland Foods" or other private businesses to address long-term issues are taken down by politicians who think short-term and the only thing they are truly concerned about is how to make it safely to the next election.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  5. GingerMel

GingerMel Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger

Good grief. Both of these ads are very powerful. That orangutan one is very painful to watch but amazing. Thanks for posting these, you guys.

6. GhostOfChristmasPast

GhostOfChristmasPast Twinkle Light Checker Merry Forums Member

my favorite one so far is the hubs buys himself and his wife new trucks for Christmas and she likes the one intended for him better