Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Christmas Countdown - 2020

Discussion in 'Christmas Countdown' started by Crown 84, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Martine

Martine Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Good Friday midday and Happy Valentine’s Day! It is a beautiful sunny day here but so COLD. I am working the afternoon/evening shift today so David and I will enjoy a nice meal together tomorrow night, when he will make his most delicious lasagna.

Yesterday I was doing my dad’s taxes and he was so sad that his eyesight was too poor for him to do it by himself. He has done his own taxes for the past 50 years. And he taught me how to do mine, though nowadays I do it online. I told him next year he can get back to it after his cataract surgery. Trying to encourage him the best I can.

Hope your day will be filled with love and joy!

2. Bradmac

Bradmac It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! MMC Lifer

I concede. You win!!

3. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Happy Valentine's Day y'all. Today is subs for dinner with the family. Have a great day everyone.

4. Yuletide Junkie

Yuletide Junkie Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer MMC Donor MMC Premiere Member

Listening to air personalities and sports broadcasts will make your English language correct ear itch no end. If you axe me, you win some you loose some.:p

5. Yuletide Junkie

We're down to three lit neighborhood houses...Just 12 days until they morph from Christmas to Lenten lights.;)

6. Yuletide Junkie

"HO - HO!"
    - Santa from the "Christmas Sweeper 3" video game. :)

7. Yuletide Junkie

Were they Lou Malnati's?:)

HomemakinGirl likes this.
  8. Yuletide Junkie

A reheated Davanni's Works pizza is on tap for our Valentine's Day dinner.:)

9. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

Thanks Crown! Happy Valentine's Day!

10. sugarmuffin25

sugarmuffin25 Christmas Fanatic Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Actually they are Geno's! I have eaten at Geno's and Giordanos. Lou Malnati's is the one I haven't been to yet but I have heard they are the best! I will have to make it back to Chicago and try them though before I pay to have them delivered to me!

11. AuntieMistletoeDear

AuntieMistletoeDear MMC Hostess of Christmas Online MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

Thank you.

HomemakinGirl and sugarmuffin25 like this.
  12. AuntieMistletoeDear

AuntieMistletoeDear MMC Hostess of Christmas Online MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

Cute Valentine Elf, there.

13. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Hazard of the profession. Happily, we watch very little sports and mostly news on the radio. And even news radio is guilty of some errors.

Don't get the idea I'm one of these militants out to change the world with a red pen. The ones who get the red pen are those I'm paid to proofread. And that's strictly according to the rulebook, not my personal preferences. When I'm not being paid for my services, it is what it is. I don't mark up errant public signs with Sharpies. I wince and move on.

14. Meceka

Meceka MMC Associate Editor MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

You're welcome, HmG! xx

15. Meceka

Meceka MMC Associate Editor MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Merry Friday and Happy Valentine's Day!

16. DecemberisComing

DecemberisComing Eggnog Chugger Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Happy Valentine's Day and enjoy your Friday night

17. Reindeer Herder

Reindeer Herder Twinkle Light Checker Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Happy Valentine's Day Everybody!

My wife and I went out for an early steak dinner and now we're just enjoying a quiet evening without the kids. Sometimes, the simple times are the best.

18. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

Happy Middle Day of February MMC! It's the weekend! And it's cold out. It's 9 degrees. Yeah that's cold. But it's Saturday and the sun is about to come up soon. That's a plus for sure. My favorite day of the week. Have a great Middle Day of February!

19. HomemakinGirl

HomemakinGirl North Pole Domestic Goddess MMC Lifer

Happy Saturday MMC ~
    It’s chilly out there this morning, we’re currently at 15 degrees and will have a high of 30 today. I’m heading out in a little while to do some food shopping. Lunch plans and shopping with my girls. And my husband and I have plans to go out for dinner tonight. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful weekend!
    xx

20. SolidSnake84

SolidSnake84 Twinkle Light Checker Merry Forums Member

Happy Saturday morning! Past the half way mark on the month now, isn't that great! Last night and this morning was winter's last stand, IMO. 12 degrees out there right now but will rapidly warm up after sunrise, with a high today of around 40. Tomorrow is 50, and every day next week close to 50 or in the 50's except for Thursday. Presently the forecast for next weekend has us near 60 both Saturday and Sunday. Yay!

I love mowing Grass and doing yard work, etc., and in fact part of my March routine is getting all of the lawn and garden equipment ready for the coming season. I maintain and repair four riding lawn mowers, three push mowers, two weed-eaters, as well as two ATV's and a Ford 9n Farm Tractor. Oh yeah, we take grass seriously!

Have a great Saturday, hope to be on here again tomorrow :)