AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Tinsel tastic Thursday to you all, hope your all doing ok, or as well as you can be right now. Well 266 days to go and the question we all want answered is this.
Is it so much fun to ride on a one horse open sleigh? I just don't know, Jingle Bells say it is so who am I to argue. Take care all.
Well, having been on three sleigh rides and two hay rides, I see yes; it is so much fun to ride on a one horse open sleigh - but we had two pulling us.

Binger

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
Wow. Less than a month and under the 200 day window. Time passes. But I’m beginning to wonder if the world will be back to normal by fall. I heard a report today that said we could be in this till thanksgiving. Not yabba. Not at all.

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Good morning MMC friends...Hope everyone is all well today..Its Friday!!!....Best day of the week...Its a bright and sunny day here today but still mighty chilly...Forecast is for it to warm up over the weekend...Going to get the gals ready soon to go for a long walk since we didnt get out yesterday...Enjoy your day ahead MMC friends:)

SolidSnake84

Chestnut Roaster
MMC Member
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Happy to reach the end of our first very long week. My gut instincts tells me that next week will feel long as well, culminating in Good Friday, and Easter Sunday. Then week 3 of April will start to feel back to a normal pace as we start to see light at the end of this very long tunnel.

In somewhat of a good sign (I guess) our local drive-in theater has announced that they have been in contact with the governor's office and public health officials, and are planning on re-opening between the end of this month, and the beginning of May. Likewise, other local events that were suspended early last month now have tentative dates from very end of April to Mid May. I realize that this virus thing won't be "over" then, but its nice to see at least our town / county taking the "baby steps" to safely and gradually re-open.

And speaking of other good news, we are only 1 day away from hitting the 150 days till September 1st milestone. I know we aren't supposed to wish our lives away, but the coming approach of the 'bers and our magical holiday season is a beacon of hope right now. Hopefully we are well on our way to complete recovery by then. Happy Friday to all, talk to you soon!

Edge612

Christmas Royalty
Premiere Member
Oct 7, 2011
Happy April Showers Bring May Flowers! Do they really? Well I hope so because it looks like we could have a decent amount of showers next week. And we have some today. The weekend looks ok but maybe not a ton of sun. But not much if any rain expected. Have a great April Showers Bring May Flowers!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Wow. Less than a month and under the 200 day window. Time passes. But I’m beginning to wonder if the world will be back to normal by fall. I heard a report today that said we could be in this till thanksgiving. Not yabba. Not at all.
I have been laid off and as of Wednesday would have received my 30 vacation days, plus 4 or 5 carried over; that's 35 vacation days that are supposed to be used by the end of March 2021. Since the income is reduced because of our workplace closing down; they can't afford to pay us out so they will have to carry anything unused to a second tier of vacation like I experienced last year when I had to take 20 days from a previous year (their HR error).

I'm trying to find the silver lining - while I can't use my vacation days the way I planned them, if this keeps going I will have a huge amount of days to take next year, but with everyone in the same boat, they will likely give us two years to take it.

Sure hope it's all over by the end of July so we can enjoy at least one month of summer.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Friday - the weekend is here - for most of it - nothing changes.

Everybody's Working for the Weekend - well, not everybody

It hardly feels like Good Friday to me.

I don't have any fish so I guess I'll have to cook up some jumbo coconut shrimp for dinner.

Got a small ham and some cream corn that I'll have on Sunday with Idaho style potatoes.

A dusting of green pollen is decorating the trees and cars.

No special plans for today.

Do what you can to make the day special +c stay jolly!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Friday - the weekend is here - for most of it - nothing changes.

Everybody's Working for the Weekend - well, not everybody

It hardly feels like Good Friday to me.

I don't have any fish so I guess I'll have to cook up some jumbo coconut shrimp for dinner.

Got a small ham and some cream corn that I'll have on Sunday with Idaho style potatoes.

A dusting of green pollen is decorating the trees and cars.

No special plans for today.

Do what you can to make the day special +c stay jolly!
EEEEK! I'm a week ahead of myself. I begin my slow decent into madness ... if that's true, I hope it's more like Ebenezer's happy crazy.

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Well there is another possible case of COVID-19 at the residence where my husband works. The person will undergo testing, so it’s wait and see yet again. The first case didn’t yield a positive result that we know of, so here’s hoping for the same in this case. Everyone at the residence got a bonus this pay period, to keep them motivated to work, which is much appreciated.
I just wish everyone to remain safe and healthy, residents and workers.
I hope it is negative
a lady in our church tested positive, she is a lab tech at the hospital. She is not to sick and is isolated at home with her hubby

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Eve Arrivers.

And we have indeed arrived once again at Weekend Eve, ready for that little oasis that is Saturday and Sunday.
Of course for many, with lost work, the weekend is just like any other day. Here's hoping for a expeditious end to this nasty health issue.

Of course, nothing stops the count. It is not fired, laid off or furloughed. It is always dependably there.
Days to the Season: 224
Days to Christmas Day: 266

And nothing stops the arrival of our Milestones, either.
In just 23 days, three weeks from the day after tomorrow, we reach the 1/3 point to Christmas day. And the following day, the 200-Day Season Window will open.
Lots happening toward month's end, Guys!

Quite pleasant indeed here for early April.
Nice and sunny yesterday. No rain fell and temps were in the 60's with calm winds.
Today we are predicted to reach an even 70, again with lots of sun.
This last day before the weekend dawns here at 48 degrees.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends.
Keep safe and have fun!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
EEEEK! I'm a week ahead of myself. I begin my slow decent into madness ... if that's true, I hope it's more like Ebenezer's happy crazy.

Isn't that a great performance? One of my favorite moments in that version.

Iteachpercussion

Sugar Cookie Tester
Santa's Elf
Premiere Member
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Hello and Happy Friday all!

The weather is sooooo wonderful today. Nice and sunny, currently 60 degrees and only going to warm up a few more degrees today. Perhaps I will go out in the backyard and clean some stuff up.

Other than that, just a "normal" day of quarantine. Students are still mostly doing a decent job of getting things done. From some of the parents I have heard from, they are more frustrated than anything with the news that schools are closed at least through May 1. I still do not think we will be back at all this year, but who knows.

Overall, I have to say, I am enjoying being at home. I am a true introvert and try to social distance all of the time. LOL That is why I am so tired after a day of school. It truly takes everything I have to deal with that many people all day. Also, I want to teach online college courses, so this is great practice and experience for doing that.

I hope everyone has a great day! If it is nice where you are, try to get out and enjoy the sunshine, it can really help the overall mood.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
TGIF, Christmas friends!

It's crazy around work today. We're trying to get as much of the office remodel finished and furniture delivered before the governor shuts everything down. I've got three contractors coming to me at once with questions.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

HomemakinGirl

North Pole Domestic Goddess
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good afternoon ~
It’s raining here today, I’m waiting for it to stop so I can take the dogs for a walk. I went to CVS and the butcher earlier, I’ll go to the supermarket tomorrow morning to do the rest of my food shopping. Just working on the laundry and watching the news right now. I didn’t sleep well last night so I might lay down for a little bit. I hope everyone is having a nice day so far.
xx