MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Merry Friday!

Worked outside a bit picking up twigs and branches, pulling weeds, and planting spinach, basil, and parsley. I also cut the bottoms off two vinegar jugs to make mini greenhouses. There are two more jugs I can cut but my allergy symptoms were getting worse so I called it a day. When I get the jugs all cut, I'm going to plant pepper seeds.

Not much else going on here.

Have a safe, healthy, and blessed day!

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Premiere Member
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Good morning MMC friends...Hope everyone is all well today..Its Friday!!!....Best day of the week...Its a bright and sunny day here today but still mighty chilly...Forecast is for it to warm up over the weekend...Going to get the gals ready soon to go for a long walk since we didnt get out yesterday...Enjoy your day ahead MMC friends:)
Lunchtime: 27F with raging snow flurries...This coming Tuesday: near 70F...April in Minnesota.:D

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Isn't that a great performance? One of my favorite moments in that version.
YES! My dad used to try and act it out with the same giddiness, but he didn't quite pull it off.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Freckles came for a visit a few times already today. I see she is quite a bit thinner than she was two weeks ago; guessing she laid her eggs.

Saw my first woodpecker since February. A couple of chickadees and sparrows also visited the feeders.

Using my binoculars, I could see the tiniest buds starting on the lilac tree.

O'Malley called me "mama" instead of "maw" today. So cute. When he calls me "mama" I can't resist and he winds up with either food or treats. When he calls me "maw", I agree with him. "Yup! I'm your ma!"

I gave him a few olives so he can chillax. Sometimes he rests on the carpet or his old bed, but most of the time he keeps to his big bed that is two inches off the ground and then just moves around it off and on during the day so eventually he has taken up pretty much the whole mattress by my bedtime.

Malley chillaxing.jpg

Enjoy the rest of your night.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
My father's wife passed away late yesterday afternoon. Her eldest daughter, and I, weren't surprised. The only day she was close to right, while I visited, was last Thursday. Friday through Tuesday she barely ate, complaining she felt like she couldn't keep it down.

The physician's assistant checked her out, Wednesday, took a blood sample, and stated everything looked normal. She took her afternoon nap and never awakened.

I've known her all my life. She has been a strong mentor. She and my father had a wonderful 43 year adventure together. Not too shabby for a pair of people on their second marriage. :)
So sorry for you and your families loss, Yuletide Junkie.

KimB

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Member
Premiere Member
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
Today it hit 72 and was sunny and breezy. I walked around for about 10 minutes just to breathe in the ocean air. Every park and the beach closed at 12 am today for one month. I think the golf course that wraps around my condo must have closed as well. I saw a few people on it this morning but I suspect they were residents of my condo and just couldn't resist.

Edge612

Christmas Royalty
Premiere Member
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Eve Arrivers.

And we have indeed arrived once again at Weekend Eve, ready for that little oasis that is Saturday and Sunday.
Of course for many, with lost work, the weekend is just like any other day. Here's hoping for a expeditious end to this nasty health issue.

Of course, nothing stops the count. It is not fired, laid off or furloughed. It is always dependably there.
Days to the Season: 224
Days to Christmas Day: 266

And nothing stops the arrival of our Milestones, either.
In just 23 days, three weeks from the day after tomorrow, we reach the 1/3 point to Christmas day. And the following day, the 200-Day Season Window will open.
Lots happening toward month's end, Guys!

Quite pleasant indeed here for early April.
Nice and sunny yesterday. No rain fell and temps were in the 60's with calm winds.
Today we are predicted to reach an even 70, again with lots of sun.
This last day before the weekend dawns here at 48 degrees.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends.
Keep safe and have fun!
Thanks Crown! Happy April Showers Bring May Flowers!

xmastidings

Santa's Mentor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Previously Maryland, now Connecticut

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Good Morning MMC !

Going to that crazy place called a grocery store to work today.
I had a dear lady last time I was in telling me she was praying for my protection.
Gave me Psalm 91 to read.

LittleCS has been ordered by the doctor to self-isolate. She has a fever and sinus infection. Doc does not think it is covid19 but rightfully so is taking no chances. I wish they would test her then we could know for sure. She does not live with me so we here are ok

Well, need to get ready, hope you are all well and have a great day !

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I had a better sleep last night; went to bed at 10:30 and got to sleep within 45 minutes. Old memories roaming through my mind.

I was thinking about a girl I knew in High School whom others thought was a snob and quite popular with the boys (she was three years older - finishing some subjects to get her diploma). We were table mates in art class and I used to have a huge crush on her younger brother (who was my age).

We got comfortable with each other and I discovered that she was actually a loner (age difference with the other students might have had something to do with it). She wasn't dating on the weekend like some students predicted and she wasn't the least bit snobbish. A few people said she had been sent away to have an abortion that's why she didn't finish high school. One friend suggested I not hang around her or I'd get a bad reputation. Really?

I always tried to overt gossip and not judge others by appearances. I'm glad I didn't cave where she was concerned.

As I got to know her and was invited to her place a few times, I found out that she was off school for operations on her hip and had also battled leukemia which caused her to fall behind in her education. She was too sick and sore to concentrate on school work and back then, they wouldn't give your work to do from home for more than a few months. I'm glad I stirred away from the gossip and rumours because she didn't seem to have any friends. They were the only people I knew at the time with security cameras and buzzers. It was a middle class neighbourhood.

I just reached out to her on FB to see how she's doing. I guess I wonder about people who self-isolate by choice and hope she has more than her family to connect with - it appears she got married recently, but hasn't been active for a while so I'll see how it goes.

Her brother was a figure skater; he was one of two boys my friend and I tied up with skipping ropes (they didn't really fight us off) to take turns kissing them.

My mom came downstairs and then hurried back up. One of the boys said, "I think your mom saw us." I was hoping it was my cousin who lived with us; she was eleven years older than me and 11 years younger than my mom. I went upstairs to check and my mom was standing in the kitchen.

Calmly she turned to me and said, "Untie the boys and I'll make lunch for everyone." Kraft Dinner and Weiner Happy Faces!

I don't know how she kept a straight face. We were only 10 years old. HaHa - if that happened today, we could have received a visit from the police for unlawful confinement. HeeHee.

Amazing how my mind twists and turns just from a song that I heard in my head that was a hit back in '82.

Keep merry thoughts of people you've encountered in your head.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good Morning MMC !

Going to that crazy place called a grocery store to work today.
I had a dear lady last time I was in telling me she was praying for my protection.
Gave me Psalm 91 to read.

LittleCS has been ordered by the doctor to self-isolate. She has a fever and sinus infection. Doc does not think it is covid19 but rightfully so is taking no chances. I wish they would test her then we could know for sure. She does not live with me so we here are ok

Well, need to get ready, hope you are all well and have a great day !

Hoping she will be fine; I have a few friends that have to isolate more than others because of asthma and other health risks like a friend whose son has CF.

Careful out there on the front lines.