Christmas Countdown - 2020

SolidSnake84

Chestnut Roaster
MMC Member
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Happy Saturday, and Happy 150 DAYS UNTIL THE BERs'.

I was excited all week waiting for this milestone, as earlier in the week i had the hope that by fall, things were improving and looking better. But now we have the news that Dr. Fauci is advising the president to keep America locked down until there are no new daily deaths or infections from the virus. So that timeline says years, not months.

Locally, my Hobby Lobby has now closed for good. I will always remember the fun times i had there, and how happy they made me by being able to go out this time of the year and start looking for Christmas stuff. For the 6 years we had that store, it let me see Christmas stuff for 8 months out of the year, and I will always be grateful.

There's just really no more news to be had. I like many people, are trying to figure out the new reality we live in where for years to come, there will be no "life", no jobs, no leisure. I'm sure the government will figure out some way to pay unemployment for 300+ million people for the next several years.

I hope that God is with you all and your families.

Reindeer Herder

Chestnut Roaster
MMC Member
Premiere Member
Sep 17, 2019
Maryland
Be careful out there everybody but in the process - Live Life! It goes on, a bit curtailed, but still a beautiful world out there. The air is cleaner, as are the waters, the skies are clearer, and things are a bit quieter. You have time for your families, your pets, your chores and long put off projects (yeah fellas -those!) Pick up a phone and call those friends and relatives you haven't spoken with in a while. Notice I said "call" ! Shoot, you could even pick up a pen and write someone - when was the last time you received or sent a real letter? To some of the younger folks, a "letter" is something you write with your own hand using a pen (fountain preferred!) - think text that you do on paper in ink.

Live it, Love it, Feel it - Life is too precious to waste even (maybe even more so) in these times.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning.

Let's welcome the weekend in style by way of a fresh look at the numbers.

Days to the Season: 223
Days to Christmas Day: 265

Can we now be only twenty-two days off from the 1/3 Milestone to Christmas Day 2020?
Yes, we can!
And can we be only 23 days short of the 200-Day Season Window?
Again, yes we can!
Back-to-back binary markers coming our way prior to the end of this month.
Be here!

A truly nice day here yesterday. Everything was in place: Temps in the 70's, low humidity, lots of sun, no rain, gentle breezes, no mosquitoes yet and a reduced pollen count. Add in the cheery birds singing, and it was near picture-perfect.
(Stands in stark contrast to Mother Nature's cruel virus joke.)
This first weekend morning begins here in the capital city at 49 degrees.

Have a Sensationally Safe Saturday, Everyone!

ballcoach

Santa Clausologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Happy Saturday morning, friends! Hope you are well and waking up to a sunny Saturday morning. It is cloudy here, but the sun is supposed to pop out later. I sure hope so. I've been looking forward to today since Monday.

Hard to believe in a little over 3 weeks, we will see our first 100 day count. So much fun happens in the 200 counts...it makes me excited to think about it. The joys of summer....

Minta

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Good Morning .. Sitting here enjoying my coffee and listening to Christmas music. A local radio station played Christmas Music all day on April and it was such a hit with the listeners that they are playing Christmas Music all weekend now. My son has his bedroom radio on to listening to it too. I plan on making cookies later today, trying a new recipe. Here is the link to the radio station so you can enjoy it too.
https://www.radio.com/b101philly/listen

Have a great day!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning all and Happy Saturday! I'm getting caught up here, but still several days behind. My first day back to work was insane, which of course, why would it be any other way? I'm feel well though, thank goodness. Unfortunately though, my mom, who had her appendix out, several weeks ago, hasn't been and I knew something was wrong with her. I had been encouraging to go back to the doctors, since she was still off work. She had her follow-up appointment with the surgeon, but he felt everything was still okay. This past Monday, she had lost a total of 10 lbs and she said her pain was worse than when before they took her appendix out, so I forced her to call my best friend, who is a nurse practitioner and our family medical provider and she order a CT scan. My mom had a huge pelvic abscess, which is seen in about 20% of all ruptured appendix cases. I think the surgeons thought nothing was still wrong, because her blood work and temperature was okay, but you've got to sometimes look and listen to the patient too. Anyway, she has been in the hospital since this past Monday. They surgically inserted a drain, to drain out the abscess. She's getting IV antibiotics and pain medications when she needs them, since she is also uncomfortable too. I feel so bad for her. She's been through so much. On top of all else - I worry about this virus and pray she doesn't catch that while she's in there, but know it's the best place for her right now. The surgeon said she'll be there until at least Monday.

Anyway, I've had some long days at work. 14+ hours. I've had several COVID exposures, daily and just taking the best care and precautions that I can.

Hope you're all well and know that I'm thinking of all you! This situation remains to be a tough one, but know that God will help see us all through! Prayers for each and everyone one of you and your families. Have a great day everyone!

Last edited:

Iteachpercussion

Sugar Cookie Tester
Santa's Elf
Premiere Member
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Good Morning .. Sitting here enjoying my coffee and listening to Christmas music. A local radio station played Christmas Music all day on April and it was such a hit with the listeners that they are playing Christmas Music all weekend now. My son has his bedroom radio on to listening to it too. I plan on making cookies later today, trying a new recipe. Here is the link to the radio station so you can enjoy it too.

Have a great day!
Thanks for the link! That is great.

Iteachpercussion

Sugar Cookie Tester
Santa's Elf
Premiere Member
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Good morning all!

Another nice day outside, though not as sunny, it will be in the 60s again. Rain moves in this evening, but still a nice day to be outside.
The only downside to the nice weather is everything is growing and making my allergies go crazy.

Not too much on the agenda for today. I need to do some lesson planning and videos for school.

One of many hobbies is miniature war gaming. I have a large collection of 1/72 scale Civil War soldiers I have painted and based over the last several years. Well, I have not had much time to paint any more, but I have a lot of figures to paint. So, yesterday with the weather being so nice, I prepared over 200 figures for painting. They are now primed and ready to go.
Along with Civil War miniatures, I also play the electric football game, you know the one where the field vibrates and the players move around on the field. Well, I also paint my own teams for that as well. I currently have 3 teams painted, and enough figures for 2 more teams. So, I primed them as well so I can spend some time painting them up. All of that should keep me busy for awhile.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Martine

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good morning all and Happy Saturday! I'm getting caught up here, but still several days behind. My first day back to work was insane, which of course, why would it be any other way? I'm feel well though, thank goodness. Unfortunately though, my mom, who had her appendix now, several weeks ago, hasn't been and I knew something was wrong with her. I had been encouraging to go back to the doctors, since she was still off work. She had her follow-up appointment with the surgeon, but he felt everything was still okay. This past Monday, she had lost a total of 10 lbs and she said her pain was worse than when before they took her appendix out, so I forced her to call my best friend, who is a nurse practitioner and our family medical provider and she order a CT scan. My mom had a huge pelvic abscess, which is seen in about 20% of all ruptured appendix cases. I think the surgeons thought nothing was still wrong, because her blood work and temperature was okay, but you've got to sometimes look and listen to the patient too. Anyway, she has been in the hospital since this past Monday. They surgically inserted a drain, to drain out the abscess. She's getting IV antibiotics and pain medications when she needs them, since she is also uncomfortable too. I feel so bad for her. She's been through so much. On top of all else - I worry about this virus and pray she doesn't catch that while she's in there, but know it's the best place for her right now. The surgeon said she'll be there until at least Monday.

Anyway, I've had some long days at work. 14+ hours. I've had several COVID exposures, daily and just taking the best care and precautions the I can.

Hope you're all well and know that I'm thinking of all you! This situation remains to be a tough one, but know that God will help see us all through! Prayers for each and everyone one of you and your families. Have a great day everyone!
sugar, your mother is lucky to have you insisting that she see someone else regarding the pain she was experiencing. Hoping for a quick recovery for her.

And stay safe as you work hard to keep everyone in good health.

DecemberisComing

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Member
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Good morning all and Happy Saturday! I'm getting caught up here, but still several days behind. My first day back to work was insane, which of course, why would it be any other way? I'm feel well though, thank goodness. Unfortunately though, my mom, who had her appendix now, several weeks ago, hasn't been and I knew something was wrong with her. I had been encouraging to go back to the doctors, since she was still off work. She had her follow-up appointment with the surgeon, but he felt everything was still okay. This past Monday, she had lost a total of 10 lbs and she said her pain was worse than when before they took her appendix out, so I forced her to call my best friend, who is a nurse practitioner and our family medical provider and she order a CT scan. My mom had a huge pelvic abscess, which is seen in about 20% of all ruptured appendix cases. I think the surgeons thought nothing was still wrong, because her blood work and temperature was okay, but you've got to sometimes look and listen to the patient too. Anyway, she has been in the hospital since this past Monday. They surgically inserted a drain, to drain out the abscess. She's getting IV antibiotics and pain medications when she needs them, since she is also uncomfortable too. I feel so bad for her. She's been through so much. On top of all else - I worry about this virus and pray she doesn't catch that while she's in there, but know it's the best place for her right now. The surgeon said she'll be there until at least Monday.

Anyway, I've had some long days at work. 14+ hours. I've had several COVID exposures, daily and just taking the best care and precautions the I can.

Prayers for your mom and for you.

He_Is_Born

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jul 13, 2016
Elkridge Maryland

Anyway, I've had some long days at work. 14+ hours. I've had several COVID exposures, daily and just taking the best care and precautions that I can.

Prayers going up for your MOM. Prayers and thanks to you and everyone in the medical profession who are staring at this menace up close daily. You are in my thoughts constantly.

Last edited:

Iteachpercussion

Sugar Cookie Tester
Santa's Elf
Premiere Member
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH

Have a great day!
That radio station is playing a really nice selection of music! Mostly standards, but several that you do not hear on the radio very often.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
you should be allowed to make trips to the grocery store. Next time you go pick up a couple bags and randomly start hiding them all over your apartment. Actually I think I am going to start doing that in my kids room. Each day while they are either sleeping or doing school work I am going to hide a reese egg in their room.
What a great idea! I love this!

e_xander

Executive Producer, Tracking Santa
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
www.kringleradio.com
The university I work at is going to minimal staffing starting next week. Which means that I’m working every other week til May 1st for now. They have given us workers 272 hours of emergency paid leave to cover staying home for COVID from March 17 through May 1 so I’ll be able to use that for my weeks off. I’ve also been put on furlough at the radio station for a max of 90 days, but I could come back sooner if I’m needed. Our numbers continue to rise here in West Central Wisconsin, but up to this point, it hasn’t hit anyone I know, thank the Lord!

On a more positive note, when doing our weekly grocery run, I found this at the store!
80F7D0F7-F2DF-4E89-8F4E-D583B6E11E03.jpeg

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Hey Sugar. I’ve had kidney stones for years. I usually pass them but did end up in the ER back in July ( I drove myself. Fastest 5 miles ever —). Dr there said to increase my calcium citrate. It’s over the counter Vitamin. It’s been helping. Good luck sorry. Been there. Ouch. Not yabba.
Thanks for the info, Binger. My doctor has me taking Mag Oxide right now. Several people have suggested to me about the calcium as well, but unfortunately, I have to hold off on that right now, until I find out what type of stones as I am having. I have to do a 24-hour urine study at the end of May. They think my medication I’m on mine for my seizure disorder is causing this and usually those are calcium stones, so I don't then in turn want to add more calcium to my body, but for most people, the calcium does work. Thanks for the info though - I'm glad it is helping you! Stones are the worst!

Last edited:

Edge612

Christmas Royalty
Premiere Member
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning.

Let's welcome the weekend in style by way of a fresh look at the numbers.

Days to the Season: 223
Days to Christmas Day: 265

Can we now be only twenty-two days off from the 1/3 Milestone to Christmas Day 2020?
Yes, we can!
And can we be only 23 days short of the 200-Day Season Window?
Again, yes we can!
Back-to-back binary markers coming our way prior to the end of this month.
Be here!

A truly nice day here yesterday. Everything was in place: Temps in the 70's, low humidity, lots of sun, no rain, gentle breezes, no mosquitoes yet and a reduced pollen count. Add in the cheery birds singing, and it was near picture-perfect.
(Stands in stark contrast to Mother Nature's cruel virus joke.)
This first weekend morning begins here in the capital city at 49 degrees.

Have a Sensationally Safe Saturday, Everyone!
Thanks Crown! Happy April Weekend!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Good morning all!

Another nice day outside, though not as sunny, it will be in the 60s again. Rain moves in this evening, but still a nice day to be outside.
The only downside to the nice weather is everything is growing and making my allergies go crazy.

Not too much on the agenda for today. I need to do some lesson planning and videos for school.

One of many hobbies is miniature war gaming. I have a large collection of 1/72 scale Civil War soldiers I have painted and based over the last several years. Well, I have not had much time to paint any more, but I have a lot of figures to paint. So, yesterday with the weather being so nice, I prepared over 200 figures for painting. They are now primed and ready to go.
Along with Civil War miniatures, I also play the electric football game, you know the one where the field vibrates and the players move around on the field. Well, I also paint my own teams for that as well. I currently have 3 teams painted, and enough figures for 2 more teams. So, I primed them as well so I can spend some time painting them up. All of that should keep me busy for awhile.

Everyone have a wonderful day!
Just curious---do you reenact actual battles with your figures, or make up new possibilities?

I knew someone years ago who molded and painted the little figurines. She sent me a tiny Stan Laurel and a tiny Oliver Hardy that I still treasure. Plus, they appeared in a couple movies as French Legionnaires, so she sent me figures of them in Legionnaire uniforms!

I have a wee bit of envy for those who have more free time. My workdays are loaded and, if anything, longer than usual, so there's actually less time for me to spend time on personal projects, other than crochet in the evenings after work.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA