Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Christmas creep at Nordstrom?

Discussion in 'Christmas Talk' started by NutcrackerGeek, Nov 11, 2019.

1. NutcrackerGeek

NutcrackerGeek Twinkle Light Checker Merry Forums Member

Nordstrom is famous for not putting up any Christmas stuff until the day after Thanksgiving.

However, I went there yesterday and noticed they had these green-with-snowflakes signs shaped like Christmas ornaments hanging from the ceiling, and those signs had some stuff about getting gifts on them.

Then, outside the entrance to the mall there were these big signs in the windows that said something like, "We haven't decked the halls yet, but ..." and then said something else about getting gifts (I forget exactly).

So I think Nordstrom is finally giving in to the early Christmas phenomenon. On the one hand I admired their tenacity for not giving in to the fad, but on the other hand, I think it's funny it looks like the are finally giving in to the fad, at least a little.

Anybody else notice this at their local Nordstrom (if you have one near you)?

2. Jeff Westover

Jeff Westover Chief Santa Tracker MMC Founder Santa's Elf Kringle Radio DJ

Snobs. Hypocrites. Always have been, always will be. Never will get my money

Griz and christmasjingles like this.
  3. Dudley

Dudley Santa Clausologist Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Used to shop a lot at Nordstroms. Been a while now.

4. Reindeer Herder

Reindeer Herder Mistletoe Hanger Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

They haven't caught that "creep" yet?

5. NutcrackerGeek

NutcrackerGeek Twinkle Light Checker Merry Forums Member

As I said, they are famous for resisting putting up any Christmas stuff until Black Friday. But this year it looks like they started cheating a bit.