Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Event Christmas in July

Discussion in 'My Merry Christmas HQ' started by Jeff Westover, May 29, 2017.

1. Jeff Westover

Jeff Westover Chief Santa Tracker Christmas Crew Christmas Card Exchange 2017 MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa Christmas.com Alum MMC Founder Christmas Talk Alum

Christmas in July will be SO HUGE this year...we have to begin announcing some of it in the month of June!

Why? Because we have several new events planned for Christmas in July and some of them may require some prep time so that all can participate in what they want.

Tonight we launched our Christmas in July page....and it gives you a peek at a few details:

Guest Bloggers on My Merry Christmas
    Show Us Your Santa
    The Christmas Meme Contest

Details on these...AND...so many events for July are coming soon.

So keep your eye on this thread and watch for the announcements. Most will be held back for July -- but some will have to announced, linked and planned for in June.

2. XmasDreams

XmasDreams Rudolph's Groomer MMC Lifer MMC Donor

looking forwarded to this like every year.

3. Solice

Solice Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

4. Contented

Contented Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

I'll be watching.

Minta, Holiday and XmasDreams like this.
  5. xmasfan95

xmasfan95 Reindeer Pooper Scooper MMC Member

My parents never did put the Christmas movies back into storage after December ended last year, because they've been busy rearranging things in the house. I've got my fingers crossed that the movies will still be sitting in the TV room once July comes, and I'll have an excuse to watch them in front of the family.

6. ballcoach

ballcoach Chestnut Roaster MMC Lifer

Can't wait!!!

Ryan, XmasDreams, Minta and 2 others like this.
  7. Christmasstar

Christmasstar one Crazy Canadian ! MMC Lifer

also because it is Canada's 150th birthday !!!

Ryan, Holiday, XmasDreams and 3 others like this.
  8. Jeff Westover

Jeff Westover Chief Santa Tracker Christmas Crew Christmas Card Exchange 2017 MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa Christmas.com Alum MMC Founder Christmas Talk Alum

Oh...well...of course. That goes without saying...

9. Jeff Westover

Our Christmas in July page is up....and that means the announcements for next month start soon. Get a sneak peek here.

10. brandocash

brandocash Merry Christmas in Maryland MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa

So much going on this year!! Love it all!

11. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer

Love CIJ .. Site looks great!

Ryan, Holiday and XmasDreams like this.
  12. gleslie

gleslie Merry Forums Newbie MMC Member

So exciting! Its my husband's birthday too!

13. XmasDreams

XmasDreams Rudolph's Groomer MMC Lifer MMC Donor

happy pre-birthday to him as well

Ryan and Holiday like this.
  14. Jeff Westover

[​IMG]

Ok! Time for our first official Christmas in July event announcement.

We're looking for guest bloggers on My Merry Christmas.

We have a select list of Christmas topics we're dying to hear YOU talk about. We there are more than enough Christmas experts here to talk on these things and we want to feature them during Christmas in July and beyond.

Click here to throw your hat into the ring!

15. Jeff Westover

[​IMG]

Are you brave enough to show us your picture with Santa...from when you were a kid?

Click right here and send it in and tell us the story of it (my own picture is on that link).

Imagine how much fun it will be to see everyone on the Merry Forums as kid...with Santa!

We're going to feature them during our Christmas in July. So send it in Today!

16. Jeff Westover

[​IMG]

Are you witty? Sarcastic? Are you an observer of the modern condition? A commentator on our twisted world? A die-hard Christmas fanatic who sees Christmas in everything?

This contest is for you!

We're looking for a few good memes. Let's get our heads together and give the world 12 Christmas memes this year they won't forget.

What's a meme, you ask? Click here to read about it and to participate. We have all month of July to knock this out!

Ryan and Holiday like this.
  17. Jeff Westover

[​IMG]

As part of day one of Christmas in July we kicked it all off with highlights from Tracking Santa on Christmas Eve. This great tradition is unique to My Merry Christmas and much of it comes from within our own ranks here. Can you recognize all the voices...or guess who they are?

It is fun and funny -- and a great way to kick off the season!

Click here to listen.

18. Maureen

Maureen Merry Forums Super Administrator Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa Louann Jeffries Award

[​IMG]

Come one, come all to the annual MMC Christmas in July E-Card Exchange (pretty much annual anyway - life happened last year and I dropped the snowball o_O) !!!!! So.....
    How it works is you PM me your email address (PM is very important as that way you aren't sharing your private details on a public forum!) On July 23rd, I shall email everybody who has signed up a list of the email addresses of the others who have signed up (with me so far?!). You then send Christmas e-cards to all on your list. Simple!!!
    All cards must be received on July 25th. There are loads of sites out there that do free e-cards so have fun in choosing.
    You know that feeling at Christmas when you find all the cards in your mailbox??? You get exactly the same feeling when you open your inbox (check your junk folder too in case you don't see the cards in your inbox)!!!!!
    It's really fun and kickstarts your Christmas creep (although if you're reading this, you really don't need a kickstart, do you?!!)

:snowhappy

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2017
    Ryan, Holiday and Jeff Westover like this.
  19. Jeff Westover

[​IMG]

Where do you find Christmas online? (Besides at My Merry Christmas). We're looking to know of new places, new websites, new apps, new social media channels where Christmas is celebrated. We want to connect with new folks we can interview for our features, newsletters and podcasts.

We're all about bringing the world together for Christmas. Can you think of a better activity for Christmas in July?

Click here to participate.

Ryan and DoYouHearWhatIHear like this.
  20. Jeff Westover

[​IMG]

You don't have to wait until December to give. And you just might get something out of this deal as well. Be Santa in July!

Ryan and Ali like this.