Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Christmas Light Count: Anyone Else Do This?

Discussion in 'Traditions & Memories' started by xmas365, Jan 8, 2010.

1. xmas365

xmas365 Wants to build the second castle on the left MMC Lifer

When I drive home from work at night I count the houses that still have there Christmas lights on. Last night I counted 34 houses (including mine) that still had there lights on and that was after 10pm, I also counted 6 trees lit up in windows.
    It just warms me up when I see all those up, and it is only a 12 mile trip.
    :treeguy:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  2. Undrtakr

Undrtakr MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

I dont count them but I love to see them still up and on! Our house still has ours on.

3. Christmas-A-Holic

Christmas-A-Holic MMC Goodwill Ambassador MMC Lifer MMC Donor Christmas Crew Santa's Elf

34 houses? That's great! I love seeing them still lit up too but I never counted them. I shall do that next time I am out.

4. pattilynn

pattilynn Twinkle Light Checker Merry Forums Member

that's quite a few! My community didn't seem to have alot this year. we've never had outside lights. just never happened. I enjoy looking at them though! :)

5. Annette1990

Annette1990 MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

That's alot of houses...I still have my lights up but not on. My tree came down last night. :tree:

4 people like this.
  6. sprinkleshouse

sprinkleshouse MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

Oh, I love doing that! The family that lives behind me keep Christmas lights strung above their back porch and they keep them on until the end of January. Whenever I sit at my computer and look out of my window I see them and it always makes me smile! Christmas lights always make a house look so happy!:)

3 people like this.
  7. ChristmasRose

ChristmasRose MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

What a great idea...! I've been counting them on the street where we live. We're down to ONE this evening. I'm actually glad it's not our home, it's the house across the street from ours -- perfect viewing for us...! :merry:

3 people like this.
  8. momnan30

momnan30 MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

I don't actually count them, but I always look for them. It makes me feel good to see that some people actually "get it" that the Christmas season doesn't end December 25th!

3 people like this.
  9. Snow-in-Texas

Snow-in-Texas Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer MMC Emeritus Member

Last night when I drove home I only saw one house with lights still up. I get off of work at 9:00 PM so it is plenty dark.

3 people like this.
  10. made582

made582 MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole MMC Lifer Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Crew Santa's Elf

There are still 3 apartments on my street that turn their lights on every night. We were supposed to have them down last weekend according to the rules for the apartment complex but they never enforce that rule.

3 people like this.
  11. judesmama

judesmama ...and Noel's mama, too! MMC Lifer Christmas Crew

I don't count but I do see if I can find any blocks with NO lights! My neighborhood is pretty hardcore with every holiday so I was really pleased to see so many decorations still up today!

3 people like this.
  12. xmas365

just want to give an update on my counting Sat (Jan 9)night I counted 37 houses Tues night 27 houses, Wed night 25 houses. Most of the lights remaining are candles in the window. but there are still some trees up.

:yahoo:

3 people like this.
  13. whychristmas

whychristmas Webmaster Partner, <a href="http://www.whychristma MMC Lifer MMC Emeritus Member MMC Partner

On Christmas Evening we took our cousin who were staying with us for a tour of the local 'ho ho houses'. Great fun!

3 people like this.
  14. xmas365

Well I think this will be the last update on this thread for this year
    I only counted 12 houses last night. :sad: Pretty good or bad however you want to see it I guess considering it was Jan. 21
    I look forward to November when the counting starts again. cheesy

3 people like this.
  15. Jolly Old Elf Mary

Jolly Old Elf Mary Tinsel Straightener Merry Forums Member

It's March 21 and we still have "one" house with there outside Christmas lights up! I love it!!! :)

2 people like this.
  16. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew

Drove past a house on the way to my daughters school the other day and they had animated Santa and Mrs. Claus dolls, garland with redbows and candy canes in their front porch window.

2 people like this.
  17. Bradmac

Bradmac It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger

Heck, I still have icicle lights up on my carport. And they're still on, too! cheesy

2 people like this.
  18. Christmas24/7

Christmas24/7 Snowman Engineer MMC Lifer

I know this deviates from the thread but we can stretch it, right? I am in charge of girls camp for our youth group from church and we are doing a "Christmas in June" theme. People will probably think we are crazy, but I think it's going to be awesome. We are looking at putting up battery operated Christmas lights on at least one of the trees at camp. For the banner in front of our camp, we are hanging stockings, with all the girls' names on them, and we will just hang them on a clothes line between trees. We hit the after Christmas sales and found Christmas candy/trinkets to put in the stockings every morning. We also got big red Christmas ribbons to hang on each tent and the big plastic candy canes to put on the path leading to our campsite. So, if you can't count houses with Christmas lights, look for our campsite in June. :) I was excited to find adorable ornaments that are black bears wearing Santa hats...perfect for our theme. I also found "Santa in the summer" ornaments where Santa is in swim trunks, surfing, sitting under a beach umbrella, etc. I think the girls are going to love it. My goal is to convince people that enjoying Christmas year round doesn't make me crazy.... but enjoying the Christmas spirit year round is a good thing. :) :) :) I think I can say that safely on this group.cheesy

3 people like this.
  19. made582

made582 MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole MMC Lifer Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Crew Santa's Elf

There is still one apartment in my complex that has icile lights up and turned on every night.

2 people like this.
  20. xmas365

I drive by a house every night that still has there window candles on, they have like 15 windows in the front, it is still so beautiful and makes me feel Christmas right around the corner