Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Christmas Shopping

Discussion in 'Christmas Together' started by Christmasplease, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Santa Clausologist MMC Lifer MMC Donor Christmas Talk Alum

im buying my first Christmas gift next week. Has anyone started Christmas shopping yet?

Holiday and XmasDreams like this.
  2. ballcoach

ballcoach Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class MMC Lifer

That's awesome! I wish I knew what was going to be big at Christmas so I could purchase it for my little ones.

Good for you on the early start. I know there are a few people I have seen in the last month post that they bought their first gift. Who is it going to be for?

3. Christmasplease

I know what you mean. I have three kids and I would purchase what they asked for in October and it would change by November. It’s for my granddaughter. Something “crafty” from Michaels! I’ll get more closer to Christmas.

4. XmasDreams

XmasDreams Rudolph's Groomer Christmas Crew MMC Lifer MMC Donor ATC Alum

Each year try and get a few things here and there for most of the year. The things that you know are needed and easly something as it get closer and forgotten.

Holiday likes this.
  5. Ornamentmaven

Ornamentmaven Snowman Engineer MMC Premiere Member MMC Member

Nothing yet this year, but generally I try to buy things throughout the year so that I am done and wrapped by Halloween!

6. Christmasplease

Good idea!

7. XmasDreams

XmasDreams Rudolph's Groomer Christmas Crew MMC Lifer MMC Donor ATC Alum

Aye, thanks. plus if it isn't what you need by the end of the year you can donate it to shelter or someone in need.

Holiday likes this.
  8. Christmasplease

Ahhhh! Very smart, and “giving back” at the same time!

9. Christmasplease

Have to purchase two videogames for my son. One for birthday and one for Christmas. I suppose I should get them as soon as they come out because they’ll be gone weeks before Christmas.

10. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor Christmas Crew MMC Lifer

We have several gifts tucked away already especially for the kids.

Christmasplease likes this.
  11. shrcpark

shrcpark Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class MMC Premiere Member MMC Member

We start and finish all Christmas shopping on Black Friday eve and Black Friday. It's been a Christmas tradition for many years and I really enjoying surfing the net with Hubbs.

12. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

I saw something for my youngest the other day that was on special so I bought it and put away.

13. Christmasplease

I’ll be buying socks and some of the small gifts the kids want every year. Nice body washes, bubble baths. I’m watching Bath and Bodyworks’ sales.

14. nmc42088

nmc42088 Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer

I am pretty much done shopping for Carolina. She really wants a barbie dream house so with Toys R Us closing I was able to get that and few barbies to give at christmas. It is hard because her birthday is in October so now I need to shop for that

15. WintersElf

WintersElf Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Talk Alum

yes I have picked up a few smaller gifts..but really have not started.and proly wont until Dec 3rd...

16. Christmasplease

Picked up some toys for the pets!