Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Christmas Shops Opens In Cornwall

Discussion in 'Christmas Around the World' started by Festive Spirit, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

The following article was taken from yesterday 's Metro

http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/21/christmas-shop-opens-up-in-cornwall-in-the-middle-of-summer-3891740/

Christmas shop opens up in Cornwall in the middle of summer

Christmas has come early for one store in Cornwall after it started selling holiday items despite the celebration being five months away.
    The shop, which is located in the Truro shopping centre, is run by the local cathedral and sells a number of festive items, including advent calendars and nativity models.
    The Truro Dean, The Very Reverend Roger Bush, admitted some people thought it was strange to open up a Christmas store so early but said he hoped the shop could take advantage of the recent heat wave.

‘We’ve had a successful Christmas shop within the cathedral for many years and we’ve found, oddly enough, that during the summer months when we get more visitors, people want to buy good quality Christmas products,’ he said.
    ‘I know it looks a bit odd, culturally, to have Christmas things in the middle of perhaps the hottest time we’ve had for many years, but we do believe there is a demand for this.’
    Reverend Bush, who officially opened the shop, hit back at claims the church was exploiting Christmas in order to make money but said they had to take care when communicating their message.

End Of Article ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wowsers any fellow Brits live close by or plan on visiting??

8 people like this.
  2. ClaireLovesChristmas

ClaireLovesChristmas Christmasologist MMC Lifer

Bit too far away for me but if i live closer would definitely pay a visit!! x

7 people like this.
  3. Ryan

Ryan Christmas Podmaster Christmas Crew MMC Lifer MMC Donor

Really too far away for me, so I don't think I'll be stopping by. cheesy But I wish them well. Thanks for sharing!

5 people like this.
  4. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

Very cool!!! :tree:

3 people like this.
  5. kizzy

kizzy Santa Clausologist MMC Member

I'm heading up to Yorkshire in September are there any year round Christmas shops I can look out for?:???:

2 people like this.
  6. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

None that I know about. I don't think there are many in England which is a shame! Having said that , in sepetmber the shops here usually start putting christmas things out especially the bargain shops!

1 person likes this.
  7. Christmasstar

Christmasstar one Crazy Canadian ! MMC Lifer

what a lovely looking shop! I so agree with them, I love to look for Christmas things in the summer.

1 person likes this.