Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Christmas Stockings

Discussion in 'Christmas Talk' started by mommytotwo, Oct 30, 2015.

1. mommytotwo

mommytotwo Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

How many stockings do you need to fill? What will you be putting in them? I will be filling three, and is always looking for new ideas. Feel free to share your ideas here with everyone.

Lynn68 and snowflake22 like this.
  2. JollyHeather

JollyHeather Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

I got one stocking (got it with one of the ornament exchanges ) and it's on the mantel all year round. We do not have the tradition of putting gifts in it so it's there just for fun.

Lynn68, snowflake22 and mommytotwo like this.
  3. mommytotwo

You could always add in your own treats :)

4. JollyHeather

LOL Now there's an idea! :ornarment

5. Contented

Contented Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

I fill 12.Usually I fill them with candy and little toys or cosmetics.

6. Martine

Martine Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

We have three stockings (husband, dog and myself). Dog gets treats and toys, hubby will get underwear, fruitcake, gift cards and candy.

7. mommytotwo

12, you are a busy elf!

8. novelist

novelist Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

I fill three stockings. My husband, myself, and our cat Oliver. For my husband, I fill it with deodorant, tic tacs, dental floss, the trees that are car deodorizers, candy, and any small item I've bought for him. For me, my husband fills it with deodorant, dental floss, makeup, pocket calendar, candy, and any small item he thinks I might like. The cat gets kitty toys, and kitty cookies.

9. ChristmasFanatic2

ChristmasFanatic2 MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member Christmas Talk Alum

There are 4 of us. CB and I fill for each other, Dad and Abbe, our dog fur baby. We don't do stockings till NYE. We put in a huge variety of things....pens, paper tablets, deodorant, body wash, mouthwash, gum, mints, funny small gifts, etc.

Lynn68 and mommytotwo like this.
  10. GingerMel

GingerMel Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer

I just got stockings for the cats and for my boyfriend and myself. It is our first Christmas doing stockings together so I am really excited. We are putting together the cats' stockings already. We have toys and catnip. There will likely be a ton more toys and some treats in there. They actually get very excited about it.

In the boyfriend's stocking, I will likely put a pair of headphones, some fruit/candy, and a few other small things that I think of along the way.

Lynn68, mommytotwo and snowflake22 like this.
  11. JollyHeather

Together with mommytotwo's idea i decided to start the tradition with filling the stocking for my cat! :rubhead

Lynn68, mommytotwo and snowflake22 like this.
  12. Petronius

Petronius Santa Clausologist Merry Forums Member

-glitterstocking--glitterstocking--glitterstocking-

Lynn68 and Contented like this.
  13. Lynn68

Lynn68 Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer

I will be filling one stocking, and it's for my hubby. I do his and he does mine. We both wrap the presents we put inside the stockings to make it more fun and exciting to open.

Contented likes this.
  14. Jason rhodes

Jason rhodes Reindeer Handler Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

4 this year. We started doing the elf on the shelf with our oldest son a few years back. The elf shows up the Sunday after thanksgiving and every so often leaves a small present in our sons stockings until he leaves Christmas Eve night.

15. angelpugs

angelpugs Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

I have 9 but,what my son and i do we put most of them up in memory of our furbabes we lost and each on gets an angel ornament in them and these two we have now get toys and treats.We put an orange and little gifts in ours and if my sister is here we put my nieces up and fill hers with an orange and a few girly things.

KimB likes this.