Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Churches at Christmas Time....

Discussion in 'Traditions & Memories' started by CharlestonNole, Oct 9, 2008.

1. CharlestonNole

CharlestonNole Keeper of the Yule Goat MMC Emeritus Member

I was going to wait till Christmas was a little closer to post this, but what the hey.

I love church architecture, from small churches to massive cathedrals, it has always fascinated me.

I would love to see the churches/cathedrals Christmas decor, in your area (this includes everybody, USA, Europe, whereever you are...)

Your mission, if you choose to accept it:
    Please post pictures of your local church around Christmas. If you are a member, I would love to see the inside as well. Actually, I think most everyone would like to see what it looks like where you are from.

I can't wait to see 'em and will keep this post bumped.

Thanks-a-million.:))

2. trackrebel

trackrebel candy cane hustla MMC Lifer

I will try to take pictures from inside....but I´m not sure it will work out....since a lot of time it´s forbidden to take pictures in churches

3. JOHNOR

JOHNOR MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

nice thread! i will be going to church probably the week before christmas so i will take one then and post it!

4. CharlestonNole

Really, you can't take pics inside? I had no idea.

I have run into several historic places that wouldn't allow me, but never a church. That's interesting.

5. trackrebel

yeah, some....mostly it´s the catholic churches...with all the gold and fancy stuff inside....they usually sell postcards with pictures from the inside....I will still try to sneak in and do it

6. CharlestonNole

I see. Don't get in any trouble, I'd hate to have to bail you out of jail.cheesy

7. JOHNOR

lol! she'd be like "it was charleston nole, he made me do it!"

8. trackrebel

You guys crack me up

9. CharlestonNole

I'd deny it.....lol.... I'd be like, "why would I ask someone halfway across the world to take pics of a church?" Come on.

Nah, I'd bail you out track....

10. trackrebel

:)

11. JOHNOR

lol!!!!!!!!!! cheesy

12. CharlestonNole

13. trackrebel

yeah, those pictures are awesome......as I said....as soon as decs go up...I´ll be there with my cell to take pics

14. pinkini

pinkini MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

My church is so lovely - it's a very historic Polish-American Catholic church and truly one of the most beautiful I have attended. I got married there, it is just down the street. I will certainly take pictures of the church if I can. It is very conservative there, and I am not sure how many pictures they are going to allow me to take.

15. JOHNOR

lorn's pics are awesome. i am definatley going to take some of st peter's church, it is beautiful at christmas time.

16. scottish*mama*claus

scottish*mama*claus Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

you guys are funny!! LOL!!
    I got to see the inside of a temple a couple weeks back when one of my daughter's was invited to a B-Nai Mitzvah (a combined Bar and Bat Mitzvah for siblings). It was so different but very cool. They had the same rules. No pics inside the sanctuary.

Annie

17. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

CharlestonNole, these pictures aren't at Christmas, but if you are interested in church architecture, you might be interested in the "Relic Chapel" or "Shrine Of The Holy Relics" located acrross the road from our house. It is BEAUTIFUL here! I recently found walking paths behind the chapel in the woods that are just gorgeous!!! I knew they were back there, but I had never been on them before. It is spectacular this time of year w/ the changing leaves!

http://mariasteincenter.org/pages/mscphotopage3.html

The St. Charles Center is also about 5 miles from our house:
    http://www.st-charles-cpps.org/pictures.htm

18. CharlestonNole

Wow, thanks Holiday....most certainly check them out.

19. JOHNOR

charleston, i should have mine up around mid-end november. that's when the church decorates it for christmas. i can't wait!

20. CharlestonNole

Thanks JohnOr! I am looking forward to them.