Churches at Christmas Time....

CharlestonNole

Keeper of the Yule Goat
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 22, 2008
www.hauntedchucktown.com
I was going to wait till Christmas was a little closer to post this, but what the hey.

I love church architecture, from small churches to massive cathedrals, it has always fascinated me.

I would love to see the churches/cathedrals Christmas decor, in your area (this includes everybody, USA, Europe, whereever you are...)

Your mission, if you choose to accept it:
Please post pictures of your local church around Christmas. If you are a member, I would love to see the inside as well. Actually, I think most everyone would like to see what it looks like where you are from.

I can't wait to see 'em and will keep this post bumped.

Thanks-a-million.:))

trackrebel

candy cane hustla
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2008
Germany
sports.groups.yahoo.com
I will try to take pictures from inside....but I´m not sure it will work out....since a lot of time it´s forbidden to take pictures in churches

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England
nice thread! i will be going to church probably the week before christmas so i will take one then and post it!

CharlestonNole

Keeper of the Yule Goat
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 22, 2008
www.hauntedchucktown.com
I will try to take pictures from inside....but I´m not sure it will work out....since a lot of time it´s forbidden to take pictures in churches
Really, you can't take pics inside? I had no idea.

I have run into several historic places that wouldn't allow me, but never a church. That's interesting.

trackrebel

candy cane hustla
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2008
Germany
sports.groups.yahoo.com
yeah, some....mostly it´s the catholic churches...with all the gold and fancy stuff inside....they usually sell postcards with pictures from the inside....I will still try to sneak in and do it

CharlestonNole

Keeper of the Yule Goat
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 22, 2008
www.hauntedchucktown.com
yeah, some....mostly it´s the catholic churches...with all the gold and fancy stuff inside....they usually sell postcards with pictures from the inside....I will still try to sneak in and do it
I see. Don't get in any trouble, I'd hate to have to bail you out of jail.cheesy

pinkini

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
My church is so lovely - it's a very historic Polish-American Catholic church and truly one of the most beautiful I have attended. I got married there, it is just down the street. I will certainly take pictures of the church if I can. It is very conservative there, and I am not sure how many pictures they are going to allow me to take.

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England
lorn's pics are awesome. i am definatley going to take some of st peter's church, it is beautiful at christmas time.

scottish*mama*claus

Chestnut Roaster
MMC Member
Sep 29, 2008
suburb of Buffalo, NY
you guys are funny!! LOL!!
I got to see the inside of a temple a couple weeks back when one of my daughter's was invited to a B-Nai Mitzvah (a combined Bar and Bat Mitzvah for siblings). It was so different but very cool. They had the same rules. No pics inside the sanctuary.

Annie

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
CharlestonNole, these pictures aren't at Christmas, but if you are interested in church architecture, you might be interested in the "Relic Chapel" or "Shrine Of The Holy Relics" located acrross the road from our house. It is BEAUTIFUL here! I recently found walking paths behind the chapel in the woods that are just gorgeous!!! I knew they were back there, but I had never been on them before. It is spectacular this time of year w/ the changing leaves!

http://mariasteincenter.org/pages/mscphotopage3.html

The St. Charles Center is also about 5 miles from our house:
http://www.st-charles-cpps.org/pictures.htm

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England
charleston, i should have mine up around mid-end november. that's when the church decorates it for christmas. i can't wait!