Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Daily Holiday Hangout

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Edge612, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Jeff Westover

Jeff Westover Chief Santa Tracker MMC Founder Santa's Elf Kringle Radio DJ

Perfect, Mr. Broderick!

2. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2016
    Good Morning everyone. Today's post is something I actually heard discussed on the radio last October. I happened to come across it. It's a map of the most popular Halloween Candy in 2015 by state. Look at your state and see what was found to be the most popular for you. Personally, I don't know how sweet tarts won my state! I'm a chocolate lover myself so give me twix/snickers any day!

WEDNESDAY.jpg

I hope everyone has a great mid-week and is safe from the Hurricane. ​

MsRose, NcGunny and Festive Spirit like this.
  3. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

Milky Way... Hmmmm! I do like Milky Way, just wouldn't have thought that would be #1. I would go for the sweet tarts though! :p

Edge612 likes this.
  4. George Broderick Jr.

George Broderick Jr. North Pole Resident MMC Lifer MMC Partner Christmas Crew

Swedish Fish must be REAL popular over in Philadelphia because they're not so here in Pittsburgh... we tend more towards snack bags... chips, pretzels and Zoo Crackers... and chocolate!

5. NcGunny

NcGunny Candycane Wrangler MMC Emeritus Member

When I was a kid I loved the Swedish Fish, had a old store that had shelfs of .01 cent candy.I used to buy a box every week..they had 550 fish per box.

Edge612 and Holiday like this.
  6. NcGunny

NcGunny Candycane Wrangler MMC Emeritus Member

I am not sure who made that map..but growing up in Va. we never ate anything Reese's. They always got these little white worms in the bags. (True story folks)

Edge612 and Holiday like this.
  7. Edge612

I'm not sure how they figured this out. Maybe based on sales or just a poll of people. Swedish Fish were good...and those orange slices I liked too. Tootsie rolls were one of my favorite growing up.

Holiday likes this.
  8. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

0h goodness that's put me me off reese's for life! I wasn't much into it anyway.

Holiday and Edge612 like this.
  9. MsRose

MsRose Christmas Card Fanatic MMC Donor Merry Forums Member

Great Thread Edge >>!
    I never thought of any other fave but Snickers Bars Lol
    Without my glasses on i cant see what is most popular for Arizona :)

Holiday and Edge612 like this.
  10. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Toblerone, it looks like. (European chocolate for trick-or-treat?)

Holiday, MsRose and Edge612 like this.
  11. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

I have to say I was surprised by that myself!

Holiday, MsRose and Edge612 like this.
  12. Christmas Queen 365

Christmas Queen 365 Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I'm surprised Texas is candy corn!

MsRose and Edge612 like this.
  13. Edge612

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2016
    Good Morning everyone. A few days ago I posted about the new Halloween movie which is scheduled to come out in October 2017. But now I found there is actually a new Friday the 13th (Jason) movie scheduled. I didn't even realize they were rebooting the series but here is the latest news on it as of this week.

"Friday the 13th, the upcoming reboot of the classic series that began in 1980 and has spanned 12 films so far, will move from one Friday the 13th to another, according to Paramount. The slasher film will now open on October 13, 2017 instead of the previously announced January 13, 2017."

Could we really get a new Michael Myers AND Jason movie within weeks of each other? Wouldn't one of them move their movie not to come out around the same time or do they really want to compete head to head? With the way movies are constantly delayed I would be surprised if they both come out in October 2017 but I'm hopeful at least 1 of them does as it would be fun to see.
    Have a great Thursday and beware of Michael & Jason as it's their favorite month October!​

MsRose likes this.
  14. Edge612

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2016
    Good Morning everyone. Today's post is just a little Halloween poem I found. The thing I love about Halloween is the aura...well and the candy :) Can't go wrong with that last line. We all can use some candy for Halloween night. I actually bought some but still haven't opened it. Maybe this weekend.

FRIDAY.jpg
    Have an awesome TGIF and October weekend ahead! ​

MsRose likes this.
  15. WintersElf

WintersElf Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Talk Alum

BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edge612 likes this.
  16. Edge612

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2016
    Good Morning everyone. It's the weekend! To celebrate the weekend I am going to focus on memories each weekend through the holidays. I hope any of you who would like to share your memories of different holidays from your childhood or the past do so. Today's memory I thought of focusing around Halloween is one Halloween we went trick or treating and it was pouring rain. It was flooding in the streets, we were soaked, and the people's houses that we rang their doorbell asked us why we were out. They said hardly anyone was out trick or treating. I guess we were hardcore and there was no rain date. It was definitely memorable if not very enjoyable. But as kids we'd do anything for some chocolate!
    Have a great October Halloween Saturday and enjoy some chocolate!​

MsRose and Festive Spirit like this.
  17. George Broderick Jr.

George Broderick Jr. North Pole Resident MMC Lifer MMC Partner Christmas Crew

With my birthday coming on November 15, Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. I remember every year, the day after Thanksgiving, ALL the networks would run cartoons until noon... of course, we still had our Saturday morning cartoons, too! Two days in a row of cartoons in those prehistoric days before Cartoon Network, Disney Channel and Boomerang were MAGIC!

MsRose, Edge612 and Festive Spirit like this.
  18. Edge612

We were just talking about Cartoons in the Christmas Countdown thread. Those were the best. Do you remember that morning show on Saturdays with the people who were caught in pre-historic times with dinosaurs around? What about the rollerblading show? What about the gladiators show?

MsRose likes this.
  19. Edge612

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2016
    Good Morning everyone. Hope you're all enjoying a relaxing Sunday morning. Keeping with the holiday memories on weekends concept I have another Halloween memory to share with you. We all know "that neighbor" who'd give us something for Halloween that was not the best Halloween treat. For me it was this lady down our block who every year without fail gave us...stale popcorn. She'd give us these little bags open with popcorn in it. Of course, even back then our parents would not allow us to eat it (not that we wanted to) because we always checked for any opened candy wrappers to throw away. So popcorn was definitely a no-no. It was just funny that every year she gave it to us. And in honor of her, maybe I will make some popcorn today. Have an awesome Sunday!​

20. Edge612

MONDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2016
    Good Morning everyone. To start off this October week I just wanted to post a picture from arguably the best Halloween Cartoon ever created. It's celebrating it's 50th anniversary this year. It will be on television on Wednesday, October 19th. I'm sure you know what it is without even seeing the picture. Watching it always makes me wonder questions like "Will the Great Pumpkin ever show up Linus?" And "Charlie Brown I hope next Halloween you get some real treats instead of a bunch of rocks."
    MONDAY.jpg
    Of course, "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" is the show I refer to. I watched it on Friday on my DVD and plan on watching it a couple of more times this Halloween month. Have an awesome October Monday!​