Daily Holiday Hangout

DecemberisComing

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Member
Premiere Member
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I have a snow globe of Santa hand-stitching a teddy bear that I keep out in my sewing room all year round. This year I made the choice to keep out one of my Peanuts Countdown Calendars, thinking that I could use it to mark each Rudolph Eve and Rudolph Day throughout the year, and like Edge I found one item out after I had packed up my decorations so a solar powered Santa Snoopy bobber is nodding at me each day from the kitchen sink when I ask, "Is Christmas coming?".

Reactions: Rich and Edge612

Edge612

Christmas Royalty
Premiere Member
Oct 7, 2011
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2020
Happy Football-less Friday! No football this coming weekend. What the heck am I gonna do without football? I mean nothing is on then is there? Well for all you football fans this post is for you!

Last weekend we enjoyed the Superbowl and the party atmosphere. Since September arrived we had football on every single Sunday. It became a big part of what Sunday was about. And now there's nothing left to watch when it comes to football. No season goes quite as fast as football season I'd dare say. It seems like it flies and maybe that's ironic since it goes along with the Bers and the Holiday Seasons. Maybe they all go together and help each other go faster and faster. And then they're gone before we know it. Football season outlasted the Bers but even it has now run out. No more "real" football till September. What will I do on Sunday without it? I'll go about my business but just won't have my eyes on the t.v. as much. Does not having football on Sundays feel weird to you now? Tell us today in the Hang Out!

It's always interesting the first Sunday without football. And it's equally as interesting the first Sunday with football in September. Both are really big marker changes in the year. Have a great Football-less Friday!​

Reactions: SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
It definitely will be strange...we always have it on the TV on Sundays.
My husband has not mentioned XFL...I will have to ask him about that.

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
We don't care for football at all, so our Sundays will feel pretty much the same. Our sporting interests are baseball season and the Triple Crown, and that's it.

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

Edge612

Christmas Royalty
Premiere Member
Oct 7, 2011
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2020
Happy February Weekend! Indeed it's the weekend time and it's February so we're really in nowhere's land if you think about it. There's a real transition coming up soon so let's talk about our simple weekend plans!

Last Weekend was a big weekend for many with the Superbowl. But now? Football season is over. Winter is only a little over halfway over. The Bers are over. The holidays are over. Spring is still a little too far away to get excited about. So what do we do now? We're kind of in nowheresville aren't we? But maybe that's a good thing. This should be a relaxing weekend for me after last weekend wasn't. I did my taxes last weekend, got ready for our Superbowl party and had extra errands to do. This weekend is a little more low key and relaxing. And that's a good thing. I need more weekends like that. And I'm sure that I will have plenty of them when spring and summer arrive. What are your plans for this weekend? And is it calm? Or is it hectic like holiday time? Tell us today in the Hang Out!

The holidays are always the most hectic weekends. But sometimes even outside the season you run into one (or a few) that feel like it like last weekend did. Now this weekend is a good one to relax. Have a great February Weekend!​

Reactions: Dudley and Rich

SnowflakeMom

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
We have a pretty calm weekend. I have a couple of errands to run today and then we are going out to dinner for my SIL’s bday. Tomorrow will be church and relaxing for sure..

Minta

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Our daughter is in the Highschool indoor color guard and the first competition is tomorrow and there is one every weekend for the next 6 weeks so our weekends will be busy. Will be working on laundry, house cleaning and grocery shopping today.

ballcoach

Santa Clausologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2020
Happy Football-less Friday! No football this coming weekend. What the heck am I gonna do without football? I mean nothing is on then is there? Well for all you football fans this post is for you!

Last weekend we enjoyed the Superbowl and the party atmosphere. Since September arrived we had football on every single Sunday. It became a big part of what Sunday was about. And now there's nothing left to watch when it comes to football. No season goes quite as fast as football season I'd dare say. It seems like it flies and maybe that's ironic since it goes along with the Bers and the Holiday Seasons. Maybe they all go together and help each other go faster and faster. And then they're gone before we know it. Football season outlasted the Bers but even it has now run out. No more "real" football till September. What will I do on Sunday without it? I'll go about my business but just won't have my eyes on the t.v. as much. Does not having football on Sundays feel weird to you now? Tell us today in the Hang Out!

It's always interesting the first Sunday without football. And it's equally as interesting the first Sunday with football in September. Both are really big marker changes in the year. Have a great Football-less Friday!​
No football...what will we ever do?

Check out the XFL. It won't be the same, but it will still be decent in a couple of weeks...I think. Will it last? That's the better question...
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2020
Happy February Weekend! Indeed it's the weekend time and it's February so we're really in nowhere's land if you think about it. There's a real transition coming up soon so let's talk about our simple weekend plans!

Last Weekend was a big weekend for many with the Superbowl. But now? Football season is over. Winter is only a little over halfway over. The Bers are over. The holidays are over. Spring is still a little too far away to get excited about. So what do we do now? We're kind of in nowheresville aren't we? But maybe that's a good thing. This should be a relaxing weekend for me after last weekend wasn't. I did my taxes last weekend, got ready for our Superbowl party and had extra errands to do. This weekend is a little more low key and relaxing. And that's a good thing. I need more weekends like that. And I'm sure that I will have plenty of them when spring and summer arrive. What are your plans for this weekend? And is it calm? Or is it hectic like holiday time? Tell us today in the Hang Out!

The holidays are always the most hectic weekends. But sometimes even outside the season you run into one (or a few) that feel like it like last weekend did. Now this weekend is a good one to relax. Have a great February Weekend!​
Weekend in October, November, and December are busy. For us football fans, you can add January and the first weekend of February to that, also. We have done so much for the last few months that I'm looking forward to a little downtime...keeping things low-key until around Easter. To be honest, I'm already looking forward to the 4th of July. Having that on a Saturday will be awesome, but not as awesome as Christmas on a Friday.

tbutler

Tim Butler, North Pole IT Consultant
MMC Member
Premiere Member
Sep 1, 2010
We have some birthdays coming up, and the thing that’s consuming a lot of my time is play rehearsals. I and two of my young’uns have been cast in a community theater production of The Crucible. Shows are the last weekend in March, and I’ve got a lot of lines to do before then!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Calm weekend this week, thank goodness. Some slammin' busy days at work last week (plus an unusual number of people out sick), and more coming next week. So hoping to relax some this weekend before it all starts again.

Edge612

Christmas Royalty
Premiere Member
Oct 7, 2011
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2020
Happy Superless Sunday! No footaball and no Superbowl today but you know what's coming up this week? Oh a big week indeed. And we're going to celebrate it here in the Hang Out. Let's talk about all of the love!

I'll be honest in saying I am NOT a big Valentine's Day person. First of all I'm single so I have nobody to buy anything for. Secondly I kind of find it a little silly to see how some people spend crazy amounts of money on a holiday that isn't even really a holiday. They jack up the prices on flowers 3, 4 or 5 times the normal price on that day. I'd rather buy it for someone I like on a normal day and it would be more of a surprise to them anyway than on February 14th. But, here in the Hang Out we're all about love/positive feelings overall. Even though I'm not a big Valentine's person I do have a ton of LOVE for lots of times of year. And I want to express that LOVE here in the Hang Out all week long. That's what we're gonna do here. We're gonna talk about all things we love about all different times of year. And that will be our way to celebrate the "love" here in the Hang Out! Before we get to that all week do you enjoy Valentine's Day and do you have any plans for it? Tell us today in the Hang Out!

Valentine's will come up to us on Friday and we'll be building all week long right here by talking about different times of the year that we love. This isn't my favorite time of year but I'm enjoying it for what it is. Have a great Superless Sunday!​

Reactions: Rich and Dudley

ballcoach

Santa Clausologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
This Valentine's Day will be amazing. My girls have parties at school that I will attend and when school is over...my baseball Razorbacks open their season on SEC Network. They are loaded this year and could make a deep run. I can't wait for Valentine's Day!

Dudley

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Premiere Member
Sep 20, 2019
Southern California
The wife and I exchange cards for Valentine's Day, but other than that it will be just another Friday.

I've never watched college baseball and I'm not much of a baseball fan, but I will say the best baseball I did see is when we had season tickets to a Single A minor league team.

Best major league baseball moments . . .
- Was at the Dodgers World Series game when Gibson hit is pinch hit home run.
- Saw the Cubs at Wrigley field in the early 60s - Ernie Banks, Ron Santos, Billy Williams, Don Kessinger.

shrcpark

Reindeer Feeder Technician
MMC Member
Premiere Member
Jun 15, 2018
I purchased my daughter Shari's Berries. Every year for about 6 years we always get them for her. They are soooo good.

Edge612

Christmas Royalty
Premiere Member
Oct 7, 2011
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2020
Happy Double Digits February! It's a big week here folks. We're talking about all of the things/times of year we "love". Why? Because Valentine's Day is Friday and that is how we are celebrating the love here in the Hang Out!

Spring Time: How awesome is it? It's definitely a season and time of the year that I love. Is it my favorite season? No. But I do enjoy it. The only thing I don't like is when spring comes and somehow winter decides to try to fight back. But after a long winter (even though this winter has been mostly a piece of cake for us) I crave spring. There's nothing better than those first warm and sunny days in early spring. And you can feel the difference in the air with how much better everything feels than it did in winter. The sun seems a little brighter. It definitely feels warmer out. The birds are chirping and seem happy. And the days are longer. Spring is such a great time of the year. I do love it. And then we also see baseball season start up and of course Easter also arrives. Lots of great times in spring and lots of reasons to love that season. Definitely the "love" I have for spring is there and really is something I look forward to all winter long. How about you? Is spring one season you truly "love?" Tell us today in the Hang Out!

I do enjoy all 4 seasons in some way but spring is definitely the first one of the year I enjoy because winter isn't really my thing. But maybe it's yours. Either way, let's keep spreading the love this week. Have a great Double Digits February!​