Daily Holiday Hangout

Edge612

Christmas Royalty
Premiere Member
Oct 7, 2011
If any good comes out of this virus crisis, it may be that it's slowed us all down and made us focus on what's really important in life. And we're blessed that this will be a temporary situation and will one day be under control. When that happens, hopefully we won't forget the lessons we learned while dealing with it.
Absolutely agree. I think this whole thing has made us plan "day to day" more instead of rush stuff. And I think it slowed down time some. I think it also will make us appreciate things more like when we see baseball on t.v. again hopefully this summer. And I'm still hopeful the virus will die down some as we get deeper into spring. Praying for that.

Reactions: MerryCarey

Edge612

Christmas Royalty
Premiere Member
Oct 7, 2011
SATURDAY, MARCH 28, 2020
Happy Last Weekend of March! It is already the last weekend of the month of March. Fast month it's been huh? Today we'll simply talk about our plans...for the weekend. It's here! And every weekend is awesome!

Happy Last Weekend of March! Can you believe it's already the last one? This has been a pretty fast month if you ask me. My plans this weekend are to do some errands today and then tomorrow to relax. Kind of a mixed bag weekend. Of course, I'm trying to avoid being out too much with the virus and trying to respect the officials who are trying to keep the virus from spreading too much. I'll try to get some fresh air though and exercise but keep my distance from others. Other than that not a lot happening so maybe it's a good weekend to just...rest. That's not such a bad thing and sometimes we overlook it for having fancy plans and exciting stuff to do instead. These are all things that can be fun but the relaxing weekends can be just as fun. What are your plans for this weekend? The last one of March...tell us today in the Hang Out!

March is already winding down when it feels like it just started up. Definitely been a faster month than January and even the shorter month of February to me. Have a great Last Weekend of March!​

Reactions: DecemberisComing

ballcoach

Santa Clausologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Today, I need to work. I'm going to enjoy myself until around noon and then I plan on spending several hours at the office. We launch our virtual school on Monday and parents need information. Planning that message, focusing on the next week or so, and other potential issues....

Time to get back at it.

Edge612

Christmas Royalty
Premiere Member
Oct 7, 2011
SUNDAY, MARCH 29, 2020
Happy Sportsless Sunday! Yeah, we're pretty much out of sports these days. Nothing going on right? But maybe that gives you other options on things to do. Staying home more isn't all bad. Let's talk about it!

Many of us have been home more the last couple of weeks. And if you're a sports fan you automatically think to turn on a game but...there's really no sports on t.v. So what do you do? I've been reading and writing more. I've been playing a few more video games and trying to take more walks too. I have kept busy myself and that's usually not a problem for me because I usually have to be doing "something" until it's bed time. And then I enjoy the comfort of my own bed at night. So it hasn't been all bad but I do miss sports being on television. Maybe we take things for granted in life and when they're taken away from us for a certain length of time it just makes us appreciate it even more when they return. And I hope that is how I will feel and appreciate in the Fall when the Football Season takes place. That is what I am hoping for ultimately over the other sports.

How've you been spending your free time lately? Tell us today in the Hang Out!
Sports can be a good distraction from the real world sometimes but right now it's been hurt and deactivated because of the real world. That doesn't happen too often. Have a great Sportsless Sunday!​

Reactions: Minta

DecemberisComing

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Member
Premiere Member
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Fun things: I have been reading more, taking more walks (and listening to more podcasts while I am out), working on a puzzle, and sending more cards and letters. Not so fun things: I have raked all of the walnuts out of the yard (it was a bountiful year), dusted and cleaned, and worked in the basement. I miss sports, especially the high school basketball and NCAA tournament. I do treat myself each day with checking in here in the morning and before bed (and sometimes in between)!

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I have had LESS free time than usual---even working from home, I'm still working 9 to 11 hours a day, occasionally more. Chunks of the workday are downtime, but I have to sit at the computer waiting for the next jobs until I'm told my queue for the day is empty. I stream video on the laptop and crochet between jobs, but I can't get up and do stuff around the house.

But when I get loose in the evening, we watch DVDs of TV and movies we like. We've especially been enjoying "McHale's Navy" lately---a good old vintage sitcom that's silly and non-demanding. I haven't seen it since I was a tot. As an adult, I'm really enjoying how well the cast members play comedy.

Minta

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
I still go into the office 3 days a week for 4 to 6 hours and then work on call from home the rest of the week which gives me a good amount of extra free time. I have been doing some deep cleaning, decluttering and reorganizing. Watching hallmark christmas movies, baking more goodies and home made bread. We have been playing board games with the kids at least one evening a week for a few hours. I am going to start on some homemade Christmas gifts soon too :)

SnowflakeMom

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
I have been reading more too and catching up on things around the house and been taking more walks outside. We also have been playing more games with the kids like Sequence and Uno.

shrcpark

Reindeer Feeder Technician
MMC Member
Premiere Member
Jun 15, 2018
SATURDAY, MARCH 28, 2020
Happy Last Weekend of March! It is already the last weekend of the month of March. Fast month it's been huh? Today we'll simply talk about our plans...for the weekend. It's here! And every weekend is awesome!

Happy Last Weekend of March! Can you believe it's already the last one? This has been a pretty fast month if you ask me. My plans this weekend are to do some errands today and then tomorrow to relax. Kind of a mixed bag weekend. Of course, I'm trying to avoid being out too much with the virus and trying to respect the officials who are trying to keep the virus from spreading too much. I'll try to get some fresh air though and exercise but keep my distance from others. Other than that not a lot happening so maybe it's a good weekend to just...rest. That's not such a bad thing and sometimes we overlook it for having fancy plans and exciting stuff to do instead. These are all things that can be fun but the relaxing weekends can be just as fun. What are your plans for this weekend? The last one of March...tell us today in the Hang Out!

March is already winding down when it feels like it just started up. Definitely been a faster month than January and even the shorter month of February to me. Have a great Last Weekend of March!​
I am going to enjoy Pilates and the go see my parents. I really appreciate the relationship in my life. They matter so much. With all this slowness, I am so grateful for just enjoy what I have an the people around me. I pray all in well in your world.

Edge612

Christmas Royalty
Premiere Member
Oct 7, 2011
MONDAY, MARCH 30, 2020
Happy Next to Last Day of March! Here we go with March starting to wind down over the next 2 days. And with that the 1st quarter will be ending. And with that? We look ahead to the 2nd quarter of course!

The 2nd quarter is almost upon us. What will it bring? Certainly more hardships with the corona virus but (hopefully) through the quarter we will see improvement and more people being cured (and less getting sick). Easter is coming up too on April 12th. We have that to look forward to with the Easter Bunny making his annual appearance. We also have Memorial Day which is always a huge marker in the year. And we have the warmer weather coming too. And with that? We have the use of air-conditioning. Need to get those up this quarter before too long also. And other than that? Well we hope it's better than the 1st quarter which wasn't great but could have been worse. Certainly this corona virus has thrown a big wrench into the 1st quarter and it will last for at least another quarter. The question is where will be with that when it comes to the 2nd of the 2nd quarter? Time will tell. What are you looking forward to in the 2nd quarter? Tell us today in the Hang Out!

I like the 2nd quarter and look forward to it. Longer days and warmer weather. We'll be sweating at some point in the 2nd quarter too. Hopefully it sweats the virus out. Have a great Next to Last Day of March!​

Reactions: SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Yes I am looking forward to warmer days and being able to be outside more.

Edge612

Christmas Royalty
Premiere Member
Oct 7, 2011
Yeah...if this thing goes on at the current intensity/worse than now till Christmas...I don't even want to think about how many people will have lost their lives over this.

Edge612

Christmas Royalty
Premiere Member
Oct 7, 2011
TUESDAY, MARCH 31, 2020
Happy Farewell to March! And what a month it has been huh? The outbreak of the virus really stole this month. But there were some good things about March. Today we give a farewell to the 3rd month of the year!

Happy Farewell to March! The 3rd month of the year is winding down folks. Did you have a chance to take it all in? Is it just me or did the last couple of weeks feel like it slowed down to a screeching halt? And I rarely say that about time but the corona virus has basically taken over our lives. St. Patrick's Day was kind of spoiled by it. But we did have some green around and people still got their enjoyment out of it. A few of my neighbors had their St. Patrick's Day stuff up and still to do as I type this. We entered spring this month which was quite a relief although it would be nice if we saw more sunny days rather than cloudy days. Sometimes that's a transition thing though and hopefully soon we'll see that. Overall it's been a "long month" kind of. A lot of people having to stay home more often now certainly adds to that. But maybe the last few weeks taught us to enjoy the little things. And maybe having more time to spend with family right now is an opportunity not a bad thing. March has been quite the month. How has your March been? Tell us today in the Hang Out before it leaves us!

March is always a transition month. Unfortunately, this year it transitioned our entire lives into a new way of living for now. Hopefully March taught us a lot though even in a harsh lesson. Have a great Farewell to March!​

Reactions: Rich

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
TUESDAY, MARCH 31, 2020

March is always a transition month. Unfortunately, this year it transitioned our entire lives into a new way of living for now. Hopefully March taught us a lot though even in a harsh lesson. Have a great Farewell to March!​
March this year was the month everything changed---work from home started for me on the 16th, shelves empty of paper goods and some foods, social distancing (a term we hadn't even heard when the year began), restaurants closed to eating in, non-essential businesses closed, schools closed. All that happened in the space of a couple weeks. As we try to keep our footing on the shifting sands of daily events, they're telling us that here in Mass. cases may peak as early as next week, and the nation may see 100K to 200K deaths before the virus pulls back. Transition month, indeed!

Rich

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Donor
Premiere Member
Sep 23, 2010
South of the North Pole ( Middle Georgia, USA)
Worst March ever due to this virus. But we're still blessed. None of our family or friends us have the virus. We had to cancel our plans to attend a St. Patrick's Day festival that was also cancelled. April is now upon us and more spring festivals are cancelling. Understandable, but disheartening.

Reactions: Edge612