Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Daily Holiday Hangout

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Edge612, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2016
    Good Morning everyone. Today's post concerns one of my favorite Halloween related shows having their last and 11th season on Sci-Fi. That show is Ghost Hunters. Jason & Grant are the 2 leaders on that show (Grant actually left the show a couple of seasons ago). But I have watched many of their episodes over the years. And how did I get hooked on their show? Halloween. Every year on Halloween from around 2005-2010 they had a special "live" broadcast on Halloween from a chosen haunted place to explore on Halloween night for 5-6 hours or so. I used to watch that every year before I even started watching their regular weekly episodes. The show will be missed but to be honest I really miss their Halloween special more than anything. And rumor has it they may start the show up on another network. We shall see. I hope you all have a great mid-week this Wednesday here in the month of October. ​

Festive Spirit and Holiday like this.
  2. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

I was wondering if Ghost Hunters was still on the air. I haven't seen it this year. I rarely watched it except during October---it got me in a Halloween mood!

Edge612 and Holiday like this.
  3. Edge612

That's how I started Merry. I actually used to think it was just once a year on Halloween till I realized it was a regular show. They have a couple of episodes to go...then they may switch stations if they keep going.

MerryCarey likes this.
  4. Edge612

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2016
    Good Morning everyone. Hard to believe it's the 20th of October isn't it? Halloween is just 11 days away. You know that this month can't go by without a post of the day dedicated to the man or should I say the monster who starred in the Halloween movies. Michael Myers. Always felt he was much scarier than Jason, Freddie, or any other horror character. It's all in his "walk". He is always coming towards you and even when you're running you feel like he's gaining on you. Creepy stuff. He's always hiding behind that tree instead of jumping out and making noise. You never know where he is. And when you least expect it, he strikes. Scared myself a bit today but he is definitely worthy of a post dedicated just to him. Here is a picture of the great Michael Myers and as I posted earlier this month there should be a new Halloween movie in October of 2017. Michael Myers may be returning so get your sleep now while you can before he keeps you up nights.
    THURSDAY.jpg

Look at the blank stare. Don't stare too long though...he doesn't like it and you don't want to anger him. Have a great Thursday or as we say Friday Eve.​

Festive Spirit likes this.
  5. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

Yikes!

Edge612 likes this.
  6. Festive Spirit

Batman is an iconic one isn't it. Still popular after all these years. My youngest dressed as Batman last year.

For me it was Wonder Woman.

Edge612 likes this.
  7. George Broderick Jr.

George Broderick Jr. North Pole Resident MMC Lifer MMC Partner Christmas Crew

Austin Powers was in Halloween? :D

Festive Spirit and Edge612 like this.
  8. Edge612

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2016
    Good Morning everyone. TGIF! Going into this weekend before Halloween I have a little poll I found online. Not sure who voted on this one but it's related to Halloween. Let's take a little look at it. It's from 2014. If you could have one organ in a jar on your desk, what would it be? Hmm well brains wins. I guess a lot of zombies voted. I'd have to go with the majority on that one because well I could use a little more brains anyway lol. FRIDAY.jpg
    I hope you have a great day and are enjoying the post of the day through the first 3 weeks. I'm trying to mix it up as much as possible. Anyone who has any ideas or wants to post anything on their own absolutely please do. Have a great Friday and enjoy the beginning of your weekend! ​

9. George Broderick Jr.

DUDE! That's just sick! Well, okay... brains for me, too... :rolleyes:

Festive Spirit and Edge612 like this.
  10. Edge612

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2016
    Good Morning everyone. A rainy Saturday morning here to brainstorm for a few Halloween memories for this weekend's posts. One Halloween memory that I have is my neighbors across the street when I was a kid were an older couple who every Halloween they were our first stop. We'd go in and they would both have us come inside, line up, talk about our costumes etc. It was kind of our annual traditional kick off to Halloween. It was fun too. They were great people and a lot of fun. It's funny how you may not see some of your neighbors most of the year (especially as a kid) but Halloween night comes and now you see all of them and are thankful for it (as most are giving you some delicious candy). Have a great day and have a few pieces of Halloween candy for me this weekend!​

SnowflakeMom and Festive Spirit like this.
  11. Festive Spirit

It'd true. I love the community spirit on the night of Halloween.

SnowflakeMom and Edge612 like this.
  12. Edge612

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2016
    Good Morning everyone. The second half of the weekend before the Halloween weekend arrives. Today I have another memory to share with you from my childhood (although some would argue my childhood never completely ended, especially the way I act during the holiday season). Everyone loves trick or treating but one of the coolest things, coming from a big family, was when we'd go out together every year, come home with our candy and empty all of our bags on the table together. We'd see a pool of candy as we put all of ours together. We'd then separate the chocolates from the non-chocolates and wind up putting them in jars that way. I always remember it was like Christmas morning when all that candy was together like when you go and see all the presents around a tree. Very cool feeling. I hope everyone has a great Sunday and if you are a Walking Dead fan enjoy the big show tonight!​

13. Edge612

MONDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2016
    Good Morning everyone. 1 week till Halloween! Wow. Doesn't seem possible does it? Today's post this Halloween month is just my quick thoughts on last night's "The Walking Dead" episode because it is related to Halloween/scary stuff and it's the biggest episode in the show's 7 season history. Everyone wanted to know for 6 months who did the new bad guy Negan kill. Well we found out the answer that it was Abraham who was semi-popular but then he wound up taking out one of the show's most beloved and original characters Glenn. It was tough to watch. I have to say that it was one of the best episodes in terms of drama and suspense in the show's history. I've seen online some people who said it was too gory. Anyway, I loved the episode and if you haven't watched the show you should give it a shot. Everyone who doesn't watch it thinks it's just about a bunch of zombies but the truth is it's really about the living characters.
    I hope everyone enjoys their Monday (even if you were a Glenn/Abraham fan). Enjoy the day and the beginning of the week before Halloween!​

14. CGYager

CGYager Santa's Helper in South Dakota MMC Emeritus Member

Here is a great picture of an inflatable Adult Costume...
    inflatable-bull-rider-costume.jpg

15. Festive Spirit

lol

Edge612 likes this.
  16. CGYager

CGYager Santa's Helper in South Dakota MMC Emeritus Member

Here is one I am thinking about getting for next year...
    adult-inflatable-minion-stuart-costume.jpg

Edge612 and Festive Spirit like this.
  17. Edge612

I could see you rocking that CG.

Festive Spirit and CGYager like this.
  18. Edge612

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2016
    Good Morning everyone. Now under a week to go till our big day Halloween. Wiki can teach you everything. Today's post is a link from wiki on how to dress up as a zombie. It's pretty detailed actually and I don't think I'd have the patience to go through that. I'd stick with putting on a mask (or going with my own face/mask). But it looks pretty detailed and cool. See the link below.
    http://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Zombie-Costume

One thing, as a Walking Dead fan, that I've learned from "Behind the Scenes" footage is how long it takes them to create the zombies on the show. People say it takes time to look beautiful but it takes even more time to look SCARY! I hope everyone has a good Tuesday and is enjoying their Halloweek thus far!​

Festive Spirit and CGYager like this.
  19. George Broderick Jr.

Pop culture brain eating zombies are vastly different from traditional Voodoo zombies... I blame George Romero...

Festive Spirit, Edge612 and CGYager like this.
  20. Edge612

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2016
    Good Morning everyone. Happy Pines/Midweek Day here in late October. Today's post is a poll regarding what the best parts of Halloween are. They had a nice graph that I found but it didn't copy very nice/pretty to post here so I'm just listing the percentages/responses from the poll.

A.) Dressing up in Costume (27%)
    B.) Scaring your Friends (7%)
    C.) The Candy (26%)
    D.) Halloween Parties (26%)
    E.) Watching Scary Movies (14%)

Interesting how the top 3 are so evenly matched with dressing up, candy and parties together. Honestly, I don't know many adults who go to Halloween parties (not saying there's anything wrong with it at all). But that means either a lot of kids answered or maybe I'm just out of the loop. I also would have expected "Watching Scary Movies" to be ahead of that and Candy to be clearly #1. Ahh well all those 5 things listed are all good reasons that we can love Halloween...which somehow is now only 5 days away (that'd be 1 hands-worth unless you are a martian or a Simpson). Have a great day everyone and keep the Halloween spirit going!​