Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Daily Holiday Hangout

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Edge612, Oct 1, 2016.

1. NcGunny

NcGunny Candycane Wrangler MMC Emeritus Member

I know alot of people that throw Halloween parties for kids, so that might be how they are answering.

Edge612 likes this.
  2. CGYager

CGYager Santa's Helper in South Dakota MMC Emeritus Member

Just a couple days away now... are you ready my friend?
    The Great Pumpkin.jpg

SnowflakeMom and Edge612 like this.
  3. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

Hard to believe Halloween is coming up so quickly!!

Edge612 and CGYager like this.
  4. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

With that picture how can we not be?

CGYager likes this.
  5. Edge612

And then eyes will be right on Thanksgiving and the Christmas season. Hard to believe we're so far through 2016.

SnowflakeMom and CGYager like this.
  6. Edge612

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2016
    Good Morning everyone. I'm not a big fan of facebook (even though I do have it) mainly because of the negativity and drama that is posted on it daily by people. I think it's a great place though to keep in touch with people you may not see all the time. Today's post concerns facebook because I found a Halloween page that you may want to check out and/or join.

https://www.facebook.com/halloween333/

Seems like a pretty cool page/group, if you're interested in checking it out. This time of year especially the Halloween groups are rocking as we head right towards Halloween just a few days away. Unbelievable isn't it? Seems like we were just in the summer and now the Bers are almost half over already. Never fear though, after Halloween ends we have the holiday season right ahead of us. Have a great and spooky Thursday!​

CGYager, Festive Spirit and NcGunny like this.
  7. NcGunny

Lol..I tell everyone that when they ask why I dont update my Facebook alot. All I ever see is people Boo hoo'ing about something or the endless drama every time I get on. I am always amazed that people post the stuff they do. Idk..maybe some people just need nonstop attention

CGYager and Edge612 like this.
  8. e_xander

e_xander Executive Producer, Tracking Santa MMC Lifer Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

I'm a little more active on FB, but I try to stay more upbeat and funny (at least in my mind.) There is a lot of negative on FB which is why I tend to stay to the more upbeat/humorous things. I used to feed into it, but I've quickly learned that life is too short to feed into the toxicity of the negative.

Edge612, NcGunny and CGYager like this.
  9. George Broderick Jr.

George Broderick Jr. North Pole Resident MMC Lifer MMC Partner Christmas Crew

The span of time from the first day of Fall (September 21) until Halloween is interminably loooooong... but, the time from November 1 until Christmas is like riding a Slip 'N Slide.

10. Edge612

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2016
    Good Friday Morning! TGIF! That's always a good thing. And Halloween weekend is approaching. Today's post is an economic one (now it feels like you're in school again doesn't it). Here's a chart from a couple of years ago showing spending for different holidays. As I've said, I do love charts/graphs. This one is interesting to see how Halloween stacks up in terms of spending as opposed to all of the other holidays during the year. See below.

FRIDAY.png
    You can see the "winter holidays" wins by far. Not surprising though as that's the only holiday people really go crazy (me=guilty) buying lots of gifts. Halloween does beat out St. Patrick's Day but not the Superbowl or Easter (that surprises me a little). Anyway, maybe the spending for Halloween isn't as high as I thought because people wait till that after Halloween candy goes on sale, 50%, 75%, and 90% off (guilty again). Have a great Friday (hard not to) as we head into Halloween weekend!​

CGYager and Festive Spirit like this.
  11. CGYager

CGYager Santa's Helper in South Dakota MMC Emeritus Member

Have fun...
    Halloween Reflections.gif

SnowflakeMom and Edge612 like this.
  12. SnowflakeMom

Hmmmm.....that is interesting!! I would think for sure Halloween would beat out Easter too!

Edge612 likes this.
  13. SnowflakeMom

I love "vaguebooking"...for example...."I am so done with this" and that just causes people to ask what is wrong and tell the person how great of a person they truly are...:p
    And the election posts are so crazy!! People literally arguing and being down right nasty if you don't agree with their views. I never participate in these posts but I watch from the sidelines...lol

14. George Broderick Jr.

George Broderick Jr. North Pole Resident MMC Lifer MMC Partner Christmas Crew

But... but that was a REALLY GOOD fried bologna sandwich I just ate! :rolleyes:

15. Edge612

Yeah I'm pretty private as a person so even though most of the people I have on FB are people I "know" or "knew" well I just don't feel the need to tell about my personal life on there all the time. I just post funny stuff, pics of Rollins, and once in a while something random that happened.

CGYager likes this.
  16. Edge612

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2016
    Happy Saturday and Happy Halloween Weekend everyone. We've arrived at the end of October just a couple of days away till the big day (Halloween). Today's post will be like the last several weekends have been and that's a memory of Halloween. One Halloween we went with my Uncle (after my dad passed) and these kids were causing some trouble with shaving cream and stuff. My uncle pretty much told them off (they were probably 12-13 or so). We kept walking doing our thing and at the end of trick or treating...we got back and my Uncle's jacket had shaving cream all over the back lol. It was so dark out we couldn't tell that. He assumed that those kids did it somehow when he was yelling at them. It was bad but honestly we kind of laughed about it. Ahh mischievous kids on Halloween. A little trouble is ok as long as it's not hurting anyone. Hope you all have a great Halloween Eve Eve! ​

CGYager likes this.
  17. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

In the old, old days of outdoor plumbing, a common prank was to wait until someone visited the outhouse ... then tip it over, with the door on the bottom. The only way out was ... well, if you have an imagination, you get the picture. And the victim couldn't see who did it.

Makes shaving cream and TP look civilized, doesn't it?

18. Edge612

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2016
    Happy Halloween Eve Everyone! Or should I say Happy Mischief Night? Or what do you call Halloween Eve? That leads me into today's post on this Eve of Halloween. The history of today (October 30th) you can click the link below to read about.
    http://time.com/4093505/mischief-night-history/

Interesting that it says 75% of Americans don't have a name for October 30th. I've always personally heard it called Mischief Night. Although I do not live far from New England I can honestly say I've never heard it called "Cabbage Night." I don't think around my area that many people get into trouble today as it seems this night was more for specific areas of the country. Interesting to also note that the oldest references to "Mischief Night" were in Britain. It sounds like the origin of it was almost similar to what April Fool's Day is (April 1) today as more of a prank type thing but instead of tricking someone with words etc. that it was more of a physical thing. Anyway, stay out of any mischief today on this Halloween Eve but do enjoy some Halloween shows and some candy for me. Have a great day! Next up the big one Halloween!

CGYager likes this.
  19. Edge612

MONDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2016
    Happy Halloween! Today's post is just wishing everyone a Happy Halloween. It's been a great month and a reminder to me of why before my love for Christmas came about how I loved Halloween through my teens and 20s. It just is a special time of year and a special month of October. It's just a fun holiday that makes you feel like a kid again, no matter what your age is (if you allow it to). The Halloween shows are arguably, in my humble opinion, worthy of being compared to Christmas shows. They are that good and a lot of hidden gems that you find year after year if you search for them. The aura of Halloween, the feel of it, the candy, the kids, the costumes, the cooler Autumn weather, the leaves, the pumpkins, the Halloween shows, and more make this month one of the best months of the year. To everyone at MMC, even if you aren't a big fan of Halloween like I am and many others...Happy Halloween to one and all!
    MONDAY.jpg

Festive Spirit and CGYager like this.
  20. NcGunny

Happy Halloween!! Got our pumpkins carved yesterday and roasted pumpkin seeds. Almost candy time