Day After Thanksgiving

MerrySouthernChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 19, 2007
What goes on for Ya'll?

For me, it's digging out the Christmas decorations - we have this closet under our stairs, pretty big, but it's ALL Christmas decorations, so much i barely have room to fit two pairs of shoes, three coats and my backpack. - then decorating, with small breaks to watch movies, eat leftovers and search for my sweatpants which i'd be wearing for the next few days until my stomach deflates.

Sunshine73

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 26, 2005
Illinois
My Dh, my step-daugther and I all head out for a day of Christmas fun and shopping! We usually go and take advantage of whatever Black Friday deals we've seen and then we'll go out for dinner and catch a movie.

dominick

MMC Emeritus
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 9, 2006
South Holland, IL
Turkey sandwiches and Christmas movies. I'll likely grumble about putting the tree up, but I'm always too lethargic from all the turkey.

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
The first part of the day will be spent shopping. Depending on time we get home from shopping will determine how much decorating we get done but we will at least have all the trees up and decorated.

joyful

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 25, 2006
northeast USA
I would like to start decorating but I may be babysitting if daughter and son-in-law go shopping to take advantage of the sales. Decorating is my first choice, but babysitting is no problem I enjoy them so much but I hope I never have to go shopping on Black Friday, did it once and never again.

Tinkerbell2476

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 19, 2007
I wake up early to shop and home by the afternoon to watch the LSU/Arkansas game on tv. Then I decorate and watch Christmas movies.

MerrySouthernChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 19, 2007
I've never really shopped on the day after Thanksgiving. Since the day I was able to pull a box out of the closet, I've always been decorating, and helping my dad set up the front display. (and when i say help, i mean use my creative senses to tell him where to put stuff... "No... higher... higher... lower... HIGHER! ow... that was my head...")

JanaBanana

*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess,
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2007
Shopping :) I decorate a lot earlier then most so we can enjoy it longer, this year everything goes up on Nov 3rd...
Leftovers for dinner and maybe catch a good Christmas movie

chanelsmile112298

Mistletoe Hanger
MMC Member
Sep 16, 2007
Cleveland,Ohio
Leftovers of course! I do little shopping becasue the stores are so crowded! but this year I might just go. A good christmas movie is a must as well:hello:

MerrySouthernChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 19, 2007
I have never put up christmas decorations before Thanksgiving... I like to take it one holiday at a time...

Maureen

Merry Forums Super Administrator
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Aug 24, 2007
Displaced Canadian now in Perthshire, Scotland
Well, unless you originate from a country that does Thanksgiving, be it in October or November, Britain as whole doesn't celebrate the holiday:sad:

I personally will be organising Thanksgiving dinner next Sunday as we are all working on the Monday (Oct 8th) and trying to get a turkey dinner together after working 9 - 5 won't be a piece of cake!!!

sugarplum fairy

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 13, 2006
Alabama
I always go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. Hubby usually puts up the tree and puts the lights on. We all then decorate it later that night together. This year things will be different because Hubby is going to go shopping with me. He's thrilled. LOL! We will probably put up the tree Thanksgiving night.

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
I usually go out shopping. Although these last couple of years were just not worth it for me. 1. The crowd and rude people... 2. You get there 1 hr. early and stand outside, you end up being the 500th person and those wonderful TV's, Video games that are dirt cheap you now have learned that store only carried 20 of them and they were long gone before you even got the chance to step inside. So....*L* I now stick home...go thru all my decorations and get ready to decorate. I have so much stuff...I like to do it all early so I make sure everything is working properly and then I get a little over a month to enjoy it all.

G

gameshowguy2000

Leftovers and shopping for my family. Sometimes we put the tree up the day after Turkey Day or on Turkey Day itself (more or less, we put it up the day after).

MerrySouthernChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 19, 2007
I think the best part of thanksgiving is the leftovers. I mean, sure, turkey tastes great sitting around the table with all your friends and family. But it somehow tastes so much better as a midnight snack tucked in a left over roll with butter.

officepro4u

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 6, 2007
Apopka, FL
www.officepro4u.com
I think I look forward to the day after Thanksgiving as much as THE day itself!

I am instantly ready for Christmas! I like to do a little shopping but don't bother with trying to get the REALLY GOOD DEALS because the supply is always much less than the demand. I end up waiting in line, sleep deprived and still go home with only items I have to pay full price for.

This is also the day we go and buy our REAL Christmas tree! :tree:

I just can't put up a fake one. I know they dry out faster, I know there are needles everywhere....but I don't care! I have to have a real one. So, off to Lowe's or Home Depot to buy one. No real trees in Orlando to go and cut down! LOL!

We then go home to decorate. My favorite part is pulling out the previous years' ornaments and remembering where they came from, what year the kids made them, etc. We listen to Christmas music and untangle the lights. I like lots of lights!!

We eat leftovers until we burst at the seams...again!

Then after dark, all the lights in house go off and the rest of the evening is spent with just twinkling Christmas lights.

Now I can't wait!!!

Diana:razz:

holidaytwinkle5289

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Member
Sep 6, 2007
Baltimore
Wake Up Early for Black Friday Shopping..
Get home in the afternoon and eat leftovers for lunch...
Help mom wrap some early gifts,
Watch Christmas Specials until like 11pm.
Go to bed.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
No shopping for me the day after Thanksgiving! Nope! No way!!! Why? Because it's WINE DAY!!!! :-D I get up in the morning & get my Christmas Tree & Hollyberry candles burning, my husband gets the heck out of dodge, a couple of my friends come over to spend the day (& others stop in throughout the day,) we drink wine, eat cheese, everybody brings a snack, we listen to Christmas music all day, I decorate my tree & put up decorations, and later if there's time we watch a Christmas special or 2!! It's been such a fun tradition & such a great day. We look forward to it every year! :smile:

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image