Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Department store Santas...

Discussion in 'Traditions & Memories' started by ChristmasRose, Jan 2, 2010.

1. ChristmasRose

ChristmasRose MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

Does anyone remember the classic department store Santas...? He'd be all set up in the first floor front window (the grand one facing the street sidewalk). People would gather outside to watch Santa greet the next little visitor in line to hop up onto his lap. I remember doing this each year at the J.C.Penney store located in the nearest big city. It was such a special event to get all dressed up for and the wonderfully wild anticipation was nearly unbearable...! :wiggy:

2. One Spoiled Brat

One Spoiled Brat MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

Yes, and there was only one....These days there may be several within a few blocks of one another....Sad....:snowball:

3. RadioJonD

RadioJonD ♪♫Mistletoe Mix-ologist♫♪ MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Kringle Radio DJ Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum Santa's Elf

To this day I can’t smell gin but what I’m instantly transported back in time to a department store Santa’s lap.

1 person likes this.
  4. Petronius

Petronius Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class Merry Forums Member

5. RadioJonD

RadioJonD ♪♫Mistletoe Mix-ologist♫♪ MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Kringle Radio DJ Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum Santa's Elf

It's him, It's him, It's Ernest T!!!