Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Do you come to this site year around or just during the Christmas season?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mommytotwo, Dec 27, 2015.

I come .....

1. Year around

2. Just during the Christmas season

3. Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mommytotwo

mommytotwo Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger

Just wondering ... and how active this site is during other parts of the year other than Christmas.

2. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew

Usually I am here year round except this year has been insane so I had not been on here as much this past year. There are a LOT of regulars who are on here year round.

3. e_xander

e_xander Executive Producer, Tracking Santa MMC Lifer Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum Santa's Elf

Just came back this last Sept from a few year hiatus...I plan on being here year round

Sean

4. xmas365

xmas365 Wants to build the second castle on the left MMC Lifer

I am full time year round, and have been since I signed up in January 2010. I try to visit at least once every day.

5. Jeff Westover

Jeff Westover Chief Santa Tracker MMC Founder Kringle Radio DJ Christmas Card Exchanger Santa's Elf

We have a core group of faithful and loyal site users that are here more during the off season than even during the Christmas season. We introduce new Christmas content year round. It might not be for everyone but it is peaceful and somewhat of a shelter from the rest of the world.

Many stay to count down the days to Christmas year round and to check in on each other.

6. HollyKing

HollyKing Merry Monarch of Yuletide MMC Premiere Member

It's funny you asked... I signed up four years ago and then just basically disappeared. Rightly or wrongly, my perception of this place at that time was that it wasn't a good place to be a Pagan openly.

I'm a cynical sort, so I'm still kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop - but I have to say, thus far I haven't been insulted or harassed or told I'm going to Hell. So far, everyone I've had any interaction with has been unfailingly respectful and courteous, whether they agree with my religious leanings or not.

I doubt seriously that I'll be in every day, now that Christmas is over - but I'll pop in now and again, see what's going on - and if, heaven forbid, you have need of my specialized knowledge, drop me a line and I'll check in.

Was hael!

7. snowflake22

snowflake22 *Harlowe's Mom* MMC Lifer Louann Jeffries Award

I am here year round, and visit on a daily basis. It's been that way since I joined. Love the Christmas kinship here!

8. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

I am here year round since I joined. I try to pop in every day at the countdown thread and look forward to counting down to christmas with everyone there.

There are times I can engage more than other times because sometimes life , children, family and work can overtake but I try my best and would miss it here a lot if I didn't maintain a presence.

9. XmasDreams

XmasDreams North Pole Network Help MMC Lifer MMC Donor ATC Alum Christmas Crew

I'm pop on the board everyday but might not post each day but always read.

10. George Broderick Jr.

George Broderick Jr. North Pole Resident MMC Lifer MMC Partner Christmas Crew

All year, everyday (except Sundays when I don't go on the computer)... SOMEONE's gotta write those Birthday poems! :)

11. novelist

novelist Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

I voted Other. I start coming on this site around Sept or so, and continue into the Christmas season. I'll probably pop in now until the end of Jan or so

'Tis the season, Ryan and mommytotwo like this.
  12. XmasDreams

XmasDreams North Pole Network Help MMC Lifer MMC Donor ATC Alum Christmas Crew

Bah, this should be the year that you change that tradition and join us all year long.. :)

13. Solice

Solice Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger

Im here all year round :sway

14. SinatraClaus

SinatraClaus Chairman of the board MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Talk Alum

I read and browse for most of the year. My post count is more heavy around Christmas though.

15. RadioJonD

RadioJonD ♪♫Mistletoe Mix-ologist♫♪ MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Kringle Radio DJ Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum Santa's Elf

MMC - "Clark, that's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year!"

16. snowflake22

snowflake22 *Harlowe's Mom* MMC Lifer Louann Jeffries Award

Ha ha, love it RJD!! :orny

'Tis the season, Ryan and RadioJonD like this.
  17. Iteachpercussion

Iteachpercussion Elf Supervisor MMC Premiere Member Santa's Elf

When I first joined I was not here much, but I will be present throughout the year from now on. It is great to be able to talk to people who love Christmas as much I as do. It is hard to find others who keep the Christmas spirit year round. Beyond just showing up on the forums throughout the year, I would love to become more involved in the goings-on overall.

18. tbutler

tbutler Tim Butler, North Pole IT Consultant Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

My participation here is pretty erratic, even around the holidays. However, I want to visit at least once a day. I really appreciate the love of Christmas here. Most people think I'm pretty weird because I try to observe Christmas throughout the year.

19. RadioJonD

RadioJonD ♪♫Mistletoe Mix-ologist♫♪ MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Kringle Radio DJ Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum Santa's Elf

That's the irony for me. When the world catches up with our year round celebration, I've less time to pop in!

Actually, I wouldn't call MMC a celebration as much as I would simply keeping the Spirit all year. Showing kindness and goodwill shouldn't be confined to Christmas. Judging from social media, most folks don't realize or practice that concept.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  20. Yuletide Junkie

Yuletide Junkie Christmasologist MMC Lifer MMC Donor MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger

I'm around on a fairly steady basis year round. The home Wi - Fi, currently down, not withstanding. Alas, Santa did not leave a new router under the tree.