Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Do you have an advent calandar?

Discussion in 'Traditions & Memories' started by Sanity Clause, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Sanity Clause

Sanity Clause Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer

And if so what kind? One with pictures, one that is with chocolates or a computer based one? I have two picture based ones and two computer based ones.

2 people like this.
  2. whychristmas

whychristmas Webmaster Partner, <a href="http://www.whychristma MMC Lifer MMC Emeritus Member MMC Partner

3. almcg

almcg Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

We have loads of them! We have chocolate ones, cardboard ones, Advent Trees and countdown Snowmen! My family loves the countdown to Christmas lol:smile:

4. Martine

Martine Fruit Cake Baker MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

I made my own advent calendar two years ago. Square pockets made of green felt lined-up to look like a Christmas tree witha star on top. For each day of the countdown, I'll put a different chocolate or candy, one for me and one for my husband. Countdown starts Saturday, can't wait!

5. whitney37354

whitney37354 Rudolph's Groomer MMC Lifer

We have three:

1. Elmo: 24 square felt ornaments to go on a felt tree.

2. Santa: computer print off with 24 circles to glue cotton balls on for Santa's beard

3. Nativity: computer print off of Holy Family with 24 stars to color in

6. sdkluger

sdkluger MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

We have 4 books with advent readings for the whole family. Three of them are stories written by Arnold Ytreeide, Jotham's Journey, Bartholomew's Passage, Tabitha's Travels. You read more of the story everyday from the beginning of advent (Dec 2 this year) through Christmas day.

My website also has an advent calendar - http://www.customsofchristmas.com/adventcal-cbear.html. It's a radio program that first aired in 1937. The story begins tonight (November 29) and goes through Christmas Eve. It's a great little story. You'll enjoy it.

7. frostyman

frostyman Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer

it's a snowman that hangs on the wall with a pocket to put something in everyday

8. TwinkleLights25

TwinkleLights25 MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

I saw an idea online, I think it was on Pinterest probably. Use a muffin pan that has 24 holes and cover each hole with paper or fabric, you could even put a treat in each hole! I had the muffin pan, and was numbering the circles I cut out, on the pan, and I skipped number 11.....
    Sigh
    So, I scrapped the idea.
    Someday I would like to do the advent with the candles...

9. Solice

Solice Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger

Yes, we all have one of this in different colors and styles.

This two are my twins calendars:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We have five! Isak haven't got one yet.
    Maybe my mother is making him one as a Christmas gift this year=)

[​IMG]

Isak have one Playmobil calendar this year, the boys Haribo, the girls Kinderegg
    and they all got chocolatecalendar as well!

Me and Thomas opens our calendar every other day.
    I bought 12 gifts for him, and he 12 for me..
    I started the 1st, so he get the last one Christmas Eve =)

1 person likes this.
  10. Sunshine73

Sunshine73 MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

We've got chocolate ones!!! Every morning before we get out of bed the hubs and I grab our calendars and start the day with a Christmas Chocolate!

:yahoo:

1 person likes this.
  11. Manda_panda

Manda_panda Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member

I got a Candy cane one and a nativity one

12. sgrover

sgrover MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

2 people like this.
  13. trackrebel

trackrebel candy cane hustla MMC Lifer

Over in Germany every kid has an advent calendar....I might buy one with pictures for myself...not sure yet......Kandice has this Playmobil Advendskalender [​IMG]

There is a background out of paper that the kids can used to play.....and each day a new piece will come out....it might be just a crown for a fairy princess or an animal....and on....they have it as Santa´s workshop (kandice had that last year), priates and on.

At my moms place she has a chocolate calender

1 person likes this.
  14. trackrebel

trackrebel candy cane hustla MMC Lifer

beautiful calender and a beautiful way to fill it!!!!

1 person likes this.
  15. sgrover

sgrover MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

I finally figure out how to attach pictures! So here it is:

Attached Files:

16. Neotericisis

Neotericisis Elf Choir Book Distributor Merry Forums Member

I just bought my first one! I was surprised at how hard they were to find, only our local Target seemed to have them. This one is cloth and in the shape of a Christmas tree, a little wooden candy cane on a string goes in each pocket. I'm going to put a Hershey Kiss in each day, we can talk about Jesus and then my son can take out the Hershey kiss and replace it with a candy cane each morning. Can't wait!

2 people like this.
  17. snowflake22

snowflake22 *Harlowe's Mom* MMC Lifer Louann Jeffries Award

I have the Christmas Vacation Advent house that has pictures behind each window, and we also have one with chocolates.

:tree:

2 people like this.
  18. Sabine

Sabine Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer

Sure..I have a chocolate one.
    you are never to old to have one :-D

19. xmastidings

xmastidings Santa's Mentor MMC Lifer MMC Donor Christmas Card Exchanger 2018 Ornament Exchanger

I have the same calendar as well... Birds of a feather flock together~:yahoo:

20. Yuletide Junkie

Yuletide Junkie Christmasologist MMC Lifer MMC Donor MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger

Our Advent calendar is a Christmas tree painted on a board in a wood frame. You hang wooden toy ornaments on pegs all over the tree. The toys are stored in the bottom of the frame behind pasteboard "1-23" doors. The 24th, a wood star outline slides over the solid portion at the top of the tree.