Does anyone wrap

joyful

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 25, 2006
northeast USA
Yes I do both, wrap then hide. I keep a gift list on my pc so I know what I have and for whom.
I've always wrapped as soon as I got the gift. That way I was not overcome with wrapping everything at once and if by chance my kids found a gift, it was wrapped.

My parents always spent the night with us Christmas Eve and I'll always remember one Christmas Eve that she spent shut in a room in the basement wrapping gifts. She had plenty of time to wrap everything before she arrived here but that was my Mother. I don't think she ever relaxed with the family and enjoyed a Christmas Eve, she always had to add drama with cleaning, baking or gift wrapping. I vowed never to do any of those things to my family and I have never done it.
LOL she wrapped gifts for her grandchildren but when I was small she never wrapped my gifts, they were just layed out under the tree.

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
I always wrap the gifts when I buy them and then hide them in my closet. I think that it is easier that way. My mom waits until the weekend before to wrap all of her gifts and then it takes hours to do.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
You bet!!! :razz:

Mumof2

One Happy lil Elf
MMC Lifer
Oct 23, 2007
Lakes Region,NH
www.facebook.com
Yes,I do.They get hid right away and when is ok to wrap them I do,then the hiding begins,I have a closet,and under my bed in containers,or at my mums house for bigger Items.

Laney

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
May 20, 2008
St. Louis, Missouri
I like to wait till some point during the season to do my wrapping. It just feels more festive! I have ended up doing it on Christmas eve before and that is very stressful and takes away from the holiday. Sometime mid-way through December, though, is about when I like to go to town!

BrittanyMarie

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 29, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
I am usually buying things all year long so I don't wrap when I get them. I usually have all of my shopping done by the first week of December so I spend a weekend wrapping all of them and watching movies while I do it.

B

ballcoach

I do on my wrapping in one days...right before Dec....so the presents are under the tree for a month....UNLESS....I don't get done until a week before like I did last year, then I just do it as I get em!

Minta

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
I will hide all the gifts until the beginning of December. I like to wrap gifts after the house has been fully decorated and right after I baked a couple batches of cookies. I usually break my wrapping up into 2 sessions. First session I will turn on all the lights, put christmas movie on TV or listen to Christmas music, drink holiday flavored coffee, set a plate of home made cookies and start wrapping all the non-santa gifts. The second session (Santa Gifts) will be when the kids are sound a sleep or during an evening when they are visiting one of their grand fathers.

Most of the gifts do not get placed under the tree until after the kids are alseep on Christmas eve. If we put them under there earlier then that out little guy is likely to rip into them! LOL! He likes opening presents!

Snow-in-Texas

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Emeritus Member
Jun 28, 2009
Dallas, TX
Oh yes, I get my wife's present when she is at work, then I wrap it and hide it. If it isn't something I can wrap, I put it in a gift bag and hide it. To me it isn't Christmas if there isn't the sound of ripping wrapping paper.

Faith4always

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 17, 2008
Lafayette, LA USA
I wrap as we buy.
I always make sure to put labels on everything as well.
I love to wrap presents!!:merry:

Christmaschick

Chestnut Roaster
MMC Member
Aug 9, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Thanks everyone. I want to try and do some wrapping before Dec. because I do find I sit there for hours and then have a backache, neckache, headache, and everything else ache. My only concern is that I like to wrap really fancy and I'm worried the pressies may not look as nice if they've been sitting on top of eachother in a bin.

whitney37354

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Jan 16, 2009
Tennessee
Thanks everyone. I want to try and do some wrapping before Dec. because I do find I sit there for hours and then have a backache, neckache, headache, and everything else ache. My only concern is that I like to wrap really fancy and I'm worried the pressies may not look as nice if they've been sitting on top of eachother in a bin.
Just don't put the ribbon on until you are ready to put the gifts under the tree. I wrap in October and November, but I put the ribbon/bow later.

Jolly Old Elf Mary

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Member
Nov 29, 2008
Kentucky
I wrap presents around the middle of December. I have all my shopping completed before Thanksgiving, but I don't like to wrap until the house is decorated and the season is in full swing. I find a free day, turn off all the house lights, turn on all the Christmas lights, fire up the VCR/DVD player with the Christmas movies and fix me a hot cup of coffee or hot chocolate. I have alot of presents to wrap, so it can take a few hours. However, usually, it takes the whole day, because I stop several times to watch the movies. :) It really puts me in the Christmas spirit. I just shut out the world and enter my own little festive world. :gift: :sparkle:

Chillywilly

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 21, 2007
Northern California
We do it several ways. Sometimes we wrap when we purchase them. Or we wait to have our Christmas trimming party and wrap some at that time.:hello:

almcg

Chestnut Roaster
MMC Member
Sep 16, 2008
I like to wrap at the beginning of the second week of December. Our tree goes up on the 1st and the presents start to appear under it around a week later. I have all my tree lights on and a Christmas film on and I usually get it all done in a few hours. That means when my DD9 comes home from school the presents are all under the tree. I might not put out all of my DH presents as he has an awful habit of trying to guess what everything is!cheesy

Santa's Helper

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 14, 2007
Out there
I usually try to wrap them early and stack them (without the bows on) in piles according to the person that they are for. For the past few years though I've been falling behind and waiting until Christmas Eve to do it all and it ends up taking me all day to do it and then my back hurts and I get upset and start to not wrap as nicely as I usually do. This year I'm gonna try to be better organized and wrap early and often!