Food network

BritneyBug

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 7, 2007
North Carolina!
awhitechristmas.blogspot.com
I wonder if anyone else does this:

When Thanksgiving is coming, I find myself watching the cooking shows on tv!
I Don't usually watch them at any other time of the year.
They have awesome specials on how to best cook Turkey, all kinds of different side dishes, yummy desserts, and I am always so fascinated!

dominick

MMC Emeritus
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 9, 2006
South Holland, IL
The only one that I watch every year is Alton Brown's Good Eats episode, Romancing The Bird. I actually just watched it yesterday morning on DVD as a refresher before I made "practice Thanksgiving" at a friend's house last night.

dominick

MMC Emeritus
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 9, 2006
South Holland, IL
He's an interesting guy. Did you know that originally he was a film director and cinematographer? He was frustrated with the lack of interesting cooking shows on TV, so he went to culinary school and made his own.

snowytree

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 16, 2008
GA
I do tend to watch more cooking shows around the holidays. I was just watching a Christmas German cooking special on public tv this past Saturday.:) They were actually making several of the recipes that trackrebel had put in her post!

Mr Walker

Merry KISSmas
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 19, 2008
The only show I seem to watch on the Food Network is 'Unwrapped'.

BTW, I went to college for a year with Rachel Ray and I'm 99.99% confident that we never crossed paths.

M

MerryChristmasLydio

I loves foodnetwork! It's so much during the Holidays! I especially love Unwrapped and Paula's Party. Paula Dean is my favorite!

jenifour13

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Oct 17, 2006
New Jersey
I do the same thing. I look so forward to the Food Network at that time of year. This will be the first year I am doing Thanksgiving dinner so I will definately be taking some notes. :)

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
I love watching the holiday episodes on the food network channel!

Santa's Helper

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 14, 2007
Out there
My husband drives me nuts watching the Food Network! I can't stand that station and I even deleted it from my cable line up so that when I'm flipping through the channels I won't see it! Ever since my husband had gastric bypass surgery last year he's been watching the Food Network. I guess he figures if he can't eat the food then he'll just imagine that he can. He likes it, I hate it.

Courtney

Makin' A Comeback!
MMC Lifer
Jul 21, 2008
Home
My current and lame cable company doesn't carry the Food Network and it ticks me off. That is one of the few stations that I love. I miss Paula, Alton, Tyler and heck I even miss Bobby Flay and I don't even like him. cheesy I am sad that we won't be able to watch all of the holiday shows. :(

MsChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 8, 2008
Maryland, USA
I watch more cooking shows around the holidays too! I do watch it throughout the year but only if Im really bored or nothing else is on. Im doing Christmas dinner this year at my house for the first time so I will def. be watching the cooking shows more then ever this season!

Nathan8906

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Oct 13, 2008
Orange County, CA
I love Good Eats! It seems that Alton Brown might be running out of foods, though. All of the new episodes are weird foods like celery root :)

My other favorite is Giada De Laurentiis, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with cooking :hello:

Sunshine73

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 26, 2005
Illinois
Thank goodness I'm not the only one!! I find myself watching all kinds of specials on the Food Network as we get into the holiday season. From how to cook your Thanksgiving Turkey to the Gingerbread House bake-off and everything in between.

I get excited when they start the "month of Seasons Eatings" commercials. I'm such a dork!

annalauren

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Oct 31, 2008
Texas
I love the Food Network and I watch it all year long, but I really love it around the holidays! My favorite is probably Paula Deen.

snowytree

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 16, 2008
GA
Yesterday I saw they are starting the Thanksgiving shows on Nov. 16th.

Silverbells

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 28, 2008
Philadelphia Pa. USA
Don't worry you are not alone! Those shows are so addictive it's hard not to watch. Especially this time of year they have great tips for the perfect holiday feast.cheesy

GingerMel

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Nov 1, 2006
Clinton, CT
The only one that I watch every year is Alton Brown's Good Eats episode, Romancing The Bird. I actually just watched it yesterday morning on DVD as a refresher before I made "practice Thanksgiving" at a friend's house last night.

THAT'S why I remember you Dominick!

Romancing the Bird is the BEST episode of Good Eats, with the exception of Deep Space Slime.

I remember that you and I both make the turkey the way he does!

Soooo good.

On topic: yeah...I also watch more Food TV around the holidays. I do it in an effort to find interesting side dishes.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image