German Thanks Giving Dinner

trackrebel

candy cane hustla
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2008
Germany
sports.groups.yahoo.com
Here in Germany we don´t have the Thanks Giving You guys have....of course not...cos Yours is a lot about the Pilgrims and everything....so it wouldn´t make much sense for us to celebrate it.....But we have a Holiday, on the first Sunday of Oktober that is called "Ernte Danke Fest" (Thanks-for the harvest-fest)...in the end You could say it´s our Thanks Giving......it´s mostly celebrated in churches....not really a public celebration thing......

Now I have decided to change that for my family now.....since we are Christians...I think we should celebrate that day and thank God for what he´s been giving us....food, health, each other, friends.....

So for Sunday I have invited my father and mother (divorced) and will cook some "German Thanks Giving" dinner after coming home from church....
I will do two roasted chicken, mashed sweet potatoes (or potatoes...don´t know yet), beans and gravy.......for a desert or later for coffee, I will do a Pumpkin-Cheese-Pie on Saturday....

We will also carf the Pumpkin that we buy for the pie....so Kandice (2,5years old) has something to do as well.....

I plan to do that every year now...:D...and am browsing thru the net getting more and more recipes to please my family on Sunday!

SparkleNana

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
May 19, 2008
This sounds like a wonderful -- something that each person can look forward to every year. The food sounds delicious!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
That sounds so nice!! Enjoy!!! :family:

snowytree

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 16, 2008
GA
What a nice idea..I hope you all enjoy yourselves and your dinner!:sparkle:

joyful

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 25, 2006
northeast USA
umm umm sounds good. What a wonderful idea. Your little one has a very special Mommy. What a blessing you are to your family and others.

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England
that sounds great!

enjoy your day and let us know how it goes.

trackrebel

candy cane hustla
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2008
Germany
sports.groups.yahoo.com
I will....besides the mashed potatoes...I never did anything before....just ready to put to the oven chicken wings and legs....:D...but I think....I got some talent for cooking....funny to me...cos I never cared bout it till I was like 24-25...so it might turn out alright

I forgot to mention that I will also serve homemade lemonade!

M

MerryChristmasLydio

That sounds like fun. I'm sure everyone will enjoy it. I hope you have lots of fun!:rudolph::tree:

Reactions: 1 person

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image