Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

gift

Discussion in 'Home & Family' started by Christmasplease, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

Are there gifts or retro toys from your childhood, that you have given, or would love to give to your child?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    Lynn68 likes this.
  2. Storeytime

Storeytime Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer Santa's Elf Christmas Crew

I can't say that they're discontinued any more, but I've given my kids things like Rock Em Sock Em Robots, Toss Across, Stocking stuffers like Silly Putty, Slinky, Old Maid card games, and other things that I got as a kid. They loved them.

3. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

Yes, I should rephrase that, they have actually brought a lot of retro toys back, and some never left.

I would have loved to give my daughter a “Tubsy” Doll. I never got one the Christmas I asked for it.

Lynn68 and DecemberisComing like this.
  4. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Crew

Lite-brite ... loved mine as a kid and we got one for our kids several years ago and they loved it.

5. Lynn68

Lynn68 Santa Clausologist MMC Lifer

When I was a child in the late 1970s, I had this doll family called The Sunshine Family. They were sort of like barbie dolls, but if I remember correctly, they were a bit shorter. There was the mother, father and their baby, and you could buy accessories that were sold separately. I had the house, but there was also a pickup truck and a two person bicycle with 3 wheels and a basket on the back of it. I played for hours with them. I don't have children, but if I did, these dolls are what I would have loved to give them.

Christmasplease likes this.