Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Gifts you bought your parents

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Christmasplease, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

My parents wanted the same gifts year after year. I guess they chose these gifts to make it easier on me (during my teens) but they also loved the scents. As I got older, I still included these as part of their gifts.

Mom - Miss Dior perfume
    Dad - Old Spice “anything”

Lynn68 likes this.
  2. WintersElf

WintersElf Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Talk Alum

usually the same gifts until i was teenager and realized how boreing my gifts were..they never complained tho...
    Dad...old spice and socks...
    MOM...a light scent perfume to which i never she was alergic too.she never complained..mittens..scarf..puzzle..necklaces...candy

Lynn68 and Christmasplease like this.
  3. Lynn68

Lynn68 Santa Clausologist MMC Lifer

My father died 38 years ago, when I was almost 13 years old and my mother died 24 years ago, when I was 27 years old. So I really don't remember what I bought my mom, but I do remember giving my dad tie dyed handkerchiefs every Christmas. He always seemed to love them, even though I'm sure his reaction was just to make me happy. I miss tie dying hankies for him, I wish I could do it for him again.

Christmasplease likes this.
  4. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

My dad also liked “Virginia Nut”’chocolate bars, and my mom liked slippers

5. WishfulThinker

WishfulThinker Merry Forums Newbie Merry Forums Member

I created gifts this year for my parents + Family members. If your like me and a bit short of festive funds. Getting creative is always an option. Below is one of the shirts I made.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081P46CCY
    Good thing is that this is available for everyone if they are short of any ideas for gifts + plus you help me a little if you do like and grab one.

6. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

My Dad always wanted Old Spice aftershave and my Mom wanted whatever I gave her. She was not picky, as long as chocolate was included some way or another.