Christmasplease

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Aug 9, 2015
Canada
I have been making gingerbread “everything” for the last few weeks. Is gingerbread considered a winter cookie?

Last edited:

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I guess it just depends! I usually think about gingerbread and other sugar-and-spice treats in the fall. But I also remember reading a book where a child is treated with a big block of fresh gingerbread and lemonade in the summertime.

I found a "small batch" gingerbread recipe (made in a small pan, makes about four servings), but haven't tried it out yet.

Christmasplease

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Aug 9, 2015
Canada
I guess it just depends! I usually think about gingerbread and other sugar-and-spice treats in the fall. But I also remember reading a book where a child is treated with a big block of fresh gingerbread and lemonade in the summertime.

I found a "small batch" gingerbread recipe (made in a small pan, makes about four servings), but haven't tried it out yet.
Let me know what you think of the recipe. I have an amazing one , but it’s not small batch.

Reactions: MerryCarey

Lynn68

Santa Clausologist
MMC Lifer
Aug 29, 2011
Calgary, Canada
I love gingerbread. I haven't made any gingerbread cookies yet this summer, but I've been burning my gingerbread candle though. Smells delicious!

Reactions: Christmasplease

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Let me know what you think of the recipe. I have an amazing one , but it’s not small batch.
I made the small-batch gingerbread recipe a couple weeks ago, and it was very nice! Rather labor-intensive for a small amount, but SO good. I'd make it again. I baked it in a 5x5 baking dish that I bought for the purpose, and it made four large pieces.

Reactions: Christmasplease