Halloween 2020

christmas87

Santa Clausologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 10, 2007
new york
It’s been awhile since I’ve been on here. I recently graduated from the police academy. I’ve missed being on here especially around the holidays.

how does anyone think Halloween will be this year with the whole COVID thing going on? Do you think it will be different in terms of trick or treating or would even allow trick or treating to happen this year?

Reactions: ballcoach and Ddeby

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
It’s been awhile since I’ve been on here. I recently graduated from the police academy. I’ve missed being on here especially around the holidays.

how does anyone think Halloween will be this year with the whole COVID thing going on? Do you think it will be different in terms of trick or treating or would even allow trick or treating to happen this year?
Congratulations on the Academy. Hard time to be a police officer. My husband spent 32 years in some area of law enforcement. Good luck!

Reactions: christmas87

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
Hi and welcome back!

In Florida, I know Halloween will be very different. We mostly have church Harvest events with very little trick or treating. We have Trunk or Treat where all our members fill their trunks and the kids take a goody. I've not heard get whether our church will participate in this event this year.

Congratulations on the Academy.

christmas87

Santa Clausologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 10, 2007
new york
Hi and welcome back!

In Florida, I know Halloween will be very different. We mostly have church Harvest events with very little trick or treating. We have Trunk or Treat where all our members fill their trunks and the kids take a goody. I've not heard get whether our church will participate in this event this year.

Congratulations on the Academy.
Thank you. I’m glad to be back. That’s what we use to do back when I lived in New York. They had the trunk or treat. Hopefully this year won’t be any different.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas

First, congratulations! Very awesome accomplishment!

I'm curious as to how Halloween will go as well. I live in a part of Texas where almost everyone seems to believe that COVID doesn't exist (it does, though: my aunt died from it) and is pretty much YOLO about going out places, not wearing masks, etc. So I'm kind of worried that my neighborhood won't see any change at all.

What I'm hoping WILL happen is that people at least think of their kids and find an alternative to going door to door or having large Halloween parties this year. I don't know what that alternative should be, but I really hope that everyone plays it safe regardless of what happens.

Ddeby

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Member
Jul 7, 2012
New Hampshire

Congrats to you! I hope trick-or-treating can happen in some form, but I kind of have my doubts. I guess we'll find out soon enough. :(

christmas87

Santa Clausologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 10, 2007
new york
First, congratulations! Very awesome accomplishment!

I'm curious as to how Halloween will go as well. I live in a part of Texas where almost everyone seems to believe that COVID doesn't exist (it does, though: my aunt died from it) and is pretty much YOLO about going out places, not wearing masks, etc. So I'm kind of worried that my neighborhood won't see any change at all.

What I'm hoping WILL happen is that people at least think of their kids and find an alternative to going door to door or having large Halloween parties this year. I don't know what that alternative should be, but I really hope that everyone plays it safe regardless of what happens.
Thank you and sorry about your aunt. Yea that’s what’s I’m thinking about because a lot of people I know and where I live they think because the kids will have masks on anyway it might not affect anyone. I will have to think about weather letting my kids go trick or treating. Might just have to do our own trick or treating at home this year.

Reactions: Ddeby

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
I am from the UK and i cant honestly see how trick r treating can happen this year....We have decided to let the gals have a few friends over and have a Halloween party....I know it wont be the same Halloween but we have to try and make Halloween feel as normal as possible even though it wont be nothing like what the kids do on Halloween nite.

Reactions: LadyLynn and Ddeby

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
We are going to do trick or treating...but just to a few houses of people we know. We will dress up and have the kids a little party. There are some creative things we can do since Halloween falls on a Saturday. We will do more with the girls...but not as much out and about.

Reactions: LadyLynn and Ddeby

Cedar Grove

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Aug 31, 2020
East Tennessee
Way back in the day (and I'm an expert on this), trick or treating consisted of one or a few kids walking down the street in their neighborhood, ringing a neighbor's bell, and standing on the porch while he threw a piece of candy in your bag; say Thank you and move on. This seems like it would have been virus safe: outdoors, brief contact, arm's length. And masks!

Nowadays, in consideration of other safety considerations, trick or treating is often done in large supervised gatherings, with crowds milling together in a parking lot for "trunk or treat," or in a school gym or the like visiting various booths and candy dispensers. Or kids travel in packs down the halls of apartment buildings or retirement homes. Textbook super spreader scenarios.

If all that's available is the second type I would add it to the list of things that just aren't happening this year. Another opportunity to teach and learn patience.

Reactions: Pond and LadyLynn

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image