Halloween Countdown and Gathering—2018

Ryan

Santa's Mentor
MMC Donor
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 24, 2012
Oklahoma
Happy November 1st everyone!

I hope you had an amazingly spooky Halloween.

From here, we are looking at 364 days until Halloween 2018.

Feel free to post away here. Our count will resume after the Holiday Season, On January 1st.

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Thanks Ryan. hope you guys had a special Halloween.
Here we go again till next year. As usual I will pop in and out as we count down to the haunted months. Wishing you all a little spooky magic through out the off season.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Saw some AWESOME Halloween lights tonight (ironically when it's as far away from "Next" Halloween as it will ever be 364 days and counting)...but I took Rollins for a walk and we went a different way than normal. A few houses looked so decorated and lit up for Halloween. Brought me back to October chills and thrills.

Jason

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Member
Jan 24, 2017
Vermont
Saw some AWESOME Halloween lights tonight (ironically when it's as far away from "Next" Halloween as it will ever be 364 days and counting)...but I took Rollins for a walk and we went a different way than normal. A few houses looked so decorated and lit up for Halloween. Brought me back to October chills and thrills.
I always kinda look around to see how long the decorations stay up. Admittedly after October 31 they lose quite a bit of their gusto. I always tell myself though, the longer they stay up this year into November, the shorter the wait to see them again next year. I tend to do the same with the Christmas decorations in January. Little mind games to get through early parts of these countdowns.

Jason

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Member
Jan 24, 2017
Vermont
I also just read your closing thoughts on Halloween 2017. It's a small thing, but I really have to agree that Halloween will fit better on a Wednesday than it did on Tuesday. I have the same feel about Tuesdays. I even tend to prefer Monday nights to Tuesday nights, maybe its a Monday Night Football thing not really sure. I will say however, even a Tuesday is awesome if it's a Halloween Tuesday!

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
my house is still decorated lol

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Hey everyone,
Today I will take my halloween decorations down. The spooky atmosphere will continue here in England though as we head toward Bonfire Night on Sunday. (Guy Fawkes night) It's almost like a mini second Halloween...almost not quite :)

Hope everyone is good in spirits :) 363 days to go ad i have already bought the cats' witch's collars for next year! Whoo Hoo

Since there is no Bonfire night thread , I am sure you all won't mind me including it here.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I always kinda look around to see how long the decorations stay up. Admittedly after October 31 they lose quite a bit of their gusto. I always tell myself though, the longer they stay up this year into November, the shorter the wait to see them again next year. I tend to do the same with the Christmas decorations in January. Little mind games to get through early parts of these countdowns.
Same here! I hang on to it as long as I can. I remember driving home one night in March this year with several houses still having Christmas lights. Made me smile we were almost 25% of the way to Christmas again and people still had it up for LAST Christmas!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I also just read your closing thoughts on Halloween 2017. It's a small thing, but I really have to agree that Halloween will fit better on a Wednesday than it did on Tuesday. I have the same feel about Tuesdays. I even tend to prefer Monday nights to Tuesday nights, maybe its a Monday Night Football thing not really sure. I will say however, even a Tuesday is awesome if it's a Halloween Tuesday!
Yeah I'm the same way. Even growing up if I had to do something I didn't want to (like go to a dentist) I'd try to schedule it on a Tuesday cause I figured it was the worst day of the week anyway. Wednesday Halloween will be cooler!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Hey everyone,
Today I will take my halloween decorations down. The spooky atmosphere will continue here in England though as we head toward Bonfire Night on Sunday. (Guy Fawkes night) It's almost like a mini second Halloween...almost not quite :)

Hope everyone is good in spirits :) 363 days to go ad i have already bought the cats' witch's collars for next year! Whoo Hoo

Since there is no Bonfire night thread , I am sure you all won't mind me including it here.
I've got to start looking at the Halloween discounts. That's one nice thing about November for Halloween fans.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
So funny you mention this...
I walked into the room a couple of weeks ago and my 11 y/o was watching it...she thought it was so funny! Not scared or spooked by it at all...lol

She only watched it for a bit and then I made her change the channel. :eek:

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image