Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Happy Advent!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by whychristmas, Nov 30, 2014.

1. whychristmas

whychristmas Webmaster Partner, <a href="http://www.whychristma MMC Lifer MMC Emeritus Member MMC Partner

9 people like this.
  2. snowflake22

snowflake22 *Harlowe's Mom* MMC Lifer Louann Jeffries Award

1 person likes this.
  3. VictoriaLT

VictoriaLT Christmasologist MMC Lifer

Happy Advent to you too! [​IMG] We have long-lasting traditions of Advent in Lithuania and so, this period is really special to me and takes an important part of my heart and soul. This remaining time until Christmas makes me want to reflect on another year that is coming to an end. By saying 'reflect' I mean not only re-think everything I have and haven't done but deeply consider what I've learned, appreciate the mistakes I've made, and truly admit myself that I've hurt some people. It's much harder than seems if you try to do it truly consciously. It's kinda hard to express everything on the message because it's all emotion-related but yeah, I dedicate Advent for self-reflection and thinking of what I can improve to be a better person next year for myself and for others. :]

6 people like this.
  4. reindeerelf

reindeerelf Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class MMC Lifer

Victoria--This is the best explanation/definition of Advent I ever read.
    THANK YOU!

2 people like this.
  5. Meceka

Meceka MMC Associate Editor MMC Lifer MMC Donor Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew 2018 Ornament Exchanger Santa's Elf

Happy Advent to you!

2 people like this.
  6. made582

made582 MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole MMC Lifer Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Crew Santa's Elf

Happy Advent, WhyChristmas!!!!

2 people like this.
  7. snowflake22

snowflake22 *Harlowe's Mom* MMC Lifer Louann Jeffries Award

Beautifully stated, Victoria [emoji171]
    A lovely reflection & way to live!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 person likes this.
  8. George Broderick, Jr.

George Broderick, Jr. Guest

YAY! Let's all have an Advent-ure!

2 people like this.
  9. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417450561.223391.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 person likes this.
  10. judesmama

judesmama ...and Noel's mama, too! MMC Lifer Christmas Crew

I love the anticipation of Advent! I treat it a bit like Lent and try to read more Scripture and "deprive" myself a bit (adios Facebook!!). It's a beautiful time of year!

2 people like this.
  11. novelist

novelist Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

:pHappy Advent! I can't believe Christmas is in three weeks.

2 people like this.
  12. Petronius

Petronius Twinkle Light Checker Merry Forums Member

Happy Advent!
    The First Sunday of Advent can be from the 27th November to the 3rd December.

He_Is_Born likes this.