Happy Independence Weekend, America!

CharlestonNole

Keeper of the Yule Goat
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 22, 2008
www.hauntedchucktown.com
Happy Independence Weekend!
But, CN you're two days early......nah, read this quote from John Adams to his wife Abigail...

..""The Second Day of July 1776, will be the most memorable Epocha, in the History of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more."

Let the party begin today, as our Founding Fathers agreed on Independence and made it official two days later.

Also, a great big shout out to all those who love Liberty, American or not.

Have a great Independence Weekend and God Bless America!

CharlestonNole

Keeper of the Yule Goat
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 22, 2008
www.hauntedchucktown.com
Independence from Great Britain was declared by the 2nd Continental Congress on July 2, 1776. We celebrate July 4th because this is the day Congress adopted the wording for the Declaration of Independence. It was not actually signed until August 2. Three months before, South Carolina was the first colony to declare its independence from GB on March 15, 1776.

SW1Dennis

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
Jun 14, 2007
Chandler AZ
:sparkle:

I know it's late, but I would like to wish everyone in the USA a very safe and happy 4th of July!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image