Apr 16, 2006
Southern CA
Just a couple ornaments through Hallmark for gifts, and a sweater for the Mrs

Mistletoe Wishes

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jul 20, 2015
England
Yup, I have. :) Brought my mum a gorgeous handbag. It's denim with gem stones on it and a gold trim. Sounds gawdy but it's actually very nice! :p I've also brought her some silver amethyst jewellery, a bracelet, necklace, a pendant and some earings.
I've brought my nieces a pencil shaped pencil case with pencils in, sundae and doughnut shapped lip glosses, a joke pack of gum and a joke fake dog poo! lol :D
Elder niece is really into sharks so I want to get her this next: http://www.firebox.com/product/6256/Shark-with-Frickin-Laser-Beam?via=related
:D

ChristmasFanatic2

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Christmas Talk Alum
Jul 31, 2015
PA
No, nothing, yet.

Reactions: Ryan and MsRose

LadyWinter

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Christmas Talk Alum
Jul 31, 2015
East Texas
This year I'm going to wait a week after Thanksgiving to start Christmas shopping. I think the in-laws want to do a Secret Santa type thing where we shop for one person instead of 6 people, which will be a lot easier on the budget. I won't find out for sure until closer to Thanksgiving so that's why I'm going to wait to start shopping.

I usually start Christmas shopping a lot earlier, around September-October, or when the stores put out the Christmas gift sets. I'm definitely going to get Christmas cards early but I'll hold off on the presents until I know for sure if we're going to do the Secret Santa thing this year or not.

HollyJolly

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Jul 10, 2013
Christmas Station
Yes. We like to get it done early and then relax and enjoy the season while many others go frantic. It allows us to enjoy the full extent of the season as well as engage in more charitable activities than would be possible otherwise.

MarthaK

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Sep 5, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Yes. We like to get it done early and then relax and enjoy the season while many others go frantic. It allows us to enjoy the full extent of the season as well as engage in more charitable activities than would be possible otherwise.
Great idea Holly Jolly! What charitable activies do you prefer? For me, it wouldn't be Christmas without a few shifts ringing the bell for the Salvation Army, packing shoes boxes for Operation Christmas Child, and working at the regional warehouse for the Toys for Tots campaign.

Angelfrog

Merry Forums Newbie
MMC Member
Apr 20, 2014
I tend to buy small bits and pieces throughout the year (I bought the first of this year's pressies on Christmas Eve from a bin of reduced items in our local supermarket). I'm stepping it up a bit now, though as time's a ticking! My daughter has a secret Pinterest board where she pins things that she'd love or things that give me an idea ongifts- and I've ordered a few things from there this week. I also make a lot of gifts (too many people and far from enough money to stretch)- so I've been collecting things for a few months now to put together for Christmas. I've done the 'December pay having to cope with it all and (not) last till the end of January' thing and been waaaaay too stressed to want to go there again!