• Gobble Contest

Help Us Save The Puppets From Rudolph

RetroChristmas93

Merry Forums Newbie
MMC Member
Oct 19, 2020
Ohio
Hello, My name is mark. I am the owner of castlenoel.com. If you have never heard of us we are one of the largest christmas attractions in the world with the worlds largest collections of christmas movie props and costumes. We have worked for decades to create a magical christmas experience unlike any other, we even rebuilt the slide from a christmas story and have the original angry elf from the movie shove kids down the slide. My family has pretty much invested our lives into this place and there is nothing more rewarding to me than when a family comes up and tells me how much this place means to them and how much joy it has brought them over the years. Every year we add and expand to give returning familys somthing new and exciting to experience. Im sure most of you have heard but the original rudolph and santa puppet from the 1964 rankin and bass classic stop stop motion classic will be going up for auction on november 12th. They are expected to go for around $250,000. The sad part is that most likely they will be bought by a private collector and locked away never to see the light of day. We believe that somthing that has brought joy to multiple generations should be abke to be enjoyed by people who watched the classic every christmas, they should not be locked away never to be seen again. We have set up a go fund me to try and raise the money needed to give the beloved props a permanent home. We have already raised $10,000 in the last 3 days alone, but in order for us to be able to win these we need to get the word out to as many people as possible. If you can donate any amount it would be greatly appreciated, but even just sharing our link will help us out alot. So please help us in any way you can to bring these pieces of christmas history to medina ohio where familys can enjoy them for years to come. Thank you so much for reading this post and i hope you have a very merry christmas!

GoFundMe: https://gf.me/u/y45hcz
CastleNoel: www.castlenoel.com

Attachments

• 201015173719-original-rudolph-puppet-auction-large-169.jpg
    201015173719-original-rudolph-puppet-auction-large-169.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
There's more info about the auction in this thread, including a link to the auction catalog (which has some great photos).

RetroChristmas93

Merry Forums Newbie
MMC Member
Oct 19, 2020
Ohio
There's more info about the auction in this thread, including a link to the auction catalog (which has some great photos).
Thank you so much for the reply. If you can please share our go fund me link on your social media it would be greatly appreciated. We really want these pieces of christmas history to be somewhere where people can enjoy them and not locked away in somebodys private collection. I know with covid that many people are dealing with a tight budget but even sharing the link helos us immensely. Thanks again and i hope you have a amazing christmas! Also i hope you enjoy this picture of my christmas tree from last year :D20191202_174553.jpg

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
It's a tall order (as Kris Kringle says)!
I wish you success.

Christmas Activities

Operation Christmas Cheer
Twas the Night Before Christmas Read-a-thon
Voice Greetings for the Merry Little Podcast
Vote at the Christmas Hall of Fame
Thanksgiving Gobble Contest
Coming Soon!
Dickens in Days
Tracking Santa
MMC Events

Sponsors