Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Holiday baking

Discussion in 'Christmas Food' started by novelist, Nov 17, 2013.

1. novelist

novelist Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer

:sparkle:Has anyone started, or when do you plan on doing your holiday baking? I started this weekend with baking pumpkin bread. I made two loaves yesterday, and two loaves this morning. The ones I made yesterday have walnuts in them, today's bread has chocolate chips added. I froze all four loaves, much to the disappointment of my husband. This is a new recipe, and we'll have the first loaf on Thanksgiving morning.Another loaf will be served on Christmas morning. I plan on baking Christmas cookies to, but that will have to wait until my decorating is done. I'm not in as much of a hurry to get my baking done, as I don't put the cookies out until Christmas Eve.

7 people like this.
  2. Courtney

Courtney Just "Merry-ed"! MMC Lifer

Not yet. Which feels weird because I've usually made something by now. I'm just having a really tough time getting into the spirit this year, and it bums me out. :/ Maybe I will throw some pumpkin bread in the oven this week, maybe it will help. It does sound pretty good. :)

4 people like this.
  3. Virginia

Virginia Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

I love to cook but this early I start stocking up on all the fantastic foods available in the shops so I can have something festive with my cuppa every night while I do all my planning. Absolutely love Pfeffernüsse and all the varieties of gingerbread.

3 people like this.
  4. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor Christmas Crew MMC Lifer

I bake all the time but no I havent started my holiday baking. I have been stocking up on everything I need to do my holiday baking which I do in Dec.

2 people like this.
  5. XmasFlora

XmasFlora Tinsel Straightener MMC Member

fruitcake

I have not started my holiday baking yet. Next weekend I plan to bake my fruitcake. I always like it to mature for some weeks with a little cream sherry and a little orange liquor, I buy one of those mini bottles for this.:dance:

3 people like this.
  6. novelist

novelist Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer

:dance:Since starting this thread, I baked pumpkin bread last weekend, four loaves. One of the loaves, I'll take out of the freezer Wed, and we'll have it with breakfast Thanksgiving morning.

3 people like this.
  7. XmasFlora

XmasFlora Tinsel Straightener MMC Member

Baked my fruitcake this past wednesday. I add some sweet sherry once a week.

:celebrate:

2 people like this.
  8. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

I baked a good bit for Thanksgiving and bake occasionally during the holidays. I love to bake.

As for actual holiday baking, I don't do very much - my mom and brother get together to have a day at it - I will help them if it's my weekend off, but if never seems to be. I will make some cookies and maybe some fudge, but they will go all out - cookies, candy, fudge, chex mix. There is enough for all of us to share!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 person likes this.
  9. angelpugs

angelpugs Christmasologist Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

It's my busiest time from before thanksgiving to christmas,i bake all kinds of goodies and i make my own confections,as i've already started stocking for it all.:blinky:

Attached Files:

10. DoYouHearWhatIHear

DoYouHearWhatIHear Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Premiere Member

This thread reminds me I need to be looking up new recipes for this year!! Thanks angelpugs!

Holiday and snowflake22 like this.
  11. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

We have "candy day" at my Moms every year - usually on a Sunday. Everybody makes 1 or 2 types of candy & we divide it all up so we have nice candy trays to give to our neighbors, etc. I also have "cookie day" with my friend & her kids at our house, we cut out & icing Christmas cookies. Both are so much fun! Plus I make some extra things on my own.
    :blinky:
    Cookie day
    [​IMG]
    Candy Day: (not everyone is in the pic - we usually have 10-15 people in the kitchen!) :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And last year friends got together to make candy canes & santa's
    [​IMG]

12. snowflake22

snowflake22 *Harlowe's Mom* MMC Lifer Louann Jeffries Award

Ahhhh! I remember these, too! YUM!!! I'm so hungry for sweets now :p

Holiday likes this.
  13. angelpugs

angelpugs Christmasologist Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

How yummy,i get alot of my ideas from pinterest,of course i have some of my grandmothers recipes to.:ornarment

Attached Files:

tyreejames, snowflake22 and Holiday like this.
  14. The PinProject

The PinProject Christmas Fan MMC Member

I film youtube tutorials so I usually like to get a head start on my videos so I will be filming starting next week and my friends/family get to enjoy christmas early haha

Holiday likes this.
  15. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

Now I'm excited to start Christmas baking again!!! :)

joyful likes this.