Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Hot Chocolate?

Discussion in 'Home & Family' started by Christmasplease, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

Hot Chocolate or Hot Cocoa? Which one is TRULY better?

2. xmasbug

xmasbug Chestnut Roaster MMC Lifer

I don't think I've ever had hot cocoa so I will say hot chocolate. Maybe I should look into having me some hot cocoa!
    -sing-

Christmasplease likes this.
  3. novelist

novelist Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

Hot Chocolate!

4. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

Truth. I don’t know the difference.

5. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Hot cocoa is made with milk, cocoa powder, sugar, and a few grains of salt.

Hot chocolate is made with milk, shaved unsweetened chocolate (you can buy this sometimes already sweetened as "drinking chocolate"; look in the part of your supermarket that sells British foods, or at World Market), sugar (if the chocolate is unsweetened), and a few grains of salt.

In other words, hot cocoa is made with cocoa, and hot chocolate is made with chocolate.

I like them both, but it's much easier for me to make hot cocoa, unless I can find good-quality drinking chocolate.

6. Christmasplease

Ahhh, thank you!!!

7. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Now I want a cup ... either one!

8. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Hot chocolate

9. Nash

Nash Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

id have to say "Chocolate"